Thread: Do you have to spend real $ for good dragons?

New Resident

Do you have to spend real $ for good dragons?

Is the only way to get gold is to buy it? Any way to earn? Thank you! I love this game but can't spend cash.

Executive Chef
    You can get treasure dragons, which will give you gold, but you have to spend gold to buy them.

Other than treasure dragons (if you have all 6 at epic you can collect 30 gold a day) the only way to get gold is to spend real money or have neighbours gift you gold, but you can only get 20 per day from neighbours. Hope this helped

Oh! Forgot about in-game goals. Occasionally you may get asked to download a particular game and you will have to play up to a certain level (then you'll get rewarded with gold) if you keep checking the goal book and it tells you to get to certain higher levels, you'll be gifted with more gold, but I think it's only 3 amounts.

For example

Download "insert name of game here" (reward might be 6 gold)
    Play to level 6 (reward might be 12 gold)
    Play to level 12 (reward might be 12 gold)

I may have gotten some details wrong, but that's the general idea, not sure if android different to iOS
    Last edited by awsumum; 05-17-15 at 12:27 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    On Android you get 30 gold for downloading games such as Restaurant Story, Bakery, Story, etc. I have earned over 3000 gold without spending a dime or having gold generating dragon.

Farm Supplier
    I have never bought a dragon for gold other than Stainglass (can't be bred) and I have tons of rare dragons! Just takes patience.

Executive Chef
    Me too. I have over 350 dragons, including 3 Gold-giving dragons, and 6 Diamond/Diamond-hybrids, tons of Champions, lots of three-colored dragons etc. etc. I only bought gold once, and that was enough to get me my first Diamond-dragon. With that, and with enough saved money from neighbors, I have won every tournament and World Event that has been issues since October 2013: back then I was only lvl 70-80.

And ways to get gold:
    * neigbors (and if you have spare devices, you can give gold to yourself, I harrassed my husband into giving me gold daily)
    * Gold-giving dragons (mind you, the standard-price has a time of return of almost a year, just buy them on sale +/- once a year)
    * winning certain rounds in tournaments
    * iOS: fulfilling small tasks (eg "visit 3 community memebers" or "buy a decoration") after installing a game when asked to or when reaching a certain level in that game. But only when there is a goal that asks you to do that.
    * buy with real gold (or ask iTune-cards for birthdays etc.)

Fashion Designer
    I never spend any real money in any games.

It takes forever, but I save up gold from neighbours and buy something's that way.

I miss out on some rarer things sometimes but when I do get something rare, I amser happy because I had to wait and work for it rather than buying it.

Still trying for a diamond dragon and been playing a couple years now. Lol. But when I do get it - woo hoo!!

Can't afford to spend money on games, so I just want to enjoy it and if I can't get something, oh well. No stress for me. Lol
    My storm ID is: luna2cute

I currently play Fantasy Forest Story and Dream City. Have previously played many others.

I love gifts of Gems in FFS and always return gifts in the order received.

Thank you kindly friends and have fun!

~Luna

Fashion Designer
    United States, Canada, Mexico, Panama, Haiti, Jamaica, Peru, Republic Dominican, Cuba, Carribbean,
    Depends. If you're seriously lucky you can breed most of them, but I do end up spending real $ for them, mostly the treasure dragons and the package deals. I hope that one of these days I'll have all 6 treasure dragons and won't have to spend real $, but that's a long ways off.

Is it safe to use our bank details to purchase things in gae

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by mom23inmo View Post
    Is the only way to get gold is to buy it? Any way to earn? Thank you! I love this game but can't spend cash.
    No, I got all 8 gold producing dragons without spending any money, and all of my Diamond hybrids were bred with regular breeding.

I have never spent any money on this game
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)