Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Treasure Dragons - Are they worth it?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by TwiWoods View Post
    I think you have to be level 40 for gold type dragons. Also, the habitat is VERY expensive - $8 million coins. Don't hatch the egg until you have enough money to build the habitat. I didn't pay attention to the cost and my egg sat on the nest for 2 weeks until I could save the money. It was difficult not spending money on crops, arena or anything else in order for me to save the money. It was then that I noticed the benefit of neighbors that visit and give habitats the coin boost.

I have 2 gold giving dragons now (both bought on sale) and have not regretted the purchases.

I have also only spent gold on new habitats that went on sale for 100 gold - 500 gold to me isn't worth the cost.
    Thankfully the 8million coins isn't going to be the problem, since I'll have a long time to save both gold and coins before buying the dragon itself.
    It's great to see that people who have bought treasure dragons are happy with them, that is encouraging.
    Thanks for the advice

Nightclub Owner
    I love my gold producing dragons - I bought them as a Christmas present to myself last year. I would do it again in a heartbeat. With 8 dragons, I get 40 gold per day. For me, it was totally worth the real money I spent since I play this game on an obsessive level

One important note: if you should find yourself with two in the same nest, the nest's limit is 5 gold so you have to really collect throughout the day to get max value.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

I am level 150 and have never spent real money on DS. I bought my first gold-type dragon on sale around Thanksgiving (I think) last year for 600 gold. Between that and a fairly generous number of "download our other game" gold quests over the holiday season I was able to buy the Forbidden dragon when it came out on sale in February. Now the gold pretty much just rolls in, I can spend to finish tournaments when necessary and have more than enough stashed away to buy the next gold-type dragon on sale as well. It really is a great investment.

Nightclub Owner
    Definitely worth it, I have all 8 and I love getting 40 golds per day
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Fashion Designer
    Wow, 8 treasure dragons? You guys basically sit back and let the gold roll in!
    Thanks for the tip about the gold limit, I'll keep it in mind if I ever save enough to buy a second dragon.

Nightclub Owner
    Yeah, I basically keep saving to upgrade my habitats right now, and another other gold only dragons if they introduce more
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12