Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Update: May 20th 2015

Executive Chef
    Not a big fan of the decor but new recipes are always welcome, and it's nice that they're trying to celebrate different cultures.

Executive Chef
    I wish that theyd really went all OUT to embrace the indian theme, decor and recipes. Though I do love the deep purple floor, the chairs and recipes. The chairs alone are giving me inspiration to finally take the time to decorate my shop. Its been sitting like a hurricane blew through it for the past few weeks. And even im tired of looking at it! I hope they continue this next week and dont go all crazy and through some farm stuff at it. They can be wacky like that.

Executive Chef
    okay, it's not flowers, but i like it anyway. that's definitely a new oven--hope it has 3 recipes, not just the 2 on the counters. i'd skip the yoga mats, but am all for multi-cultural updates.

(question: if i put ganesha in my bakery with a turkish bazaar and belly dancing girls, who would yell at me for mixing totally different cultures?)

Quote Originally Posted by orleansparish View Post
    I wish that theyd really went all OUT to embrace the indian theme, decor and recipes. Though I do love the deep purple floor, the chairs and recipes. The chairs alone are giving me inspiration to finally take the time to decorate my shop. Its been sitting like a hurricane blew through it for the past few weeks. And even im tired of looking at it! I hope they continue this next week and dont go all crazy and through some farm stuff at it. They can be wacky like that.
    The purple floor looks like the one from the magician's theme. I love the deep color and keep it in my bakery in a section that's a tribute to my mother.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    okay, it's not flowers, but i like it anyway. that's definitely a new oven--hope it has 3 recipes, not just the 2 on the counters. i'd skip the yoga mats, but am all for multi-cultural updates.

(question: if i put ganesha in my bakery with a turkish bazaar and belly dancing girls, who would yell at me for mixing totally different cultures?)
    Not me! We have some indians, bengalis, creoles, brazilians and black american folks under one roof! Our decor and food I cook every week is all over the place. And its so much fun. This is fantasy but I wouldnt want yoga mats in my shop. I dont need my bots walking out with broken hearts, thinking im telling them theyre too fat. They may go to these folks who have shops, that only sell vegan food (yet people really do this on a game) and not give me anymore business.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonWished View Post
    The purple floor looks like the one from the magician's theme. I love the deep color and keep it in my bakery in a section that's a tribute to my mother.
    Is it? I have to check, thanks! Thats how I know I zoom through these goals to get them done in under a week so I can move on about my business. Purple is my fav color but I havent been able to find enough items to make a section with this color. Maybe ill try. Its crazy, because ive been liking and buying chairs recently more than I do tables. The last ones were the blue mosiac when the turkish items came out. Other than that, tables are using too boring or too expensive.

Farm Supplier
    I love those tables! I hope they're for coins, although I suspect they may be for gems

Executive Chef
    they're definitely the magician tiles, i love those things.

Quote Originally Posted by orleansparish View Post
    I dont need my bots walking out with broken hearts, thinking im telling them theyre too fat.
    HA! also true. you'd have to only serve tea in your shop while you had the yoga studio going.

Fashion Designer
    Super extra curious about that oven. It looks like the Lace Oven in RS. Any ideas about what the food could be on the counters?

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post

Not me either! Even though they're culturally different, it could look really cool. I'd personally think old-timey fantasy Silk Road theme if I saw the items together (In which case, btw, the Yoga Mats are TOTALLY becoming Flying Carpets. I don't care what anyone says.)

Quote Originally Posted by jandtandn View Post
    Super extra curious about that oven. It looks like the Lace Oven in RS. Any ideas about what the food could be on the counters?

The round desserts are probably Gulab Jamun, going by their appearance on the bot's plate. They're basically milk-based balls, with the texture of sponge cake, that have been deep-fried (preferably in melted, clarified butter) and then dropped into sugar syrup. They're super tasty, but definitely not the best thing to associate with fitness or yoga

I can't place my finger on the second one just by looking at it, though Maybe a cupcake hybrid? Once its name is revealed I'd be able to describe it Although, presumably it would be the one to have the purple berries/grapes in it. Gulab Jamun doesn't really feature any fruits

Also really happy to see the multiculturalism I hope the developers continue to showcase more cultures with future updates
    Last edited by pixiegamer; 05-19-15 at 04:18 PM.
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast