Page 67 of 102 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Story Breeding Experiments/Theories Part 5

Breeding calculator question. I use this website to calculate breeding options: https://dragon-story.wikia.com/wiki/Breeding_Calculator. The only challenge I find is it pulls all of the (sometimes) hundreds of options. Using the same website, I then input the recommended breeding options to find the least amount of viable outcomes. This process takes a long amount of time, but worth it over breeding dragons that could result in 40 outcomes versus just 5 outcomes. I am looking for a tool that lists the breeding options that produce the least amount of outcomes.

For example, if I was looking to breed Air, the tool would recommend I breed Air with Air as the 1st choice because only one breeding option results from this breed choice, which is Air. Rather then listing Rainbow/Rainbow to produce Air because this would result in three outcomes.

I understand the value of this website because we don't always have all of the dragons listed. I just wish the list was in the order of the least amount of outcomes, then list the next option based on next highest outcome and so on. Bottom line, I am hoping there is a tool that doesn't take as much time to use. Fortunately, I am at level 146 and have 241 dragons. So, I do not have to "hunt" for viable options for breeding dragons I am aiming for.

I am hopeful those of you at high levels have also encountered this challenge and have found a means to save time when searching for the best breeding options. Please let me know if I am missing out on another useful tool or if I am currently using the best currently available.

As always I appreciate all using the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLovely View Post
    Breeding calculator question. I use this website to calculate breeding options: https://dragon-story.wikia.com/wiki/Breeding_Calculator. The only challenge I find is it pulls all of the (sometimes) hundreds of options. Using the same website, I then input the recommended breeding options to find the least amount of viable outcomes. This process takes a long amount of time, but worth it over breeding dragons that could result in 40 outcomes versus just 5 outcomes. I am looking for a tool that lists the breeding options that produce the least amount of outcomes.

For example, if I was looking to breed Air, the tool would recommend I breed Air with Air as the 1st choice because only one breeding option results from this breed choice, which is Air. Rather then listing Rainbow/Rainbow to produce Air because this would result in three outcomes.

I understand the value of this website because we don't always have all of the dragons listed. I just wish the list was in the order of the least amount of outcomes, then list the next option based on next highest outcome and so on. Bottom line, I am hoping there is a tool that doesn't take as much time to use. Fortunately, I am at level 146 and have 241 dragons. So, I do not have to "hunt" for viable options for breeding dragons I am aiming for.

I am hopeful those of you at high levels have also encountered this challenge and have found a means to save time when searching for the best breeding options. Please let me know if I am missing out on another useful tool or if I am currently using the best currently available.

As always I appreciate all using the forum.
    My husband just recommended the Punnett square (used by genetics to show all possible outcomes of gametes in a cross of parents). Has anybody tried this?

Nightclub Owner
    2nd Mist fail, ah well, I'll keep trying lol
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Fashion Designer
    Attempts for Crusader and Quetzal have to wait. It's hard to breed when the phone battery is empty

Edit: Got the crusader. Wasn't that bad considering it's an ultra rare

Edit: 40 minutes after breeding Crusader and getting it in the nest I got a 32 hour timer for Quetzal. The rest of the Diamond hybrids will have to come from pure luck when breeding other combos
    Last edited by zyfazix; 09-02-15 at 05:36 AM.

Nightclub Owner
    Got Prime Energy with regular breed right after free boosted breed ended lol
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Quote Originally Posted by Kennedward View Post
    Got Prime Energy with regular breed right after free boosted breed ended lol
    Yea! Got mine at about the same time too. Free boosted breeding had just ended when I popped in the pair of level 15s.

Except for the Prime Dragons, I've pretty much given up on trying to get new dragons through regular combinations. These days I just pop two Diamonds into the breeding den/roost and just hope for the best. Results have been pretty good though, I'm getting quite a few new dragons using this method and it is quite something to get new dragons when you have 395 unique ones.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    Yea! Got mine at about the same time too. Free boosted breeding had just ended when I popped in the pair of level 15s.
    I usually get good ones with regular breed, boosted breed has never gotten me anything good
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Fashion Designer
    Was sooo close in getting cerberus: everything was right down to the waiting hours.... But then I got a trickster. Imagine the pain I felt...
    Island name:
    ShadowBahamut lvl 156 IOS, 325 Unique Dragons
    Diamonds:
    Diamond, Infinity, DAngel, Angel, Crusader, Quetzal, Helios, Unicorn, Gold
    Champions:
    WKing, Ninja, Immortal, Steelflare, Spartan, RSentinel, GAngel, WPrincess, RKnight, WPrince, SKnight, Dueler, Centurion
    Primes
    Life, Energy, Eternal

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by pernmagic View Post
    I'm hunting a Divine , any hints on best combo with fewest and shortest fail times would be appreciated please ...
    Ditto on this. I tried all during the boost, but ended up with 2 pegasus fails... -_- and countless commons.
    **Full-time DS junkie since 2014, working to make her dragon dreams come true.**

Diamonds: Diamond, Infinity, Crusader, Gold, Quetzal & All Arctic Diamonds
    Champions: 13 total, 4 epic, 1 max level
    Player Level: 171
    *Newest bred dragons: Super (6.14.16) & Iris (6.11.16 - boosted)

Dragons are so fun!
    Dragons are so fun!
    Now it's time to hatch an egg
    and see what we have done...