Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Fashion Story Update: 1-27-2015

Executive Chef
    I'm Australia and the prices for gems on iOS went up a while ago. A 580 gem package at full price is $129.99 AUD, and $89.99 at 30% off, or 31% to be exact. For some reason Android was cheaper for a while, but I noticed that the prices are the same now no matter which platform you play on. I used to buy my gems from Android due to it being cheaper but I see TL have changed that little loophole since its been mentioned here in the forum about the discrepancy in pricing.
    I play Bakery Story & Fashion Story.
    I have too many neighbours now so
    ALL NEIGHBOUR REQUESTS FROM NOW ON WILL BE DECLINED.
    I DO NOT TIP so please DON'T tip me if you expect a tip back.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by orleansparish View Post
    Some people have money to spend. Some people feel this game is their outlet to get away from stress. It is their money and they may feel, like me spend it on these pixels instead of drinking or going shopping. I used to think wow they are spending a couple hundred dollars for each box. But if it gives them enjoyment, why not.

It's been mentioned before, many times now that ios prices were raised for folks outside of the US. On my iPad and android the prices are the same. Whether that happened on android now I don't know, as andromeda pointed out.

For me, I always get the 30% off sale. I usually buy the 275 gem package for $34.99 or the $580 for 69.99, I believe.

I don't buy gems every week or even every month. I get them when I really like something. Then Id just get the 24 or 105 gem package as needed. But Im in the States and my prices are the same. I mainly play on my iPad, but purchase gems on android because They don't charge ridiculous taxes.
    I cringe at how much money I've spent on these games over the years, considering they are just pixels. But it's still cheaper than what I bought buy otherwise when I do "real" shopping.

At $69.99, that's on par with what I pay in Australian dollars at $89.99 when you do a currency conversion.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by andromedablack View Post
    I just saw something that made me furious, when did the gem prices change? I saw I have a sale and thought I should buy some gems to get some of the lolita stuff and then saw new prices. Without a sale is 10€ for just 50 gems, 20€ for just 105, 50€ for the 275 gems package...? Are they serious? I'm not buying gems with this new prices even with a 40% sale.
    It was Mentioned in the Bakery Story threads but I think Europeans pay the highest prices for gems.

Rhino Keeper
    Oh my... Prices went up for me as well in Europe. If I convert my currency to Dollars - I now have to pay $120 for 580 gems without a sale. I think when I have a sale of 30% it will be as the price I had a few weeks back.
    So much for lowering the prices on lto's and other items... In the end, I pay the same - perhaps more.

Not really fair for us European iOS players.

Is this TL policy or iTunes policy?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by filochick1982 View Post
    I cringe at how much money I've spent on these games over the years, considering they are just pixels. But it's still cheaper than what I bought buy otherwise when I do "real" shopping.

At $69.99, that's on par with what I pay in Australian dollars at $89.99 when you do a currency conversion.
    It sucks big time that the prices went up. Id really love to know if this is a TL issue or itunes situation. As if Apple needs more money. Id been reading about a growing issue with prices of money in Europe, that could be it too. I got an email from Google anout their refunding some purchsses. I went to my google play account and too was shocked at how much money I've spent over the past three years.

Then Id realize this is my stress release and it was worth it to me. I also just spent $50 on RS2. I'm a lost cause. But a happy lost cause. I hope the prices go down for yall again. They may find themselves losing much business.

Executive Chef
    I'm glad I only play two games! I'd be broke if I started playing any others as I just know I would end up spending money on gems there too!

When comparing prices, bear in mind that the world is currently going through what could best be described as a currency war. Central banks are pulling all kinds of levers in desperation without caring much about the impact to trade partners. So while right now the prices when exchanging might seem unfair to Europeans, bear in mind that the Euro has weakened considerably against pretty much all currencies in anticipation of the Quantitative Easing by the ECB. Likewise with the Yen. The US dollar has also strengthened across the board due to it's improving economy and it's rock bottom starting position. Australian dollar has also dropped quite a bit (double digit percentages) in the last few months.

TL might be trying to be fair in their global pricing, but I doubt they can move fast enough to stay ahead of forex fluctuations. Remember that at the end of the day, money was designed to be spent

Executive Chef
    The thread is getting off-topic. Let's get back to talking about the update.
    If you all want to talk about gem prices, search for a thread about it or create a new thread about the subject.
    Thanks.
    Sometimes, you just gotta shake your head, so you won't pop off at the mouth.

#sometimesifeellikeanupdatelesschild

Not adding neighbors at this time. All requests will be declined.
    ❤️Love ya, IsisGarden (Fashion Story Moderator)
    Ft Support Help: Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567