Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: ANDROID PLAYERS | LATEST VERSION -Restaurant Story

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasha_07 View Post
    Again this is not correct, android get monthly goals on Wednesdays. The same time as for iOS, everyone gets the goals simultaneously.

Wednesdays are update days for androids also, unless there's a new edition it comes later in afternoon depending on time zone.
    The gem prompt pop-up is another story, usually Fridays or sometimes it skips weeks or a month.

I've only played my games on android and ONLY get monthly goals/weekly updates on Wednesdays.
    Do all Android players get the goals on Wednesdays?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Monthly goals are on Wednesday for everyone.
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

Fashion Designer
    Yes, we do. We get updates and "monthly" goals on Wednesday. The only time we don't get the update at the exact same time as iOS is when we get a new version. We usually don't get a new version on a week when regular "monthly" goals come out, except once that I recall, and people were furious because the regular "monthly" goals didn't appear until you downloaded the new version, and people didn't want to download until they got the gem reward for downloading, but they also didn't want to lose time to do the goals while waiting for the gem reward to download. The gem reward for downloading has no other requirement than downloading the game. That's it, you don't have to do anything else as you mentioned in a previous post.

The new versions also have nothing to do with programming for Android vs. iOS. There has been quite a bit of discussion as to why they do it on Android and not iOS, but it gets shut down pretty quickly by the mods so i won't get into that. IOS used get new versions too, back in the day. I believe the last one was an Olympic themed version.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasha_07 View Post
    Monthly goals are on Wednesday for everyone.
    Aha. I understand now. Sorry for the misinformation above. I think the history is correct though. I think android used to get updates only on fridays, way back when, then. Someone will correct that as well if my memory has failed.

So does the new version (when one is released) with new content (contained i. The new version) get released on Wednesdays or Fridays? Why do I see in some update threads players saying they haven't received the new content and other players telling them the update for android comes out on friday?

I have my games on an android as well, but due to issues with old goals popping up I now only play very infrequently on my phone and mainly play on my ipad.

Fashion Designer
    Aha. I understand now. Sorry for the misinformation above. I think the history is correct though. I think android used to get updates only on fridays, way back when, then. Someone will correct that as well if my memory has failed.

So does the new version (when one is released) with new content (contained i. The new version) get released on Wednesdays or Fridays? Why do I see in some update threads players saying they haven't received the new content and other players telling them the update for android comes out on friday?

I have my games on an android as well, but due to issues with old goals popping up I now only play very infrequently on my phone and mainly play on my ipad.
    Everybody got updates on Fridays way back when, and then it was Thursdays. It's a moving target. ;-)

When Android players say they don't see the update on Wed and people say they will get it Friday, they're probably referring to when they will get the goal to download the new version, but they could be talking about when the new version will be available in the Google Play store. It doesn't always show up Wed. Sometimes it won't show up in the Play store for a couple of days, but it's been better recently. The gem goal to download is also a moving target. It's been showing up on Friday recently, but it used to be Monday, and it's been weeks sometimes. I think TL likes to see how different timings affect the download total. If they could get as many people to download without offering gems, they would do it. They've also messed with how many gems you get for downloading.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by MizCricket View Post
    Yes, we do. We get updates and "monthly" goals on Wednesday. The only time we don't get the update at the exact same time as iOS is when we get a new version. We usually don't get a new version on a week when regular "monthly" goals come out, except once that I recall, and people were furious because the regular "monthly" goals didn't appear until you downloaded the new version, and people didn't want to download until they got the gem reward for downloading, but they also didn't want to lose time to do the goals while waiting for the gem reward to download. The gem reward for downloading has no other requirement than downloading the game. That's it, you don't have to do anything else as you mentioned in a previous post.

The new versions also have nothing to do with programming for Android vs. iOS. There has been quite a bit of discussion as to why they do it on Android and not iOS, but it gets shut down pretty quickly by the mods so i won't get into that. IOS used get new versions too, back in the day. I believe the last one was an Olympic themed version.

Yes we did get new versions as well. I remember when that used to happen, mainly to fix bugs. But there was some reason given by one of those Monderators (GM, maybe?) that said the reason androids didn't get goals was because... (Not many people accepted it though), but that was the "official" reason at the time.

The gem reward for downloading has no other requirement than downloading the game. That's it, you don't have to do anything else as you mentioned in a previous post.
    ..but in an attempt to not get this thread shut down I won't admit that TL has ever rewarded players for downloading its games or any versions thereof (Ahem) and so I have always phrased that very carefully to say "set of goals" or a "goal set" or some such thing to indicate that after completing the goal the gem reward is given. I know it's an app store thing more so than a play store problem, but I've just developed a habit of doing it.

Thanks both of you for setting the record straight.
    Last edited by bobbyrae; 05-07-15 at 11:15 AM.

Executive Chef
    The new edition comes on the same day as I mentioned above, the difference is time zone. I get mine in the afternoon, it could be late nighttime or very early morning hours for others, it all depends on THEIR time zone.

The people who say: 'I haven't gotten the pop-up for 'x' edition' are the ones waiting for the in game GEM prompt pop-up goal to download 'x edition' and get the 6 gems.
    Having said that the edition are always there hours after the update release depending on time zone, it's just that the whole issue is 'when is the pop-up for gems' coming. That's why you see people saying Fridays, Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays and such.

Mine come on Fridays after the Wednesday update, however there are times as I mentioned when it's late, THEN it becomes random.

Hope you understand my post.

Fashion Designer
    Yes we did get new versions as well. I remember when that used to happen, mainly to fix bugs. But there was some reason given by one of those Monderators (GM, maybe?) that said the reason androids didn't get goals was because... (Not many people accepted it though), but that was the "official" reason at the time.
    I don't remember Android ever not getting goals when iOS did, but that could have been before my time! I do remember lots of discussions about parity in other games like DS and Fashion (where Android has never been given the makeup counter), but I honestly don't remember that problem in BS or RS. Maybe someone else can shed light on that!

Executive Chef
    @ Misscricket

Yes the Olympics edition was only iOS at the time.

@bobbyrae

The gem prompt issue really is a 'platform' thing, not preference between the 2. I won't go into details, might be rule break.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by MizCricket View Post
    I don't remember Android ever not getting goals when iOS did, but that could have been before my time! I do remember lots of discussions about parity in other games like DS and Fashion (where Android has never been given the makeup counter), but I honestly don't remember that problem in BS or RS. Maybe someone else can shed light on that!
    Yes there was such a time, very very long ago.

DS only got the features this year but not 100%.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast