Thread: game now crashes constantly - won't open

game now crashes constantly - won't open

My ID: flechesbleues
    Device: iPod Touch (not sure what generation - how do I find that out?)

For a couple of days now, I have been unable to play the game at all. This also happened last weekend for a few days, but I was able to resolve that once I remembered to try deleting and reinstalling the app. This time, even doing that only works to let me into the game for a few seconds before crashing again (I've tried numerous times). I've also tried various combinations of turning off the wifi, powering down the device and deleting the app, but nothing seems to work.

Do you have any idea why this has started happening and/or any suggestions for how I can get back into the game to continue playing?

Of course it's particularly frustrating that this is happening during the current major event, as I am now way behind in collecting my tulips, etc.

I have to say, the game has been quite fragile for a while now - I had found that I had to power off and on the device quite frequently before it would open properly, but usually once I was in it would work ok. I also found that for some reason it often wouldn't open while the device was plugged in (to the computer) and charging, which although frustrating, I was able to work around.

Other games (e.g. bakery story, fashion story and fairytale wonderland) still work fine.

Executive Chef
    hi:
    just searched on the computer for History of IOS
    maybe check that out.
    from your info it seems that your last IOS update was 5.1.1. and that shows as 3rd generation
    the same as IPad 1st generation - no longer able to update

if that is correct, may I suggest you phone your local Apple Store or Big Box Store and ask a electronics wizard for advice.
    That is what I did when my Ipad 1st gen. started crashing.
    i was told to close every app. so that none were running in the background, because Castle story used so much.
    sorry cannot offer more help.
    dabag

As Dabag mentioned, it looks like you're on an older device. Castle Story requires a lot of resources from your device to play the game. Closing apps running in the background of your device will help run the game more smoothly. Also, storing a few items in your Kingdom may help as well.
    Storm8 Staff - PikaSquirrel
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

I appreciate that my iPod is getting old in tech terms, but still, it's frustrating that the game mostly worked pretty well until this week (and other games continue to work fine). I've been playing for more than a year, so it's annoying to suddenly be locked out when nothing has changed on my end.

How do I close apps running in the background? Is that different than powering down and restarting the device (which I have been doing regularly but no longer seems to help)?

I just managed to get back into the game for a couple of minutes (by deleting and reinstalling the app, powering down the device and turning the wifi off and on again) and was trying to store a few duplicate buildings, for starters, but the game crashed again before I was able to finish :/

Force close: closing apps still running in the back ground.
    Double tap the Home button. You should see all the open apps at the bottom of your screen. Since you're on an older device & it's been awhile for me, I think you have to tap & hold an app until they all jiggle & a red x appears then tap the red x to close it & then all the others.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Thanks, I've done that now and the game is very slightly more stable. As in, I have been able to play through my energy a couple of times (and have stored a couple of buildings) before the game crashed. It's still very fragile though - I can feel myself holding my breath as I scroll around my kingdom, hoping to accomplish the most pressing tasks before I'm kicked out!

Rhino Keeper
    I'm having this issue with my android phone. The phone is only a few month's old. I've cleared all the background apps. Could this be a my phone issue or an app issue?
    Castle story addict #197562. Currently not adding more neighbors, until I clear out some inactive neighbors.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by dng1234 View Post
    I'm having this issue with my android phone. The phone is only a few month's old. I've cleared all the background apps. Could this be a my phone issue or an app issue?
    I am having the same problem. I have an iPad and it keeps crashing and saying it is an online game and has lost connection. Yet I can click on my browser and get on the Internet. So that isn't the problem . I am also having problems with the original farm story doing the same thing. It also happens with farm story on my kindle. I asked my neighbors on farm story if they were having problems and they said yes. So sounds like an app issue that is not being fixed. The app servers are not working properly.

Sorry to hear about the game crashing! If you're experiencing this issue, please first try force closing your apps running in the background of your device. Then when you first open the game, let everything load first before you start playing, this should help the game run more smoothly.
    Storm8 Staff - PikaSquirrel
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    Sorry to hear about the game crashing! If you're experiencing this issue, please first try force closing your apps running in the background of your device. Then when you first open the game, let everything load first before you start playing, this should help the game run more smoothly.
    Thankyou for responding but before I posted I had already done all the trouble shooting.shut all apps. Force closed, reinstalled, turned ipad off then on. Checked Internet connection. The game still crashes. I never use to have this problem. Seems worse since your last update. I play farm story also . It happens on this game on both my iPad and kindle. I asked my farm story neighbors if they were experiencing this problem and they said they were having the same issue I was having.