Thread: Question about different selling rates.

Farm Supplier

Question Question about different selling rates.

How does this game determine what sells?

When I order outfits, I try to get roughly the same amount of each item, but I've noticed that often, 1 piece will sell out WAY before the others. I have the racks/tables for this outfit set up in a square, with 2 sides of each accessible to the customers. I have 9 mirrors and 4 dressing rooms so I might have expected if it was an accessory or shoe that sold quicker, but it's a piece of clothing. I started out with around 2500 of each piece, one is completely sold out (sometime overnight, so I don't know exactly how quickly) and there are still over 1000 each of the other pieces.

Is there any rhyme or reason to this? It's making me a little neurotic, lol - I like to plan

Rhino Keeper
    I noticed this as well. We know that there's a sales cap per rack/counter per hour. I believe it is 38, or thereabout. However, there also seems to be an overall cap of how much can be sold per day across all displays. I recently blocked off a major part of my shop for restocking, at the end of which I had about 10k pieces per display. After a week, some displays were close to 1k items left, while others barely sold anything. I have a 100 heart rating and I never get broken hearts - plenty of mirrors and dressing rooms for the number of displays I have.

Accessibility of the displays doesn't correlate to sales rate. I have some that are only accessible from one side, while others can be viewed from up to three sides. The sold out displays were a combination of these.

I wish the developers would share the statistics behind the sales algorithm. Diminishing returns are observed the more displays the shop has, thus beyond a certain number, the extra racks/counters are there mostly to receive tips from visitors.
    Fashion Story - Angelesque
    Bakery Story - Le Reve

Fashion Designer
    United States, Canada, Mexico, Panama, Haiti, Jamaica, Peru, Republic Dominican, Cuba, Carribbean,
    Wow, this is a really interesting topic. I've noticed it too, how some items (mostly smaller items, IIRC) sell out first, even if I had more of them to begin with. It just never occurred to me to wonder about the math behind it. I guess, somewhere in the back of my mind, I thought that maybe the more interesting items (fans, tiaras, etc.) sold out first because of their fun factor. But maybe there is a formula behind it? Either way, now I really want to know.

Rhino Keeper
    The layout of your boutique and if there are any items surrounding your racks/tables can have an effect on how quickly something sells. A shopper can approach your items from 4 sides if there is nothing behind,in front, or next to on either side of the racks, this will increase how fast an item sells.

If your table or rack is up against a wall or has other racks or decorations next to it, and the shoppers can only get to it from one or two sides it will sell out slower.

Executive Chef
    It's just some items sometimes are "hot". Which item is it? for me now it's the nerd chic top - sells at about 2x rate.
    Last year the lovely luck was hot.