Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Celebrity Endorsements

Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by AuntyRose32 View Post
    If Kim Kardashian or Katy Perry endorsed any game I play, I'd uninstall it and never look back.
    FS is a fantasy game where you can escape the real world for a little while, in between reading a good book and the thought of having some reality tv celebrity who is famous for nothing other than carrying on like a fool on tv or some talentless, two bit singer turn up in this little fantasy game would be more than I could handle.
    These people bring new meaning to the word idiot everytime as far as I'm concerned, and celebrating stupidity is not something I know how to do. So in my eyes doing this would **** a game for me and I hope TL have better sense than to go down that road.
    I see nothing remotely stylish or fashionable about either of these people and many others who move in their circle, having the money to buy endless amounts of Gucci or Prada etc does not make you fashionable.
    However, this is just my opinion, to each their own.

Fashion Designer
    I also agree I don't have anything against katy perry, I like some of her songs
    Kim K on the other hand... Oh no I dislike her talentless self. I would not want to be friends with her on the game and I might end up quitting, I don't buy or watch anything with her in it. I don't want to help her get more rich. So please storm don't let her endorse this game. I really don't want to have to quit because of her. Its such a fun game.

Fashion Designer
    United States, Canada, Mexico, Panama, Haiti, Jamaica, Peru, Republic Dominican, Cuba, Carribbean,
    ...Who are those people again? I don't watch "reality" TV, so if it has anything to do with that, then I wouldn't know. And what would "celebrity" endorsements actually do for the game? It's fine the way it is; granted, more content would be nice, but not celebrity content, thanks.

New Resident
    I agree, and kimk dresses like she found some of her clothes in a dumpster. Shes horrid

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    What do you think about this. KimK started it and I hear KatyP is jumping on that bandwagon. Would a celebrity endorsed FS appeal to anyone? Who would you want to meet in game?

Just thought I'd put the idea out there and see what others are thinking. I'm not a fan, but it sounds like there's been some success for that type of game "feature".
    The ever after top and skirt resembles a dress Kk wore to her Paris bachelorette party.

Executive Chef
    If they gave you free gems every time they came in I wouldn't have a problem with it. ;0)

Executive Chef
    All that insulting made me really uncomfortable. While I am on the same page as most of you, yes I wouldn't want a celebrity endorsed FS, but speaking as a humanist, was all that sl*t-shaming really necessary? Sure Kim K isn't like, the best role model and sure she's practically famous for being famous (equivalent to being famous for nothing) but it doesn't entitle anyone the right to say such things about her. She's a human too. And Katy P, mind you, has lovely songs and is semi-talented. Nowhere near as talented as others but her hard work is worth her success. I'm not solely defending the both of them because I like them (though Kim, I don't really pay attention to) (like at all) but because this is such a terrible thing for anyone to do.

Back onto the topic, I don't think I'd really care or mind at all who endorses this game or I there are endorsements. Just as long as it doesn't completely take over the game, I'm down. Also, I quite like the styles of some celebrities. Whether it's a glammed-up red carpet ensemble, a wild and daring stage costume or a high-fashion casual outfit, and if we, the players, have a say in what exact outfit of a celebrity's we want, then I'm totally fine with that. But don't take just my word for it, FS has thousands of players around the world and most don't even know the forums exist. So don't just take the word if the online users, it's not just their game, it's a game a lot of people play. Take a risk, there are probably a lot of off forum users who will enjoy celebrity inspired/endorsed content.

EDIT: This thread brought me back to an idea I had and had opened a thread about a couple years back. Because of this thread, I thought I'd bring some light back into it since both JustKay's idea and mine are so closely related.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....Celebrity+Line
    Last edited by Ic3e; 05-23-15 at 11:39 PM.

Who knows.... maybe youve already neighbored celebrities without knowing it......
    If you play with a cat, you should mind his scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenKevin View Post
    Who knows.... maybe youve already neighbored celebrities without knowing it......
    Lol, very likely. Not much else to do on those tour buses and long international flights. I saw in Nina Nesbitt's Apple Tree video she and Ed were competing for top score on a well-known infinite run game. I heard of one hottie that plays WoW, although I'm not sure if it was just a bit of fan-service. They'd be all secret about it though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12