Thread: Leveling/Evolving Strategy?

Leveling/Evolving Strategy?

I was just curious as to what you guys think the best strategy for evolving/leveling up is.
    I finally started leveling some of mine up to epic, but I only have a few. I've focused more on getting my lower level dragons up to higher levels.

What do you guys think the best strategy is? Should I work on getting as many of my level 7 dragons up to epic, or should I focus on getting all of them up to level 7, as that is a lot quicker?

(I've been wondering the same for Fantasy Forest Story, though I'm sure it works the same for both games)

Banned
    Back in the day I leveled those ones that gave more money 1st. Then those that were good in the arena. I found that at lvl 7, 8, or 9 the income and battling were pretty good. Maybe not as good as Epic but pretty good. Eventually I will go to lvl 9 or 10 for battle purposes but it depends on the amount of food I have.

Executive Chef
    I get all my dragons to level 7 WHILST feeding a good fighter. So each day or 2, I would get at least 3 dragons up to level 6 and a champ up to level 9 all ready to evolve. Not really strategic I guess, but it's good for when you have food just lying around.

Fashion Designer
    If there's enough food I'll level the dragon that earns most money to epic (currently that's Scarab). If there's not enough I'll level the dragons I intend to keep to level 4 and when I'm done with that it's time to level and trade breeding fails

Fashion Designer
    I went with making solid battling dragons Epic first and foremost. I got all the rest to level 3, and then worked in shifts. A few to Epic, some to level 7, then the others to level 4. It seems to work pretty well, and the long time between when I craft the mined dragon and when the next one comes in lets me spread the love to getting dragons Epic.

Executive Chef
    Like others here, I level up the dragons that earn more, are good in battles, or the ones I want to see epic.

In FFS, I think the strategy is slightly different. There is a great thread in that forum. I am trying to find it now. It is labeled something like strategies for the game when you don't have a crystal unicorn.

Here it is: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....ing-no-unicorn
    Last edited by MaribouMay; 03-24-15 at 10:11 AM. Reason: add content

Rhino Keeper
    I level all dragons to level 6. It's hard at first. But once you get around 60 to 70 dragons, you will never have a problem collecting enough coins to grow food and build habitats.

If you want to use dragons for arena battles, it's best to level them to epic. Best strategy would be to have all your Diamonds epic, 5-6 epic Champs, and as many epic Super Rare dragons as possible. I try to get 2 super rares for each color combination. Some color combinations are relatively easy to breed and level SR epics, such as blue/purple, green/yellow or red/yellow, because those combinations have at 2 or 3 SR possibilities. Others are hard, such as any combination with pink or black. And if your lucky enough to have a Passion, Soccer or Pyramid, level those to epic as, along with Diamond or Infinity, they are the best to use against Champions in the arena.

Thank you all for your advice, sorry for not replying individually really, it would just get redundant! But I'll consider all of this it really helps

Quote Originally Posted by MaribouMay View Post
    Like others here, I level up the dragons that earn more, are good in battles, or the ones I want to see epic.

In FFS, I think the strategy is slightly different. There is a great thread in that forum. I am trying to find it now. It is labeled something like strategies for the game when you don't have a crystal unicorn.

Here it is: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....ing-no-unicorn
    Thank you so much for that link!! I actually like Fantasy Forest more. Maybe it's just the cute artstyle, and the fact that it's a newer game, so the tasks don't seem as daunting, but I LOVE strategy and organizing, so this threat is perfect <3

Rhino Keeper
    Right now.. i level the dragons i need to trade to lvl4 and get rid of them... then start with the dragons I like to see in epic. Need to free some habitats. If I theres a 3 of same dragon and i like it a lot. I make a family of it. Lvl 3, Lvl 7 and epic.

Though sometime it defers. I have a number in storage. Need to empty space first. too much of the same. I try to trade them instead of selling.