Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Update: May 20th 2015

"question: if i put ganesha in my bakery with a turkish bazaar and belly dancing girls, who would yell at me for mixing totally different cultures?"

I Would even though u r a wonderful neighbour 2spoons..........even if its sarcastic made me cringe
    Last edited by algalesia; 05-19-15 at 08:42 PM.

The Ganesha idol represents auspicious beginning and is a common sight at the entrance of most shops and restaurants in india
    But without a lighted lamp the statue in the update is incomplete
    And what has yoga got to do with a bakery.....that too with calorie balls ka gulab*jamun
    I am happy for the attention towards indian culture but sad it has been represented in such a disorganized way.....there is so much more to it.

ps:I really wish they would hv given the idol with lamps in rs where it is more suited. I would permanently change my resto to Indian theme

Fashion Designer
    *sigh* I can't believe they're doing all the cultural stuff now when they haven't even done anything for spring. One update for spring? BLAH, and we got tons of stuff for one season and holiday, Christmas and Winter. I am very disappointed. They should at least have given us another spring update. I'm so bored with Bakery Story lately. Forgive me, my neighbors if I disappear for a while.

Farm Supplier
    Ok now I'm wishing I had not bought so many Texas themed chairs and tables! I love this update as much as the Texas one! I need more room! Not only room I need more money! I loved the sultan update I wished I had played back then. This update is really nice too! I'd rather have these last two updates then new spring stuff as my bakery was totally over done with all the flowers from mystery boxes on top of the spring update! I can't wait to purchase this one......only problem is all my money's gone, guess I'll have to go red velvet cake for a while.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sls0991 View Post
    *sigh* I can't believe they're doing all the cultural stuff now when they haven't even done anything for spring. One update for spring? BLAH, and we got tons of stuff for one season and holiday, Christmas and Winter. I am very disappointed. They should at least have given us another spring update. I'm so bored with Bakery Story lately. Forgive me, my neighbors if I disappear for a while.
    I can totally see that. It feels like it's been awhile since we've had a theme that got me excited. I haven't redone my bakery in like almost two months, which isn't normal for me! I need inspiration. Maybe I should take requests from my neighbors. I've spent WAY too much on this game to get bored. I have to play into my 90's so it will have been worth it!

On a side note ... I've had more than 60 (I lost count) new neighbor requests and they could be all you guys and I'd never know lol! If you added Sweet Dee's, you'll have to let me know. I SO wish I'd made my ID the same as my bakery name. Or we could make our own user ID on here. I've tried to msg everyone back but may have missed a few? If I did, I'm sorry! :-) Thank you all for the wonderful compliments! Hopefully my bakery will live up to it every month!
    PS. If you add me, remember, I don't tip often and don't expect anyone to tip me! I always gift reg parts unless a goal is going, I like both parts and cappuccino. I check in to answer requests multiple times a day. Nice to meetcha all!

Host(ess)
    Amazing update! Love the indian theme! Thanks TL/S8 .

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by house0fjoy View Post
    The statue of Ganesha (the Elephant God) is a much loved and revered religious icon for Hindus. Not a decorative item. It's like offering a Christian crucifix or a statue of the blessed Mother Mary as a decorative update. If the intent is to have an Indian-centric theme, please include other decors to complement the Ganesha statue - like rangoli (colorful floor-art), tea-lights for Diwali, flowers & garlands. If the intent is a yoga space, then complement it with characters in yoga-pose, yoga mats, a softer/neutral color palette. Please.Consider.Some.Cultural.Sensitivity.
    This company is getting worse when it comes to cultural updates. I'm still cringing over the Texas goals (fellow Texan). I wish they excluded the yoga and gave us a proper Indian update with all of the items you mentioned above. I love yoga, but not for my bakery. Or if they are going to give us a yoga update, go full out with it. It's disappointing when just months ago we received several really great cultural/bakery themed updates, and now we're back to updates falling flat or making zero sense.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by sls0991 View Post
    Because of the lack of spring updates, I had to start opening up boxes (mostly the darn gardeners box). We always get several winter updates, but when it comes to spring and summer, we hardly get anything. Very strange.

Executive Chef
    I don't like this update nothing to buy so guess I will save more coins.

Fashion Designer
    I see the goal to buy a Duck Fountain, but no update. Is Android getting a new version?

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast