Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Change in Breeding Rules or Bug 2? (Black Hybrids)

Fashion Designer
    Thx for the answers!

Rhino Keeper

Question

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    ...but also Black is Purple and Red.
    With an already complex issue, some might be even more confused with this statement because doesn't Black = Purple and Blue.

Or am I missing something?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by deltared View Post
    With an already complex issue, some might be even more confused with this statement because doesn't Black = Purple and Blue.

Or am I missing something?
    I think that was a typo because the thing Elsa said after that sounds correct. I had no idea about Champion components splitting that far. Would've been nice to have a chance at getting Black/Diamond hybrids while trying for Valiant

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by zyfazix View Post
    I think that was a typo because the thing Elsa said after that sounds correct. I had no idea about Champion components splitting that far. Would've been nice to have a chance at getting Black/Diamond hybrids while trying for Valiant
    I agree about the splitting - From what I took from Elsa's post -
    Even though Champion's hidden colors are black and red, for breeding purposes, it splits to purple, blue and red, not black at all -- not ever.
    Same goes for Zodiac- hidden colors are black/yellow, but when bred split to purple,blue and yellow. (Which explains all my mist fails with breeding with Leo) and why black hybrids are not possible without another black in the den.

Was hoping this was a bug, but looks like it is 'as intended' and planned that way. Disappointing, but at least we got clarification and I won't keep trying for results that can't ever happen.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TwiWoods View Post
    I agree about the splitting - From what I took from Elsa's post -
    Even though Champion's hidden colors are black and red, for breeding purposes, it splits to purple, blue and red, not black at all -- not ever.
    Same goes for Zodiac- hidden colors are black/yellow, but when bred split to purple,blue and yellow. (Which explains all my mist fails with breeding with Leo) and why black hybrids are not possible without another black in the den.

Was hoping this was a bug, but looks like it is 'as intended' and planned that way. Disappointing, but at least we got clarification and I won't keep trying for results that can't ever happen.
    I corrected the color from red to blue in my og post.

When I brought it up when it was originally reported, it was shared with me that it is a bug. There may be some discrepancy between the intended function versus the actual function (i.e. special colors interfering with outcome if another split color is involved). It's been shared, but there may not be time to investigate it for a while.

Rhino Keeper
    Elsa, thank you for your attention and communication on this issue. I can be patient, it took 2.5 years to breed a Diamond, I can wait a bit more before trying for black hybrids with it and my champions!

Banned
    My internet connection is good, always have been. No other apps "crash" like S8 games...
    Since February I haven't been able to breed a dragon that had black as an element. Everytime I put a black hybrid in the breeding den it automatically splits into blue and purple and just to add to the disappointment, I've bred a parade of Corals. I understand Coral is a common dragon and will show up a lot but black breaking down for the last 6 months is crazy when in the three months before that I couldn't stop breeding black hybrids. Is there anything that could be done about that?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by starship412 View Post
    Since February I haven't been able to breed a dragon that had black as an element. Everytime I put a black hybrid in the breeding den it automatically splits into blue and purple and just to add to the disappointment, I've bred a parade of Corals. I understand Coral is a common dragon and will show up a lot but black breaking down for the last 6 months is crazy when in the three months before that I couldn't stop breeding black hybrids. Is there anything that could be done about that?
    Can't get Valiant either and can't think the last time I had a black fail even using Prime Eternal with a Champion. Also I am at loss to breed Neon as well!

Banned
    My internet connection is good, always have been. No other apps "crash" like S8 games...
    Quote Originally Posted by random59 View Post
    Can't get Valiant either and can't think the last time I had a black fail even using Prime Eternal with a Champion. Also I am at loss to breed Neon as well!
    I'm glad I'm not the only one to see this. Getting blue/purple hybids occasionally is one thing but black and pink leaving the breeding is something else. I had issues with breeding pink dragons until they all seem to come at once in the last month.

The Honorable Panda
    Hey guys, just wanted to update on this question.
    These will be the breeding rules as they are. There's no plan to update them to the previous rules.
    If you have any further questions or feedback you can contact support:support.storm8.com >> submit a request
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789