Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fashion Story update 5-19-2015

Idk... i kinda like the romantic diner but i find it more appropriate for BS, not sure how it can/should be used in a boutique. ..
    i generally like the 50s fashion, big fan of the classy Grace Kelly style. Would have been so much better to get appropriate displays instead of just a soda machine
    If you play with a cat, you should mind his scratch.

Fashion Designer
    Alright I'm officially dissapointed. Only two new items and one of them is basically an 18 gem advertisement for storm 8. Just like that storm 8 purse it will never be displayed in my shop. The diner stuff on sale is nice but there's really not enough items to make a full theme. My only consolation is that the catalog is pretty adorable, minus the kinda childish purse, and the fact that it costs gems.

I'm not a fan of the brand placement. It just seems cheap, especially when they wind down the updates to the game. I thought the soda machine looked okay on first look but when you put it out and it's all S8 then I'm not sure I'd buy it. If you want free brand promotion like that, I don't think they should be charging gems for the item. If they were churning out great updates to FS, I would be very happy to promote S8's brand, right now I am a bit meh.

I do like the sale items though, very strong theme running through this update. Just a bit disappointed there aren't so many new items. On the positive side, they have been releasing new clothes every update which is much better than when they'd round robin between new catalog, new LTO decorations or new box. Sadly I am not making the most of all these free gem opportunities since I'm not playing as actively across all my boutiques anymore. I'm going to experiment with putting the soda shaped purse out to see if it can go on a table in my Hipster Cafe. It's sort of a weird form factor for a purse.
    Last edited by JustKay; 05-19-15 at 05:06 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Does anyone have a picture of the Diner? I've never seen it displayed and don't want to risk losing gems by previewing it (been there, done that!).

To me, this is a satisfactory update. I love the catalog, even with the funky purse. The pink cat is quite cute and is for coins. I wish it was a tad bigger to show detail without having to zoom in so close, but it's adorable enough that I already bought it.

I am curious why they decided to put Storm8 logo on the soda machine AND make it cost gems. At least make it cost coins and people may be more inclined to buy it. It's not a very versatile item for a fashion boutique, so not sure why they went that route.

It is a bit disappointing that this update lacked new mannequins and displays. But, I can understand not being able to churn these out every single week for a free to play game. We've gotten a lot of beautiful items during the past months - four runways, plum tree display, pink punk display, a handful of awesome manniquens (tulip, boho, nerd chic, blue/gold dress, etc.), so overall lots of great stuff was released recently. I'd love to see these types of releases every single week, but I don't think it's realistic.
    Fashion Story - Angelesque
    Bakery Story - Le Reve

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by angelmama24 View Post
    The purse is the only cute item in this catalog. My poor avi looks like a 50s housewife. I guess I'll just add the feather duster. And please all, don't call this "snarky." It's the truth.
    I'm agreeing with you for once. She looks like the housewife archetype. It's a very pretty look though, so it could be a Sunday brunch look as well. Maybe even an afternoon tea.

I find the update quite lovely. We get to have another style from the 1950s aside from the Sockhop style 'Nifty Fifties'. I do quite enjoy the quirkiness of the whole outfit. The purse is very cute and quirky. Sigh, the LTOs are just box items. They're lovely though but I don't see myself purchasing them. Nor any of the new items

The update is... fine. Nothing too exciting, at least I have something new to wear.
    Last edited by Ic3e; 05-19-15 at 05:59 PM.

a meh update for me

Executive Chef
    I was hoping that TL would continue the decades theme with new items, since they made the old box items available. Oh well. The catalog is ok, but it's not really my style.

Fashion Designer

Quote Originally Posted by matrixkitten View Post
    Does anyone have a picture of the Diner? I've never seen it displayed and don't want to risk losing gems by previewing it (been there, done that!).

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you for the picture! It's cute, but not for me.
    Fashion Story - Angelesque
    Bakery Story - Le Reve

I finally indulged in the diner, thought it looked ok with the different candy cane n gingerbread items
    If you play with a cat, you should mind his scratch.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast