Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Fashion Story Update - 2-24-2015

Rhino Keeper
    Not a huge fan of this update personally. I do like the display, and love what iv seen others do with it, just cant see it fitting in my place, not my taste. Beautifully drawn tho. Mannequins cute, like her face hair and hat, i dont buy many mannequins tho! Even tho they belong in a boutique! Upset no ltos or box items, hoping to see some next week and the outfit isnt even worth me mentioning! Think every1 else said it all!!

TL added a LTO: Viral Couture for 10 gems. Anyone getting it?

Ty for adding a LTO i already have a lot of mannequins so a couple of days before i make up my mind but hard to resist 10 gems for aLTO lol
    If you play with a cat, you should mind his scratch.

I actually really like the new LTO! That whole "is this a white and gold or black and blue dress" is getting a bit annoying now because it's everywhere but it's pretty cool that TL made a mannequin wearing that dress! and it's even cooler that the color of the dress changes when you rotate the mannequin I like it!
    Last edited by Lina_101; 02-28-15 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by orleansparish View Post
    And I know folks hate this, but we need more boys! Stop dropping them here and there on displays. Let a dude shine on her own. Make a his and hers outfit! Like an evening gown for the Mrs. And a nice stylish suit for her Mr. Now that would be amazing!
    i totally second that

Quote Originally Posted by Lina_101 View Post
    I actually really like the new LTO! That whole "is this a white and gold or black and blue dress" is getting a bit annoying now because it's everywhere but it's pretty cool that TL made a mannequin wearing that dress! and it's even cooler that the color of the dress changes when you rotate the mannequin I like it!
    wow really? cant really figure out how colors are changing i do have to buy that LTO to understand that lol

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenKevin View Post
    Ty for adding a LTO i already have a lot of mannequins so a couple of days before i make up my mind but hard to resist 10 gems for aLTO lol
    Me too, used my last 10 gems to get her.

Agree with a previous poster about the not having the base for the mannequins.
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

Fashion Designer
    The new new LTO mannequin is really nice, but is there a reason why she is an Amazon? She really is quite large. It would be better to keep the scale of the mannequins the same so some of them don't look "off" when they're placed near others.

Rhino Keeper
    I would like to formally request that TeamLava reduce the scale of the Viral Couture mannequin LTO so she looks human size. She is a massive giantess and looks very awkward next to any other figure in the game. This totally puts me off from buying her. It's a shame since the design of the mannequin is nice.

Executive Chef
    Yes, she's bigger than older mannequins, but I think there are 3 good reasons for that:

1. Considering the special effect of her dress (what colors can you see) and the great hype over this dress in specific, being a bigger doll showcases these details better, because you know for a lot of people who don't read the forums or follow social media trends, they're just gonna look at it real close to try and figure it out.

2. I think TL may be moving towards bigger mannequins from now on. This helps us in seeing all the details in their clothes better, especially considering all the new fabric effects they've been experimenting with lately (lace, leather, sequins, metalic foil, glitter and various different fabric textures), also they've been creating more and more new face and hairstyle designs for newer mannequins and displays and a lot of the great work and detail that goes into making all those models kind of goes to waste on smaller scale models, that you have to zoom really close to see anything.

3. Another point is that originally all these games were developed mainly for iPhones, but now with iPads and tablets being the more popular choice of gaming devices, there's a need to make items larger and better detailed.

For instance, do you remember the mint green runway from just a few weeks ago? I'm guessing this is another one of their newer designs. The new models and displays we've been getting lately might just be some items they designed right before they decided on the switch to bigger scale models. A good hint for those items is how un-cohesive they are with the other items they come out with.

These are my theories anyway. I suppose we'll have to wait and see what all we get for the next several months to figure it out.

I personally like the new bigger scale models and displays, feels like I get better value for my money when I get items with clearer, bigger, more detailed design.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast