Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why do people with the most counters always want food as gifts?

Nightclub Owner
    In my line of thinking, if you already have so much food why would you add more, bec when you add more food to too much food you can never reclaim the money you wasted to make the dish in the first place.I never once said only parts are an acceptable gift, or that people that only want food are lame, nor have I alluded to that in any way at all, so I hope you don't think that's what I'm trying to do.
    But for people with 100 counters out I was thinking there must be some secret reason that they want more, and I was trying to brainstorm creative reasons one would want 10 tons of food. Decorating with food sounds most plausible to me, I actually think thats kind of a neat idea.
    As I said before, everyone has an opinion and that's all I'm expressing. My views are my own, they do not have to be yours and yours don't have to be mine.
    Your question has been answered. You have not accepted the answer given and you have quite ...frankly ... stated that you will not accept the answer given. You prefer to believe people do it because they want to decorate with food. That isn't the reason most players do it. Some players in bakery story like brownies in real life and so like to send and receive brownies as gifts for that reason. I know this because those players have actually said this is the reason they do it.

One player I knew had a red and white restaurant and asked for only red cupcakes as gifts because she wanted only red food in her restaurant.

The majority of players who request food as gifts have stated that the reason they want food is because food sells and they make money from it. They don't want parts because they can request parts when they need them. They equate food with money. This isn't an opinion of mine or any of the players who have given you this reason. This is what players who do this have actually said. THIS is the reason players with stockpiles of food ask for food as gifts. This is also the reason why people without stockpiles of food ask for food as gifts.

Accept it or not as you wish.
    Last edited by bobbyrae; 05-01-15 at 06:55 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by deekathleen View Post
    I guess at least you make money from food gifts eventually , where as you will never make money off of random parts?
    Great thought. It never occured to me that they are asking for food to keep in reserves but not actually putting the gift dishes out to add to their food pile exactly when they receive it, they could just be saving for a rainy day. Thanks

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zZ_guera_Zz View Post
    Great thought. It never occured to me that they are asking for food to keep in reserves but not actually putting the gift dishes out to add to their food pile exactly when they receive it, they could just be saving for a rainy day. Thanks
    You're welcome :0)

Because bots in rs are hungrier and they consume food so much faster than the lazy one in bs. So your food got sold out much faster over here too. So you need to stockpile more food. That's one of the reason why some players prefer food gift instead even when you see they've tons of counters with food on it. One thing people tend to forget is the no. of quantity of food on each counter.

In my case, I've 8 counters with two to three different food available usually. But one counter of mine is stockpiled with over 1m of stuffed mushroom. I'm always cooking it daily in order to never let it run out. XD
    ★ MiNiDeMoN ★
    ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ Always expect the unexpected to happen in TeamLavaLand.✿◕ ‿ ◕✿
    Proud member of the 0 Star Club!
    ❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡
    > Sorry, no longer accept neighbor currently. All invitation will be declined. < Thank you!

New Resident
    This is an old question, but my answer is still the same. I really like to get my dish numbers to crazy levels, that's just how I play the game. I could care less for other aspects, but my restaurant and bakery both have at least 40 counters. I am crazy, but it is what makes me happy.

As for gifts, I could care less. Send me whatever. It's a gift, right?

I like as few counters as possible so I cook the same recipe on as many ovens as possible. One food on only one counter, not 2 or more. That way there's plenty of room for decor & tables so my place looks like an actual restaurant.

And I prefer parts so I'm always prepared for the next goal. Never turn down parts....lol

Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    I find having a job where your boss sits right next to you so you can't play games on your phone for most of the weekday hours to be helpful with that.

Also, forgetfulness, and the attendant need to throw away dishes you let spoil, is extremely helpful with avoiding stockpiles.
    This is hilarious! =)
    Cheers! Thanks for making me laugh!!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by minidemon88 View Post
    Because bots in rs are hungrier and they consume food so much faster than the lazy one in bs. So your food got sold out much faster over here too. So you need to stockpile more food. That's one of the reason why some players prefer food gift instead even when you see they've tons of counters with food on it. One thing people tend to forget is the no. of quantity of food on each counter.

In my case, I've 8 counters with two to three different food available usually. But one counter of mine is stockpiled with over 1m of stuffed mushroom. I'm always cooking it daily in order to never let it run out. XD
    This is what im doing. I put away all of those speciality counters. Even the ones I havent used yet from last week. So I can cook old food with large quantities. Im putting my 30 ovens to work big time! Over the fall and winter holidays I had about 15 counters full of food. I dont check in for ONE week and its all gone.

Now I decline food gifts because I never have enough parts but I have redone my shop and have 11 counters where ill make the mushrooms, country fried steak, tuna sandwiches, ham, olive and cheese platters and a couple other things. Then ill make some duck and roast chicken.

Ill keep my shop closed for a few weeks and start all over again. I just hope I dont get closer to valentines before I can unblock and enjoy my winter decor.

I wish folks who complained about food here could take it all back, so they could give us bakery numbers again.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234