Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for new layout

Executive Chef
    Thanks for the explanation.

Farm Supplier
    I consolidate all my food except Red Velvet Cake, Cappachino and one other drink which is high dollar. Since I have mastered these I only do it a few times a month when I want to build up $. Personally I limit my counters to 15 or less (unless I have the high $ recipes) because I find it has made the game more fun and I am a level 99 for a couple of years. I am still mastering recipes and to me it looks more like a real place of business. Personally I consider anything under 8 coins to be average. Feel free to check out my bakery. I am not really adding new neighbors but will add you if you want to see. I am talensnana and I have Nanas bakery.

omg, ms. Prairie, u r incredible! )))

in other words, all the counters are being sold out evenly.

let's say, 100 plates per day from each.

so, it is easier / faster to clear 500plates' counter than 30'000plates' one.

i'm not using this myself, since funds r not in top priority for me currenly.
    my priority is hellion counters obstructing my shop.
    adding even 5 is ****ing me, lol nothing to talk about 10-20 more.

the only thing i have no idea about, is for how much counters the "even sales" work?

i mean, if i put as much counters as my space allows (let's say, 350-400), will they go evenly too?
    will they go slower in this case?
    is there a limit of max quantity of plates sales per day?
    does anyone have an idea?

Rhino Keeper
    Changing all of those things would make it a different game entirely so I highly doubt they would ever consider doing it. Especially the counter thing. Boy, would everyone be mad. lol

Quote Originally Posted by zZ_guera_Zz View Post
    Boy, would everyone be mad. lol
    uhu, deadly mad, bet they would! lol ))))

Even more than with this latest "Puebla Crisis". So much tears-n-blood put into forums for "unlocking" - and finally the guys gave up!

I wanna believe it now sd stop. Now. After guys shown that the code isn't so easy to just change, at one stroke of magic wand.

Wht was initially meant to be gotten via goals steps - sd stay as it is.
    Otherwise it can cause such a mess!!! I'm just waiting for Monday to see how can it be fixed. Right now it seems for me, that only via deleting this "re-release", like the latest expansion.

I have nothing against newer player had older stuff (i'm +/-new myself, have nothing untill mid 2013, and really wish to have all those things).
    I just don't like mess.
    I like when smth sd be done - it has to be prepared 200%, rechecked 300%, and done 100%.
    If smth cannot be done - it sd be once and clearly announced, and then any tears-n-blood in official pages (including forums) sd be prevented, closed and deleted as having no grounds and prospects.

One thing is to put out something removed (hatcheries, santa's, etc...). The other thing is to re-code locked "precious" to make it show up and work properly without making respectively programmed steps.
    One thing is to add some dishes to existing oven, and the other thing is to make cyber-eaters to sit-n-eat 4 per table.

Oh well... who cares? People just want unicorn, IDDQD, all-and-now!
    So why not let them have it if they don't wanna hear about side effects?

Quote Originally Posted by deekathleen View Post
    Why does consolidating the same food onto one counter lead to lower sales?
    Quote Originally Posted by whoviankat View Post
    I'm curious about this too. Sometimes I cook up some brownies or coffee or something else quick just so I can get the multiple counters of the same item consolidated into one. Is that a bad idea?
    fyi, in addition to above said.
    i was checking during last 3 days.

each counter sells 475 plates per day.

so, for example, u have no food at all. and u do on 10 ovens some recipe for 475 plates.

- if u put all 4'750 plates to one counter - next day u come, and u still have counter with 4'275 plates.

- if u put it on 10 counters - u come next day, and they r empty.

thus (for example, yr recipe gives standard $4 per plate income),

- one counter will give u $1'900 income per day

- 10 counters will give $19'000.
    Last edited by VanaCatu; 04-22-15 at 04:07 AM.

That might be true if you serve multiple dishes. All I serve is RVC. and it's on one counter. Also, in order to sustain a 24/7 operation you need a LOT of ovens producing a 22 hour product.

i had 80 counters. to check the sales, i've added 3 more, and served them with the food i've already had among those 80.

the same food disappeared with same results as different dishes: still 475 plates per day (+/-10 plates).

again, i have no idea for how much counters those 475 work.

wd be interesting to check max qtty, but don't think i'm ready to pull down the whole bakery and to populate it with counters, lol )))

wd be also interesting to check MIN qtty (under which the counters sell faster than 475 pd) - but i'm afraid it won't be possible for me at least one more year ))))
    Last edited by VanaCatu; 04-27-15 at 10:42 AM.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar913 View Post
    That might be true if you serve multiple dishes. All I serve is RVC. and it's on one counter. Also, in order to sustain a 24/7 operation you need a LOT of ovens producing a 22 hour product.
    Since food sells evenly off all counters, having one counter accomplishes the same thing as having eighteen (or even one hundred) counters of the same food.

Red velvet is not a high yield food so you will have to keep cooking it to be able to supply your customers' needs. As I have molten lava cake unlocked I prefer to make that instead of RVC. It is high yield and high profit.

Some players don't cook rvc and claim to earn a higher profit this way:

Quote Originally Posted by AnnasCoffee View Post
    The highest profit with 18 ovens is Hot Apple Cider (16 hour) then Ginger Bread Cookies (6 hour) then Jasmine Tea (1 hour).

The second highest profit is Earl Grey Tea (22 hour) then Jasmine Tea (1 hour). This is a little short of the 43,000 servings a day, that's why I prefer cappuccino as a gift.

I prefer the Tea recipes because its less cooking and you don't need to switch appliances.
    Other players claim that RVC isn't as profitable as some think, because making it eats into your daily cash flow.

Check out this thread for different strategies : https://forum.storm8.com/showthread.p...rofit+strategy

As it relates to the suggestion of the OP, I wouldn't mind having one table seat 2 people. It looks better and saves space especially in smaller bakeries. I understand that it would need a totally different game concept and design and whatever, but I still would love to have it happen.

Rhino Keeper
    I think it's perfect the way it is. I stack all my food so I don't have a bakery full of nothing but food. When I need to make money fast I usually do red velvet cookies but don't stack those. The game tries to even out how food is bought. If I have 10 counters of red velvet cookies they usually have the same amount left on each counter as they sell.

The only change to the counter I'd like to see is being able to move food to a different counter. I redecorate often but will only put my food on the mocha counter because of matching different themes. They make us buy counters as goals so we should be able to move our food
    Last edited by KimWill; 04-28-15 at 08:50 AM. Reason: added comment

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast