Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parking a beast?

Rhino Keeper

Parking a beast?

How does everyone feel about leaving a beast to hang out for long periods of time? I always feel like my kingdom is unkempt, even if on the edge. I've tried doing it but just can't leave it that way for long LOL - is it just me?
    I am "Gem" on Castle Story, "C's Cuisine" on Restaurant Story 2

Nightclub Owner
    I used to do it long ago, but since 1 1/2 - 2 years, the beasts are useful and I don't park them long (couple of hours max). I need their drops after all.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    I used to do it long ago, but since 1 1/2 - 2 years, the beasts are useful and I don't park them long (couple of hours max). I need their drops after all.
    Oh definitely, they don't last long if I need something from them! What I've been doing lately is spawning a troll from the sparring pit, then go about all my collecting uninterrupted ... sometimes leave him for awhile, sometimes not. But just not too long LOL
    I am "Gem" on Castle Story, "C's Cuisine" on Restaurant Story 2

Nightclub Owner
    The pit is a good place because it is a 100% spawn. I used in the morning, so I can collect as well. Sometime I reduce the health to 1 point before leaving the beast alone for a while.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

I'll leave a beast for a week sometimes! Right now there's one camped out in part of my crops but just covering the ones I'm fairly maxed on and don't need right now. I love it because I can tap away at my other collections without wasting the energy! I've sometimes placed a trap at the edge of my kingdom in the plot that's full of us chopped trees so it's really out of the way. I definitely play without the game music when there's a beast
    I'm happy to be neighbors, but don't send an invite to this ID as it's my backup game. Let me know and I can invite you to my main game (with kingdom name Timewaster)

Executive Chef
    It depends if I need what they give I do the monster trade a lot and very happy now I have the sparring pit as I've always found I max quickly on creep tooth and fur but not the troll horns. But I have parked a monster if the position is right for a few hours even a day or two.

Fashion Designer
    I usually park a beast. I have plenty of the items I need from beasts at this time and they are more of a menace than a help unless I need them for a particular quest. If I use the items dropped by beasts I will let them roam but once I am full of the items I park 'em. I try to keep my kingdom neat and I park them in an area that I don't need to collect from right now.

Rhino Keeper
    I've parked a monster in my kingdom for months. With the last quest I started to run low on their drops so I don't have anything parked right now. Once I stick back up I will.
    Duchess of Zoe's Castle in the Hidden Hills of the Thuakie Nation
    ⚔⚔⚔ Crystallized sword #26 ⚔⚔⚔
    Honored member of The Thuakie Sword Society.

Rhino Keeper
    It's that music that makes it so frantic (and maybe the grayed-out patch where the monster is). I only park a beast in say, a timed event when harvesting crops. I think the first time I did it for any length of time was Halloween with harvesting corn for candy corn. My kingdom just felt like a wild mess! Well, in that situation I was not doing my regular collections (devoting all energy to the event) so it was probably more than just a monster but they really change the mood with that music.

Executive Chef
    Yeah.... as soon as I got to the dire boar stage, beasts became a giant inconvenience. Dire boars suck up 3 energy every time they appear, and they appear WAY more frequently than the other beasts. I couldn't wait to be able to park a beast. I just felt like I needed to get through the Pepe Skunkupine goals first, so that I would have a consistent source of rat tails. Literally as soon as I was able to get through those goals, I expanded to a new, out of the way area of my kingdom and parked a beast there. It took a little trial and error, but I found the perfect place to park it where it covers very little of the actual kingdom and nothing I need. That's where it's going to sit unless I need beasts for a goal or run dangerously low on beast drops.

I highly recommend doing this... it is SO pleasant not to have to worry about constant dire boars. And I definitely don't need beast drops for any particular reason currently. There are other sources of bones, creep teeth, fur, and even rat tails now that I have Pepe. I have plenty of all of those drops.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast