Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: All our brands in one place: introducing Storm8 Studios!

Executive Chef
    They've had to make changes to the forum because their business/games had outgrown it.

They have relaunched their name, Storm8, with a new logo. I think it slick and more sophisticated. The forum colour just matches the colour of the logo.

I think they have done well to make all these changes and keep the forum online at the same time and not have more problems. I am sure they will be able to sort out the readability issues people are having in due course.
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Rhino Keeper
    I'm happy my bookmarks still points to the sub-forums I'm interested in, because I find the new colours cold and uninviting, the main forum menus hard to navigate with the new categories and no game icons, and the size of the forum and font is way to small on the laptop, with a lot of empty space on each side of the board. In fact had to hit ctrl+plus a couple of times to make the forum readable.The size is fine on my iPad tho and I do se the forum colours are the same as the new logo/icon, but it looks freezing cold to me too.

Quote Originally Posted by plby View Post
    I'm happy my bookmarks still points to the sub-forums I'm interested in, because I find the new colours cold and uninviting, the main forum menus hard to navigate with the new categories and no game icons, and the size of the forum and font is way to small on the laptop, with a lot of empty space on each side of the board. In fact had to hit ctrl+plus a couple of times to make the forum readable.The size is fine on my iPad tho and I do se the forum colours are the same as the new logo/icon, but it looks freezing cold to me too.
    First time trying to edit a post the window shrunk to less than 1/2 the screen on my iPad. 2nd edit of the same post is better but every new post I make and need to edit goes to the 1/2 screen. I also feel the colors are cold & why aren't the game icons showing up line before? All that was required was changing TL to Storm8 but everything else!!!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ciarjen View Post
    For the first time ever, I have had to put on a pair of glasses to read the forum and I don't normally have to use glasses when using my laptop.

I am sure the sizing issue is just temporary glitch from the changeover and the forum will get stretched back to where it should be very soon.
    I also can't read the forum due to the size and the colour is not inviting. Why this yucky grey?

Not digging having the grayish blues on the forum AT ALL. Are we into the colors of a depressing rainbow now?
    Happy about new neighbors, just say you?re from the forum. I recently went from 275 down to 77. I get that ppl give up on CS.

CharmOfLea is an ancient gamer?s account, holla if you stormed me on GOW.

Do you work with team lava or storm* if so I would like to make a suggestion?

well, i am not working with them, but i agree ciarjen.

people developed. they've done hard job. how can we expect for reasonable feedback if all they can see is hellion pages of crying for colors?

who cares about colors at all? forums are not card-site. its main task - informativity and workability. not colors, unicorns and flowers.

untill we don't need to print white letters on black pages - anything goes for forums!

nothing to talk about the fact that nobody even caught that since everything is STORM now - IT IS the STORM!

to see red or blue storm - take a red or blue pill, neo!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

so guys! let's stop crying and focus on really important issues. they have to find what's wrong to fix it. hard to find it among our emotions.

- we need font sizes to be fixed (i don't have it, but if you do, describe your problem, device, system and browser properly)

- we need screenning to be fixed

- we need bb code to be fixed (tables especially)

- wd be nice to put game icons back to forums' listing

- what more do we need? (please add real problems excluding colors and unicorns)
    Last edited by VanaCatu; 03-05-15 at 03:01 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Congratulations and happy celebrations!! Im thrilled to be a part of the 1billion : ) iv been enjoying your wonderful games for years! Heres to another billion!! Loving the new look and logo btw.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by VanaCatu View Post

people developed. they've done hard job. how can we expect for reasonable feedback if all they can see is hellion pages of crying for colors?

who cares about colors at all? forums are not card-site. its main task - informativity and workability. not colors, unicorns and flowers.

untill we don't need to print white letters on black pages - anything goes for forums!

nothing to talk about the fact that nobody even caught that since everything is STORM now - IT IS the STORM!

so guys! let's stop crying and focus on really important issues. they have to find what's wrong to fix it. hard to find it among our emotions.

- we need font sizes to be fixed (i don't have it, but if you do, describe your problem, device, system and browser properly)

- what more do we need? (please add real problems excluding colors and unicorns)

Well, I don't have a problem with the new color scheme nor the font size. But I don't think you can exclude the palette as a significant feature of the forum layout. If some people have an issue with it, it is as real as your issues with the font size.

Seems to me you underestimate the value of colours - and emotions for that matter. Emotions and values may just be the very basis for what you call facts...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by VanaCatu View Post

first impression is always important, the first impression anyone gets of the forum is the colour scheme - so it's important. The BB code issue isn't something most users will ever notice, we can change font colour and size just fine using the editor - besides one of the complaints I'm seeing about tables is the grey background, and that's a colour issue as well.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast