Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Restaurant Update: April 29th 2015

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by StevesAllNightDiner View Post
    Don't hold your breath! Today is Tuesday and NOTHING! I saw one person say Monday, never on weekends. Another person said Tues. Yet another person is saying always the first Wed of each month. Does anyone really know what they're talking about?! lol
    I play this games since Sept. 2013. So I can tell you that:

* Every tuesday afternoon new articles are announced in the storm8 blog;
    * Every wednesday afternoon those articles are available to buy IF there's no a new version (I'm Android player);
    * New versions appears as a goal on Friday.

I Repeat: this is for Android system.

Fashion Designer
    Yeah usually on friday i get prompted to download new versions. But this one hasnt came yet but im in no rush. It will come when it comes

Executive Chef
    i'm with rainstorms.

and to those who complain about waiting for the update, and how android shouldn't have to wait because iOS doesn't, well iOS also doesn't get gems. so if you want to get the updates when they do, without gems like they do, then go download!

Executive Chef
    Does New stuff not come out this week because a new goal comes out this week? Wasn't sure how that works, thanks.

Executive Chef
    I think the goal update tomorrow should be fine with the Earth Day version but you never know until tomorrow and ps I hope the goals are much better than the rainy day one

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by deekathleen View Post
    Does New stuff not come out this week because a new goal comes out this week? Wasn't sure how that works, thanks.
    No,no,no. New staff will come when the new version appear with a goal. But maybe this week arrives another goal corresponding to May, with new deco, new meals etc. As it happens every month. Understood?

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    i'm with rainstorms.

and to those who complain about waiting for the update, and how android shouldn't have to wait because iOS doesn't, well iOS also doesn't get gems. so if you want to get the updates when they do, without gems like they do, then go download!
    I'm on Android, and been playing since the beginning of January. I have NEVER received an update notice saying I'll get 6 gems for downloading the newest version... In fact, I had no idea there were even weekly updates until I found the forum last month because I've never had any pop-ups to indicate otherwise.

Quite frankly, I don't really care about the gems. What burns my butt is that as an Android user, I don't even get the notices to say I need to download a new version, like the iOS users do. And I think that's most Android users' beef. Not that we don't get the gems, but that TL doesn't send us notices in a timely manner (if at all) like they do for iOS users.

Executive Chef
    With the amount of 'feedback' on the android gem goal prompt, I wouldn't be surprised if TL decides to get rid of it completely & only have 1 non version for all.

Maybe then a furor will be unleashed.
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

While I've always appreciated the gems with download goals (playing for 2+ years now), they are not the reason I play. I play because I enjoy the game and the gems with download goals are a bonus since I can't buy gems. However, over the past several months I've been getting more and more annoyed with the lack of announcement about a new version. If you don't read the forum, you have no idea there is a new version. Same thing happened with the new Android version of Dragon Story that gave us the arena and other items that previously were iOS only. I found out about it about 2 months after it had been released because I had stopped reading the DS forum since it was mostly about tournaments and iOS only dragons.

Would it hurt S8 to show some courtesy to Android players and let us know in game when a new version becomes available? The pop-up code is already in place. It just needs to be worded for the new version. I don't understand why they assume everyone reads the forums. I suspect quite the opposite is true, and those who read the forums are in the minority.

And in case anyone is wondering, yes, I would prefer the gems with download goals to continue. They're not critical for my continued playing of RS - I'm still playing despite the lack of goals for the previous 3 or 4 versions - but I did appreciate and look forward to them. Not to mention, I knew there was a new version available.

Executive Chef
    well, no, it's not the reason i play, but it is a very nice bonus to the gems that i do regularly buy. and i agree with you that most players probably don't read the forums, so i guess my question is, if they aren't alerted by the forum that there's new content, what's the harm to them in not finding out for a couple weeks, or even a month, that there's a new version to download? to the best of my knowledge, if you only went by in-game notifications, there's only one RS version that you wouldn't know about at this point (bagel cafe).

except for the example of holt987, cause i'm not sure what's going on there.