Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trapping Walking Characters

Rhino Keeper

Trapping Walking Characters

What are the rules that guide the walking characters? I know I have seen some king/queendoms that have trapped them. Is it certain categories of things that they prefer not to walk through or does every other space have to be full except their holding pen?

Rhino Keeper
    They prefer to walk on paths. So even though they can walk through walls, if the only area in your kingdom that has paths is surrounded by walls, they'll usually walk there anyway (looking like they're trapped). The new wrought-iron fences give it an extra "prison yard" effect in the kingdoms I've seen that have done it.

Rhino Keeper
    I have recently removed all my pathways (getting ready for a redecorate after this event is over) so I went back and filled my pen with the new filagree paths. Sabina gravitated to them like chocolate but after she toured the pen she casually melted out the other side. So now, I left 1 filagree in the middle and surrounded it with stone paths. I haven't had any takers again yet. I think I have removed all other pathways but I will check again in case one from the holiday events is hiding behind a building.

Rhino Keeper
    That didn't work at all. They just walk through the 'trap' like it's not even there. Any other ideas?

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    You cannot trap any of our avatars ... They are free spirits!

The thing with roads is that the other characters will be at a path when you visit a neighbour or open your game, but even then they will walk away and walk through anything. If you don't have a path, it still doesn't mean you can trap them somewhere... Sorry!

Banned
    Why would anyone want to trap them. I want the option to store them.

Rhino Keeper
    I have the enclosure pen with pathways on the floor and if you fill up the available space around the pen (looks like some kind of absurd yard sale) they hang out there longer but still slip away.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by burritosprings View Post
    Why would anyone want to trap them. I want the option to store them.
    I got bored with the flower event and this is what I came up with for a 'challenge' of sorts.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by 8hat View Post
    I got bored with the flower event and this is what I came up with for a 'challenge' of sorts.
    I think it's funny, and gives you something to do. I'd just be careful as burritosprings might come over and drop a bomb on the enclosure just to get rid of the walking characters. *hehehe*
    Current games on queentina3 ID: Castle, Fairytale, Farm 2, RS 1, Diamond Quest. Games under this ID are named AppleBlossom.

Current game on 2tina ID: Castle only and goes by the name AppleBlossom2. I know, it isn't very original. Shut up!

I tip and run - don't ask me to write on your wall, as I won't. I don't expect you to write on mine. If you tip, great, if you don't, also great. Just answer my requests and I'll be happy.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    I think it's funny, and gives you something to do. I'd just be careful as burritosprings might come over and drop a bomb on the enclosure just to get rid of the walking characters. *hehehe*
    Haha Well if this bomb could get rid of Thurston I'd welcome Burritosprings with open arms.
    Gosh I cannot stand The idiot! ( Yes Thurston) lol Walking around while I fight the beasts!
    What was Sabina thinking wanting to marry him? !
    Good thing the wedding was cancelled in my queendom after the w-alinapping :P
    Last edited by Liloze; 03-27-15 at 08:40 AM.
    💎💎Gem confirmation button please!💎💎

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast