Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do people with the most counters always want food as gifts?

Nightclub Owner
    The other part to your reply confuses me, though. I don't think how fast a dish cooks would be correlated to them asking for food when they already have it bec they don't need to make more quickly when they already have it.
    As Queentina said, stew and roast chicken earn more coins than any other food. Some players prefer to earn coins as opposed to collecting parts. The reasoning is that they can always request the parts from their neighbours when they need to build something, but they can't request coins.

Rhino Keeper
    Once I reached level 50 or so, I had close to 500k servings of food on my counters, so I politely requested that neighbors send only basic parts. But after the past few goals, with all the related appliances requiring new and special parts to complete, I realized that the strategy of stockpiling parts wasn't nearly as beneficial to me as it had been in the past. Around this same time, RS began introducing many dishes which sell for just 2 coins per serving. I began requesting roasted chicken as a gift, due to its 8-coin-per-plate income. Serving chicken continuously helps offset the reduced income from 2-coin dishes, of which I will serve a maximum of two types at any given time. (If I cook a third type of low-net food, I trash it, as I'd be cooking it for gems only.) This one small act helps keep my daily gross income at around $180k. So...though I have 26 counters out at the moment, and now have close to 900k servings...that's why I request chicken!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    As Queentina said, stew and roast chicken earn more coins than any other food. Some players prefer to earn coins as opposed to collecting parts. The reasoning is that they can always request the parts from their neighbours when they need to build something, but they can't request coins.
    Oh, now I see. They are asking for high per-plate earning items as gifts not realizing that they're wasting more money than they could ever gain from gifted food by stockpiling. I guess it's not as obvious as I thought that it's a colossal waste of money to allow food to build up because when you do you are never earning back the money it cost to cook it in the first place.
    Nah, I don't think that's the reason. I'm going with "lots of recipes look cool". lol

Executive Chef
    I too master to get gems, but I don't have more than 3 counters in RS & 5 in BS. I hate having too many as they spoil the decorations for me.
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

Rhino Keeper
    They are asking for high per-plate earning items as gifts not realizing that they're wasting more money than they could ever gain from gifted food by stockpiling. I guess it's not as obvious as I thought that it's a colossal waste of money to allow food to build up because when you do you are never earning back the money it cost to cook it in the first place.
    I'm not sure what you mean by this. How is it a waste of money to gather up food gifts? It doesn't cost any money to receive gifts.

Rhino Keeper
    @Sally Brown - Read it again. I explained everything in my post.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasha_07 View Post
    I too master to get gems, but I don't have more than 3 counters in RS & 5 in BS. I hate having too many as they spoil the decorations for me.
    Wow, I'm impressed. I have like 20 counters out right now in RS and they're driving me crazy. What's your strategy on how to avoid millions of counters when mastering?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zZ_guera_Zz View Post
    Wow, I'm impressed. I have like 20 counters out right now in RS and they're driving me crazy. What's your strategy on how to avoid millions of counters when mastering?
    1 recipe at a time, from level 0 to 4 until mastered, I don't do different recipes at the same time. I estimate up to 40,000 plates served per day, if I have too much on counters then the next recipe I do, I look for a lower yield recipe to master and as needed whether more or less food I alternate.

I hope I made sense to you!
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zZ_guera_Zz View Post
    I find having a job where your boss sits right next to you so you can't play games on your phone for most of the weekday hours to be helpful with that.

Also, forgetfulness, and the attendant need to throw away dishes you let spoil, is extremely helpful with avoiding stockpiles.
    Last edited by twospoons; 04-29-15 at 09:20 PM.
    I go by varying numbers of utensils in BS, and cafe lula, welcome cafe, and zephyr cafe in RS (just so you know it's me--you can't add me by those).
    I always love to visit well-designed or creative bakeries & restaurants!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasha_07 View Post
    1 recipe at a time, from level 0 to 4 until mastered, I don't do different recipes at the same time. I estimate up to 40,000 plates served per day, if I have too much on counters then the next recipe I do, I look for a lower yield recipe to master and as needed whether more or less food I alternate.

I hope I made sense to you!
    Oh yes, that makes perfect sense. I guess my problem is that I have three different appliances out and I switch back and forth between recipes. I select the dishes by how many hours they take to cook, such as between all the different 4 hour dishes if I know I'm going to be on break or at home in 4 or however many hours. The ones that are closest to 2 or 4 mastery are the ones I choose first, I only start a new one if I absolutely have to. I like your system a lot better than my frazzled non-system lol. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    I find having a job where your boss sits right next to you so you can't play games on your phone for most of the weekday hours to be helpful with that.

Also, forgetfulness, and the attendant need to throw away dishes you let spoil, is extremely helpful with avoiding stockpiles.
    Thank you, but I was referring to not creating stockpiles as a side effect of mastering recipes for gems, not how to avoid stockpilies in general.

If you are having trouble with food spoiling you should do only 6, 8, or 12 hour dishes. Surely you can find time to check your food once in the morning and once at night. 12, 16, or 24 hours is plenty of time to get to your food. Recipes under 4 hours would be impossible for anyone with a normal life to get to in time during the day. If I'm not absolutely sure I'll be home or on break in x amount of hours I won't even attempt a quick-cooking dish because it will inevitably spoil.

Another thing I like to do is plan to get a dish on 75% time instead of 100%. For instance, if I really badly want to cook a 6 hour dish overnight but it's only 6pm, technically I have until 6am to get it, but I wake up at 5:30 and when I'm still groggy and rushing to get ready it's highly unlikely I'll get it in time. So instead of telling myself "okay 6am remember" I use 75% cooking time instead, so for a 6 hr dish thats only up to 9 hours so I'd have to get it at 3am and I'm definitely not up then, so I say forget it and cook a longer cooking dish instead. It's kind of like how Im always 15 minutes late so my poor family and friends have learned to lie to me and tell me were leaving at 7:30 instead of 8 so I'll be on time even if I'm late, if that makes sense lol.
    TLDR version - If youre a bit forgetful and disorganized like I am, dont plan to get a dish off the stove the exact minute it spoils, plan for the actual cooking time or the cooking time plus 25% so you have some wiggle room. Hope that helps

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast