Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: completing goal

New Resident

completing goal

what happens when you can't complete a goal in time that is given? I won't be able to make all 16 soups before the time runs out. any suggestions?

Fashion Designer
    If you cannot complete it in the time given, you may be offered a chance to purchase the prize for a specified amount of gems. I don't know how much time you have left-- are you able to build a couple more ovens?

Executive Chef
    but if you can't complete and don't have (or want to spend) the gems to finish, it just means you don't get the reward--the decor will remain locked, and whichever recipes/ovens you haven't unlocked yet you won't be able to make in the future.

i wouldn't be worried about it too much as a new player, unless you absolutely loved this set of goals/decor, then that kind of sucks. but there will be more goals every month! i'd just try to get through as much as you can, work on your coin stash, and make sure you have good neighbors who answer requests so that next month you can get through them a little faster. it gets easier.

Quote Originally Posted by jandtandn View Post
    If you cannot complete it in the time given, you may be offered a chance to purchase the prize for a specified amount of gems. I don't know how much time you have left-- are you able to build a couple more ovens?
    you know, i've never seen this on a goal i didn't actually finish (just as the random super-annoying endless popups that android glitches with sometimes). does anyone know what exactly pops up? is it the final prize in a set, or just whichever step you're on? and if it's the final prize, does the price vary depending on how far you got, or is it a flat number of gems whether you almost finished or didn't even bother to start?
    Last edited by twospoons; 04-22-15 at 03:53 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jandtandn View Post
    I've only seen this w RS 2. I've been playing since the summer of 2012 and the only time this has happened it's been w the newer rs2.

Fashion Designer
    I have seen this show up for me multiple times in different accounts when I began a goal and did not finish it in both RS and BS.

Farm Supplier
    It has happened for me in RS and BS as well, but I don't remember what the gem cost was in comparison to how much of the goal I had completed.

Rhino Keeper
    Build another goal stove or two. I only built 2 goal stoves like I always do but I really liked the final prize so I bought another one so I could finish in time.
    Nothing happens if you don't finish the goals. I hardly ever finish them because the final prize is usually something lame in my opinion (sorry). I always do the goals just enough to unlock all the recipes on both goal appliances, then I quit and save the goal appliances for later.

Rhino Keeper
    The first goals I attempted were for the September 2014 pizza counter and related items. I didn't understand that the time was for a set of multiple goals and not a single one so I didn't finish baking the cheese pizzas. I think the specific goal was Just say Cheese. Although I'm on a Kindle and frequently get those annoying pop ups to pay gems to complete past goals, I never have gotten it for the actual ones I didn't finish, just all those I actually completed. I used to read them all hoping for one I needed, but now I just force close my game. I would probably pay gems to finish the pizza goals, but it would be very expensive. Each individual goal step within the bigger goals pop up and are for varying amount of gems, like 24 to 70 gems each. The goals that require visiting other restaurants and tipping are very expensive to complete by paying gems. I'm not sure if the cost is the same as what you'd pay in gems to skip steps when the goals are actually still current. I don't think one could pay gems for final step of the goals and get all the prizes, otherwise they wouldn't have pop ups requiring gems to complete each little step.
    Last edited by PrairieGrass; 04-23-15 at 03:12 PM.

Fashion Designer
    I have been on the final step of goals and not had enough time and that is when the pop ups would ask me if I wanted to purchase the prize for gems. This was for the 2014 goals in bakery and restaurant.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by zZ_guera_Zz View Post
    Build another goal stove or two. I only built 2 goal stoves like I always do but I really liked the final prize so I bought another one so I could finish in time.
    Nothing happens if you don't finish the goals. I hardly ever finish them because the final prize is usually something lame in my opinion (sorry). I always do the goals just enough to unlock all the recipes on both goal appliances, then I quit and save the goal appliances for later.
    I agree that the final prize is usually lame. I unlock all the recipes and then stop. Glad to know it isn't just me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast