Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Update: May 20th 2015

Fashion Designer
    I always love the cultural themes. It’s good to show soe cultural awarness every once and a while. I think my favorite thing is the statue, it's gorgeous!

Executive Chef
    TL why give us a new appliance to build when most players havent built or completed the goal ones yet????

Executive Chef
    well, it's not like you have to build the new appliances right away. (although given some of S8's recent actions, it's probably a good idea to. never know when they might randomly remove it!)

Farm Supplier
    I love everything in this update! Can't wait!

Rhino Keeper
    Rather like this update! The stools are very pretty and I like the statue too!

Farm Supplier
    I actually like this! Especially the little chairs. Reminds me of the Arabian Nights update we had last summer, with the pillows for seats.

Rhino Keeper
    The statue of Ganesha (the Elephant God) is a much loved and revered religious icon for Hindus. Not a decorative item. It's like offering a Christian crucifix or a statue of the blessed Mother Mary as a decorative update. If the intent is to have an Indian-centric theme, please include other decors to complement the Ganesha statue - like rangoli (colorful floor-art), tea-lights for Diwali, flowers & garlands. If the intent is a yoga space, then complement it with characters in yoga-pose, yoga mats, a softer/neutral color palette. Please.Consider.Some.Cultural.Sensitivity.

I agree, I thought that was the point of not putting nativities for decor in Christmas, or any religious item [EQUOTE=house0fjoy;1112360]The statue of Ganesha (the Elephant God) is a much loved and revered religious icon for Hindus. Not a decorative item. It's like offering a Christian crucifix or a statue of the blessed Mother Mary as a decorative update. If the intent is to have an Indian-centric theme, please include other decors to complement the Ganesha statue - like rangoli (colorful floor-art), tea-lights for Diwali, flowers & garlands. If the intent is a yoga space, then complement it with characters in yoga-pose, yoga mats, a softer/neutral color palette. Please.Consider.Some.Cultural.Sensitivity.[/QUOTE]

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jandtandn View Post
    Super extra curious about that oven. It looks like the Lace Oven in RS. Any ideas about what the food could be on the counters?
    It sure looks like the Lace Oven in RS! For a moment there I thought I was looking at the wrong label for the update lol

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by house0fjoy View Post
    The statue of Ganesha (the Elephant God) is a much loved and revered religious icon for Hindus. Not a decorative item. It's like offering a Christian crucifix or a statue of the blessed Mother Mary as a decorative update. If the intent is to have an Indian-centric theme, please include other decors to complement the Ganesha statue - like rangoli (colorful floor-art), tea-lights for Diwali, flowers & garlands. If the intent is a yoga space, then complement it with characters in yoga-pose, yoga mats, a softer/neutral color palette. Please.Consider.Some.Cultural.Sensitivity.
    I had an idea it was a statue of a god but didn't even think twice about it being used as decor . Sorry about that, I know better. I think this is the second time in a month TL has messed up a cultural update, and risked offending players.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast