Thread: BLOCKING AND iD's

Rhino Keeper

Angry BLOCKING AND iD's

Some time ago, TL came out with the handy dandy block feature on the IOS system. Since then, I've had to use it on several occasions, but I see a flaw in this that should be fixed.
    It doesn't do any good what so ever, to block people if your posts are not removed from their wall. They may not be able to post, but they have a way of getting to you thru other neighbors if they have neighbors that are willing to help bully you. They can spy on you, send their little minions out to bother you and run around making life as uncomfortable as they possibly can. Another problem is, if they know your ID, they themselves can use it. To either re-invite, or hand it out as they see fit, to others you may not wish to be bothered by. I feel FaceBook has the right idea! If you delete and block, then that person should be gone!! Forever! Or unless you readd. As for your Your ID, I feel it's yours and you should be able to change it as you do your password. i love think tank stuff. I don't know much about computer programs, but I know there isn't much you can't do! And as far as reporting people, it can take TL quite a bit of time to respond. By then, you may have had to put up with childish antics for some time that you could have resolved yourself by just blocking them, if the feature worked right.

Executive Chef
    I have 2 agree w u about removing Ur posts from their walls. When u block them it removes their posts from ur wall so y not theirs?. Their friends don't need 2 have access to ur wall 2bother u in whatever manner they chooses.
    Currently NOT ADDING NBRS SO PLZ DO NOT SEND INVITE
    Thanks,
    Elainecarrel

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineCarrel View Post
    I have 2 agree w u about removing Ur posts from their walls. When u block them it removes their posts from ur wall so y not theirs?. Their friends don't need 2 have access to ur wall 2bother u in whatever manner they chooses.
    In Most Social Media Sites, once you delete someone, they disapear from view. So a neighbor/friend, could be having a convo with you, and the people that see the convo will only see the other persons posts, not yours. This is a great privacy/safety feature. Maybe that was what TL had intended but nobody has complained so they don't know. Whatever the case, it would certainly lighten the load in the "Report a Player" department. LOL!

Rhino Keeper
    By the way Elaine, how are folks attaching the blurbs at the bottom of their posts where they say whether or not they're accepting neighbors?

You can add a 'signature' automatically to all your posts. Go all the way to the top of this page & tap 'Settings'. On the left side under My Settings tap 'Edit Signature '. In the window just type your signature & then at the bottom tap "Save".
    Now every time you post, the signature is automatically posted for you.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    You can add a 'signature' automatically to all your posts. Go all the way to the top of this page & tap 'Settings'. On the left side under My Settings tap 'Edit Signature '. In the window just type your signature & then at the bottom tap "Save".
    Now every time you post, the signature is automatically posted for you.
    Thanks meme1098 I appreciate you help! ;-)

Dealing with a troll now and fully agree with this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeldon2864 View Post
    Some time ago, TL came out with the handy dandy block feature on the IOS system. Since then, I've had to use it on several occasions, but I see a flaw in this that should be fixed.
    It doesn't do any good what so ever, to block people if your posts are not removed from their wall. They may not be able to post, but they have a way of getting to you thru other neighbors if they have neighbors that are willing to help bully you. They can spy on you, send their little minions out to bother you and run around making life as uncomfortable as they possibly can. Another problem is, if they know your ID, they themselves can use it. To either re-invite, or hand it out as they see fit, to others you may not wish to be bothered by. I feel FaceBook has the right idea! If you delete and block, then that person should be gone!! Forever! Or unless you readd. As for your Your ID, I feel it's yours and you should be able to change it as you do your password. i love think tank stuff. I don't know much about computer programs, but I know there isn't much you can't do! And as far as reporting people, it can take TL quite a bit of time to respond. By then, you may have had to put up with childish antics for some time that you could have resolved yourself by just blocking them, if the feature worked right.