Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to determine what dragon to buy?

Executive Chef

How to determine what dragon to buy?

Ok, once you've played a long, long time, and are very carefull with your gold. You have quite some Gold-giving dragons, so that gold comes in, slowly, but steadily. Aproximately 20 gold a day.

Always enough to rush an hour fo the breeding den, so you can put a new one on before you go to bed. Enough to buy you through the hard rounds of any tournament. Enough to participate (and finish) any event TL throws at you, without any hustle. Already bought 2 extra nests, which are both very helpfull in World Events.

But, the one time I did lost gold in a gold trap (1,000 with which I accidentally bought food, of which I have over 3,000,000 of), make me aware of the value of gold. It nearly made me quit Dragon Story. And no, this topic is not about goldtraps, I'm just mentioning them to give a little background.

So, what to spend it on then?

Boosted breeding is not my thing: I don't see enough value for the buck. Speed breeding ditto. I'm happy when I breed 1 new dragon a month, even with all the new dragons being released. I have almost 350 unique dragons, tho lots of them stay in storage, because I don't want to get in the situatieon that I don't have space ffor them anymore.

Remains: buying dragons with it. I already made the deal that I bought any dragon that's on sale (for gold, not for real money), but my gold stash keeps growing, and soon it's gonna be past the point where I can loose 1,000 gold again.

So, how to determine what dragon is best to be bought? The cheapest are most easy, but the expensive are most usefull (arena).. What's your tactics, if you ever buy dragons?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaboe View Post
    Ok, once you've played a long, long time, and are very carefull with your gold. You have quite some Gold-giving dragons, so that gold comes in, slowly, but steadily. Aproximately 20 gold a day.

Always enough to rush an hour fo the breeding den, so you can put a new one on before you go to bed. Enough to buy you through the hard rounds of any tournament. Enough to participate (and finish) any event TL throws at you, without any hustle. Already bought 2 extra nests, which are both very helpfull in World Events.

But, the one time I did lost gold in a gold trap (1,000 with which I accidentally bought food, of which I have over 3,000,000 of), make me aware of the value of gold. It nearly made me quit Dragon Story. And no, this topic is not about goldtraps, I'm just mentioning them to give a little background.

So, what to spend it on then?

Boosted breeding is not my thing: I don't see enough value for the buck. Speed breeding ditto. I'm happy when I breed 1 new dragon a month, even with all the new dragons being released. I have almost 350 unique dragons, tho lots of them stay in storage, because I don't want to get in the situatieon that I don't have space ffor them anymore.

Remains: buying dragons with it. I already made the deal that I bought any dragon that's on sale (for gold, not for real money), but my gold stash keeps growing, and soon it's gonna be past the point where I can loose 1,000 gold again.

So, how to determine what dragon is best to be bought? The cheapest are most easy, but the expensive are most usefull (arena).. What's your tactics, if you ever buy dragons?
    I buy ones that are going to be hardest to breed, when they are on sale cheap. Like a three color one, or one with a combo type in it. Like If you speed breed, and know you will spend more trying to breed it than it costs on sale, because of hard to get combinations, like Pink and Black. I recently bought Triple Rainbow, after trying for it since it was released. I don't usually buy them if they are not on sale, but made an exception with this one.
    If you don't already have one each of the gold giving ones, I would buy those....
    If you don't have a diamond, that might be a good purchase, so you can use it to breed other Diamonds.
    If they bring back a super rare one, and you can't breed it before it goes away again. If you can't finish tourney in time to get champ, may want to speed up rounds and use ultimate to finish, if cheaper than buying champion.
    If you are just a few pieces away from a construct-able Dragon from arena or mines, buy a few pieces.
    Take an extra spin on wheel on last day of spin the wheel event, if you don't have all Dragons.
    That's all I can think of right now! Good luck, and happy shopping!
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

Executive Chef
    I buy the ones that I know will be very hard to breed, useful to the arena, or have a unique color combination if they are on sale. But even if the dragon is on sale and the price is cheap, I don't always buy it especially if I already have a dragon of the same color combination and an equal to or higher rarity level... maybe only if it looks really really nice lol. Also if any of the diamond hybrids that I don't already have would go on sale for a very cheap price, I will buy it immediately.

Executive Chef
    Thanks for your replies

I already have Diamond and 5 Unique Diamond-hybrids. I have all combi-colors, like Rainbow, Royal, Mythic, Dino, etc. The only one I'm missing is Metal. I have never missed out on a tournament since I started batteling, so I have almost all Champions. Same goes for crafting-dragons and world event-dragons.
    I have 3 Gold-giving dragons, and will buy a fourth when it's on sale.

I buy all dragons on sale.

I hate the Spin the Wheel deeply, so no, I will only buy extra rounds if there is something very, very special on it (eg, the Firefly dragon, that's also a nerdy TV-series, with a huge fantasie, so big, that I gave my husband cuflings for our Wedding, stating "I love you more than Firefly", now that's special, isn't is? So I really wanted the Firefly, and bought a few extra spins, to no avail.)

So, my priority-list will be:
    Metal
    Dragons that will be limited in short time

Executive Chef
    And... I bought the Metal

Weird buying a dragon for no other reason than wanting to spent the gold

Fashion Designer
    United States, Canada, Mexico, Panama, Haiti, Jamaica, Peru, Republic Dominican, Cuba, Carribbean,
    I've thought about this (purely as an intellectual exercise given that I rarely have excess gold), and my plan is always to buy the unbreedables/only offered for gold first, ultra rares second, then any super rare ones I haven't been able to breed. Basically in order of rarity.

Executive Chef
    The problem with much "only for gold" or ultra rare dragons, is that their price starts at 2000 gold... And my goal is to keep my stash under 1,000 gold

Nightclub Owner
    I only buy rare dragons and only when they are on sale, so far it's been the gold dragons, now I'm waiting for ultra rare dragons to go on sale
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Executive Chef
    Lol, having the same problem again...

Missed out on the sale for the Cartographer, because at that time my gold was too low to feel comfortable with...

Now I have over 1,000 gold again, and really, really don't know what to buy now... My income has increased to +/- 30 gold a day, so it's rarely an issue anymore.

Already bought 18 dragons:
    Treasure, Stainglass, Metal (and bred the *#)& a few weeks later), gilded, daisy, quicksilver, sparkler, archangel, dark phoenix, messenger, hippogriff, rose gold, teacup, tie dye, cupcake, summer elf, white gold and spell. All of them on sale.

I have all single-color dragons, more than enough champions and diamond-hybrids, have a lvl 15 Rainbow Sentinel that defeats almost anything in the arena (and the lvl 15 diamond hybrids take care of the rest) and there are currently no limited dragons or sale dragons I don't already have... I never miss out on any event, dragon tales, tournament or crafting dragon, so that's not something I can spend gold on too.

So I really, really don't know what to buy next...

Any advice?

Executive Chef
    Well if I had lots of extra gold and really good incoming gold I would splurge on a triple rainbow or cerberus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast