Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tricks to playing this game I wish they had told me in the beginning...

Executive Chef
    I've visited all my 460 neighbours last night, and deleted those who don't seem active anymore. I still have a suprisingly high nummer of 260 neighbours left. I'm sorry, I couldn't bring myself to posting politie messages on 200 walls, mostly of people who won't ever read them.

I posted a msg on my own wall, starting that if I wrongfully deleted you, you can always reinvite me.

The clogging-info is just an urban legend that doesn't seem to be forgotten. The systeem isn't clogged when you send out requests to 260 neighbours. It's just that only the 20 first responders get to see your request that day. The next day, also 20 first responders get to see your request, etc. Etc.

Executive Chef
    Don't use the golden trade until your maxed on golden eggs, apples and nuggets.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleScorpion76 View Post
    Don't use the golden trade until your maxed on golden eggs, apples and nuggets.
    Just my opinion, but I don't let any go to waste. I do the trade when i have 90 of one item(in my case nuggets) and at least 20 of the others(the apples are the rarest) I tap my apple trees a lot, so I do this or the pie/lemon aide trade almost every night. It's like the daily market goal in FTW.....one can amass quite a few gems if done regularly.
    On adverage I get about 1-2 apples, 2-3nuggets, and 2-3 eggs per week.
    And the pie/lemonade trade is easy and quick to make....I try to keep ~20 of each on hand to do the trade anytime I'm low or saving up for another goal.
    Mary of The Reliquary, collector ov ancient electronic relics.
    ⚔ TEOTU Thuakie Coyote, Sword #24 ⚔

🌞🌹🌻from "that" part of CA Bay Area full of year round sunshine, surf, ancient redwoods and strawberries🌻🌹🌞

Fashion Designer
    What to do with your first gems?
    I would spend my first 20 gems on a pink pig immediately when starting, you can only go on your first adventure when you have bacon, and the piggies take their sweet time growing up. I just remember that it took forever to get the resources and especially bacon together for the simple feasts. Also 27000 for the castle, 12000 for a black pig plus what the staples cost is a lot of money for beginners.
    Alternatively I suppose you can start saving up for the 90 gem Apple tree, to get a golden apple for sir Pigglesworth, if you don't want to wait until you unlock the 1800rp Magic garden or until the tree drops from the dark cave adventure (it'll also drop from desert sands and feral lands, but those adventures come even later in the game). Golden Apple will also drop from the fruit trade (the one where you exchange items in order to get fruit) and from Belladonna.
    $$$ GEM/GOLD CONFIRMATION BUTTON, PLEASE $$$

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by reliquary View Post
    Another great tip is keeping a handwritten note of all your gifts from neighbors so you can return them in order.
    I have many notes and lists, many more when at a lower level, but I can easily tell who is active and who needs what item.

My advice is to keep anywhere between 150-250 neighbors. It seems the most manageable. and when the list of gifts reaches the end you can go thru and start gifting in alphabetical order.

The gifting/return gift feature is ridiculous and has always been broken. If you go by that you end up re gifting the same player over and over.
    I got fed up with keeping gift lists, used to stress me out. Now, I only accept 3 gifts a day, immediately returning them, one at a time, until I've done 3, so when the list comes up, if someone doesn't have accept next to it, I've already sent them a gift back. Of course, this can mean you can miss gifts, if you get lots and they drop off before you can accept them, but I just find it easier. I've been playing since Oct 12, so don't really need anything. I bought a small pack of gems that Xmas for the fruit trees, which was just as well as I never got any from adventures for probably at least a year. Other than that I haven't spent any real money. I know that means I'm not supporting the game, but my husband would be very upset if I spent any more real money. So I am missing quite a bit of gem stuff, but it doesn't really matter. I'm just grateful to those that do.

New Resident
    Thank you all for the good tips. Just now I knew that only 20 get your request !!

Farm Supplier

New addition to that

Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    #1 bis: Go in the social menu and wait 5 seconds. This has the same effect without quitting the game.
    Now if you click on the flower menu prize list it cancels out animations too. So that's even easier then quitting or waiting at the social menu.

One thing I wished I had known early in the game: don't u ever "give" any materials for a time-limited quest unless u have the complete required numbers ready. Once these materials are "given", or loaded, they are out of ur hands. Should u not fulfill the quest within the time limits they are truly lost (they don't reappear in ur storage and u don't get any rewards). Ur welcome.
    Happy about new neighbors, just say you?re from the forum. I recently went from 275 down to 77. I get that ppl give up on CS.

CharmOfLea is an ancient gamer?s account, holla if you stormed me on GOW.

If you click on something you did not mean to click, immediately hit the edit button. This will cancel everything you clicked on before the animation takes place. This is very helpful whe there are a lot if items close together and you accidentally hit the wrong one

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosters28 View Post
    If you click on something you did not mean to click, immediately hit the edit button. This will cancel everything you clicked on before the animation takes place. This is very helpful whe there are a lot if items close together and you accidentally hit the wrong one
    That's another great hint. I just wish gems had a cancel button but team lava doesn't care because gem traps make them money.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast