Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RESTAURANT GOALS 2015-Feb-04 Valentine's Day

Rhino Keeper
    TeamLava, do you know what "prize" means, in the context of a challenge? I think RS charging for the goal "prize" is completely unfair to the game's newbies, who struggle to have even one or two of each appliance. (And the first of appliance #2 no longer a prize!) They then have to buy a "prize" (romantic pond) to continue in the challenge...only to be told they have to purchase their final "prize!" And at a price that may be beyond the reach of many newer players, after shelling out for all the other goal expenses. I think there will be many disappointed people, both newbies and long-time players, who feel they've wasted a lot of time and resources when they discover this. I've played for awhile and have ample coins, but will not be adding the final "prize" to my restaurant. TeamLava, you should have saved these ploys for April, because you've made fools of us all.

Rhino Keeper
    Wow I was really hoping that when I didn't receive the final prize for free that it was a glitch, but after reading this thread it's sadly not. What a BIG DISAPPOINTMENT��

Farm Supplier
    ��������Goals are becoming more and more expensive, and prizes are no longer prizes. Lower levels are going to have a hard time buying the items needed for goals...not to mention the prizes. A level 15 will have a hard time completing these goals.���� I usually build 4 or 5 appliances so it will not take long but I may have to cut back to 3 if we have to purchase our so call " prizes" .

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sieressa View Post
    ��������Goals are becoming more and more expensive, and prizes are no longer prizes. Lower levels are going to have a hard time buying the items needed for goals...not to mention the prizes. A level 15 will have a hard time completing these goals.���� I usually build 4 or 5 appliances so it will not take long but I may have to cut back to 3 if we have to purchase our so call " prizes" .
    I agree that having us purchase the prize is wrong. Most of the lower level players, by the time they can actually do the goals, would have at least 4 or 5 appliance spots opened to them so they should have no problem completing the actual goal. I only purchase 4 of the machines and have no problem doing the goals. Once they complete the goal, they don't HAVE to purchase the prize right away. I know, they shouldn't have to wait until they gain the money and it honestly should be free considering all we went through to do the goal, but it still stands that the prize is there waiting for them to gain enough coin to purchase it.

I tell all my lower level neighbors to store the appliances they don't need for the goal and just use their spots for the goal appliances if they're concerned they won't make it in time. Most don't seem to have an issue completing the actual goals, though they are pretty much broke until their food sells.

Rhino Keeper
    I do not mind buying the prizes once it is unlocked because I produce lot of coins. I spend 180,000 coins on the final prize because i bought two. But that is a serious problem for players that does not have a lot of time playing and they are trying to expand their restaurant. However, its not hard to spend 400,000 coins let's say once a month, I did it when I was a rookie just you need to play consistently and cook foods / recipes.I buy around 10 to 12 appliances of each for the challenges and it does not affect me.
    Last edited by Francys08; 02-11-15 at 04:23 PM.

Farm Supplier
    I understand what you are saying, but appliances are like $20,000 and $25,000 to buy 5 it is burden to a lower level than to buy the other items such as counters, wallpaper, tile, food, and in between prizes to complete the goal you are looking at around $350,000 for a goal. That's a lot for a lower level, in my opinion. I am level 75 and I think the price is especially since I decorate my entire bakery.

Farm Supplier
    [QUOTE=queentina3;1053558]I agree that having us purchase the prize is wrong. Most of the lower level players, by the time they can actually do the goals, would have at least 4 or 5 appliance spots opened to them so they should have no problem completing the actual goal. I only purchase 4 of the machines and have no problem doing the goals. Once they complete the goal, they don't HAVE to purchase the prize right away. I know, they shouldn't have to wait until they gain the money and it honestly should be free considering all we went through to do the goal, but it still stands that the prize is there waiting for them to gain enough coin to purchase it.

I tell all my lower level neighbors to store the appliances they don't need for the goal and just use their spots for the goal appliances if they're concerned they won't make it in time. Most don't seem to have an issue completing the actual goals, though they are pretty much broke until their food sells. [/QUOTE/])

I understand what you are saying, but appliances are like $20,000 and $25,000 to buy 5 it is burden to a lower level than to buy the other items such as counters, wallpaper, tile, food, and in between prizes to complete the goal you are looking at around $350,000 for a goal. That's a lot for a lower level, in my opinion. I am level 75 and I think the price is high especially since I decorate my entire bakery.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sieressa View Post
    I understand what you are saying, but appliances are like $20,000 and $25,000 to buy 5 it is burden to a lower level than to buy the other items such as counters, wallpaper, tile, food, and in between prizes to complete the goal you are looking at around $350,000 for a goal. That's a lot for a lower level, in my opinion. I am level 75 and I think the price is especially since I decorate my entire bakery.
    You're right, it is quite a bit. I've been trying to help out my newer neighbors lately with gifting them with the Stew when they don't need parts for these specialty appliances. At least that way they're getting something that will bring them in the best coin out of the food gifts we're allotted.

The thing is, the only real difference I see between this latest set of goals and those of the past is that we're having to purchase the gift instead of being given it for free. The goals over the past years required quite a bit of coin when you take into account the appliance, wallpaper and deco they forced us to purchase......and even though it was hard, most of them got through it.

I do feel bad for them though as the cost of these prizes will probably bankrupt them for a while.

Executive Chef
    oh, wow, that really sucks for newer players who don't have a coin reserve. i wonder what the purpose is? i can't imagine spending gems to get coins is really a profit-maker in these games--who'd spend cash when you can just wait a little while and earn your coins?--so i wonder why TL's chosen to charge for the final prize, if it won't make them money but will deplete customers' goodwill.
    I go by varying numbers of utensils in BS, and cafe lula, welcome cafe, and zephyr cafe in RS (just so you know it's me--you can't add me by those).
    I always love to visit well-designed or creative bakeries & restaurants!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    oh, wow, that really sucks for newer players who don't have a coin reserve. i wonder what the purpose is? i can't imagine spending gems to get coins is really a profit-maker in these games--who'd spend cash when you can just wait a little while and earn your coins?--so i wonder why TL's chosen to charge for the final prize, if it won't make them money but will deplete customers' goodwill.
    The only thing I can think of is to slow people down in progressing through the game too quickly. It was one of the reasons they increased the expansion amounts (coins and gems) and to open more appliance spots (gems only). People were getting ahead too quickly. The same thing happened in Bakery Story but there they took it a step further and increased the cost for cooking the food without increasing the amount of customers or decreasing the food count. It got to the point that a lot of us couldn't even cook as we had too much food that we couldn't sell fast enough and with the increase in pricing to cook it plus the decorations being mostly gems....Many people quit. What's the point in playing a cooking game if you can't cook?

I do hope that with this latest stunt - making us pay for the prize, isn't a forewarning that more changes...bad changes like in BS, will be coming to RS. I'll be really upset then as I quit BS after that and really don't want to lose RS as well.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast