Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Change in Breeding Rules or Bug 2? (Black Hybrids)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennedward View Post
    Yea it was Diamond and Leo that resulted in Night
    It must have been a while ago then because it stopped giving the Black type over 6 months ago. When the Zodiac type was first released it did split correctly (and for a while after) but now it does not. Feel free to test it, myself and others have been for a while now.

Executive Chef
    I Usually breed light and some other types like Light and fairy and it's split just yellow and green? why??? I think Air and Light is the dragon that spit that 2 types dragon
    DS:122 Neighbors required!! ADD BAKERYSTOE as well)

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by knj00 View Post
    It must have been a while ago then because it stopped giving the Black type over 6 months ago. When the Zodiac type was first released it did split correctly (and for a while after) but now it does not. Feel free to test it, myself and others have been for a while now.
    I'm currently breeding for Helios and Diamond Prism so I won't be able to test it, especially because Black is 23 hrs, plus I don't really need any other fails that results from Diamond and Leo, anyways, keep asking and TL should reply soon
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Host(ess)
    I have been breeding Diamond and Leo for a while now and have never gotten any dragons with black but I have gotten every other color in the mix. I am starting to believe that trying to get Astromancer is a waste of time until the types are fixed.

Rhino Keeper
    I have been trying to breed for a Leo for the last few weeks on and off. I have not gotten any dragons with black from breeding Air&Night/Shadow, Forest & Night/Shadow, and Fire & Night/Shadow. Maybe that is why I cant breed a Leo or any other black dragon..idk maybe its just strange coincidence... I have a 2 other nbrs trying for Leo also and they can't get it either.
    Last edited by kjbrogren; 06-14-15 at 10:58 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Knj00, thank you very much for telling this! I used combo Leo x Diamond 40 times since release of Emberglow, hoping to get it, Black Diamond and Dark Angel, but I did not get a single night dragon. I am afraid you are right, and to get Black Diamond and Dark Angel is not possible with this combo too.
    Here are my breeding results:
    Leo x Diamond
    Mist 7
    Air 6
    Coral 6
    Genie 4
    Magic 4
    Water 3
    March Mayhem 2
    Iridescent 1
    Seer 1
    Cosmos 1
    Taurus 1
    Aries 1
    Leo 1
    Social 1
    Mercury 1

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_MOM View Post
    I have been breeding Diamond and Leo for a while now and have never gotten any dragons with black but I have gotten every other color in the mix. I am starting to believe that trying to get Astromancer is a waste of time until the types are fixed.
    I did get Astromancer a while back with Leo and Diamond but no Night and no Bat ( still missing that one )

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_MOM View Post
    Yes, as Annica5 said above it is still possible to get Astromancer from this combo, the Black type missing does not effect this outcome.

@kjbrogren: Not being able to breed Leo has nothing to do with this problem. This is strictly an issue with what the Zodiac type is giving when used as a breeding parent. That being said I wish you lots of luck with your Leo attempts, it can be really hard to get (getting a minor type from a minor type... total pain).

@rasike: No problem, that is why I brought it up here. Many people will use this combo trying to get a Black type dragon but currently with it not behaving how is should (or at least how it always has) they are trying and wasting time and gems on a combo that will never work. Currently you can not get Emberglow, Black Diamond, Dark Angel or any Black type from this combo.

This is why I would like to know if this issue was overlooked and will now be fixed or if this is an intended change. If this is how the Zodiac type will work from now on we should at least be told. Since purposely changing how a type works a year or more after it's release without giving any info on it is misleading IMO. We should at least get some confirmation so we know once and for all.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by knj00 View Post
    This is why I would like to know if this issue was overlooked and will now be fixed or if this is an intended change. If this is how the Zodiac type will work from now on we should at least be told. Since purposely changing how a type works a year or more after it's release without giving any info on it is misleading IMO. We should at least get some confirmation so we know once and for all.
    I totally agree.

The Honorable Panda
    I received some information:

Zodiac's colors were corrected last year to be Yellow/Black, which is the intended color split for Zodiac type. They have not made any additional changes to Zodiac's breeding rules since that update.

Word from Design team is that the current results are intended.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast