Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Do you prefer 'Bakery-related' updates or 'Fantasy' updates?

Rhino Keeper
    I think this is a great description of my thoughts on this.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by zaaracake View Post
    Bakery...and if fantastical at least vaguely related to food...not hockey or outer space or pirates....
    Yes! Totally agree! I vote Bakery

Farm Supplier
    I'm all for more bakery related items because we can never have too many of those. But I also think that without the fantasy items we would end with things that have the same design, but are different in colour. So I don't mind when we get a little bit of fantasy, as long as it makes some sense being in a bakery.
    I would like to see the designers commit to a theme for longer than a week. It's hard to redecorate when you have an update about dragons, hockey, coffee shop and what not, but you can't combine any of it.
    Adding nbrs who are lvl 60+. I'm a lvl 99 daily player and I only gift PARTS. Don't really care about your star rating as long as you gift parts and play daily.

Farm Supplier
    Definitely bakery! ☕️🍰

Fantasy, but on a smaller, subtler scale than what they've been doing. I'm tired of the big crazy displays that take up half the bakery, that I'll never actually want to use. But some nice, subtle zodiac decor would certainly be nice, or some more nature based decor that isn't so over the top in making it look like outdoors. :/
    Last edited by xandine_heartsong; 03-07-15 at 03:44 AM. Reason: darn autocabbage!
    Add me!:
    xandine_heartsong

I accept all requests and gift daily, but only tip on weekends/ when I have enough free time. (First time mommy of a newborn baby girl)

My two main games are Bakery Story and Restaurant Story.

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    I like having a mix of both. I had a coffee shop layout in my bakery for the past two months, for example, but recently switched to a fairytale/fantasy forest theme. (No relation to the Fantasy Forest Story game, btw). I switch up my bakery design pretty regularly so it's nice to have options to redecorate

Quote Originally Posted by CuteTali View Post
    I like having a mix of both, but mainly "Fantasy" I guess, because you can make all kinds of different looks and themes with those, whereas plain ole bakery themed bakery items are just that, plain ole bakery items.

It's the same with Farm Story (the original game, not the lame sequel), I hate having farm related items in my farm, I had absolutely no interest in a game that deals with boring farm life, but when they started adding interesting themes that weren't related, is when I started playing it a lot, because I realized that I could make it into "my style of game" instead of just another farm game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasha_07 View Post
    I prefer a mix of both, 1 week bakery updates, following week fantasy updates. Too much of 1 is going to get boring too quickly with the same thing over and over. Sides this is a 'virtual bakery' game so anything is possible, but you can make both work with a 'little' imagination and creativity.

If we took away all the 'fantasy' items from the game it's completely boring and plain looking.

Since I can only pick one I choose 'fantasy' updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelaM_93 View Post
    I'm all for more bakery related items because we can never have too many of those. But I also think that without the fantasy items we would end with things that have the same design, but are different in colour. So I don't mind when we get a little bit of fantasy, as long as it makes some sense being in a bakery.
    I would like to see the designers commit to a theme for longer than a week. It's hard to redecorate when you have an update about dragons, hockey, coffee shop and what not, but you can't combine any of it.
    I agree with all the above posts But I do think fantasy updates need some substance. For example, the ice update in January with the Burr-ista was outrageously fantastical, but it was fleshed out really well with multiple displays, and there are enough other wintry items and recipes that I could create a really good atmosphere in my bakery. In contrast, the soccer-themed update from a while ago (does this count as fantasy?? It's certainly not a bakery item ) didn't really add much, and is one I could have overlooked completely if the Cake Pops weren't the first new recipe on the basic oven in a while.

I'll choose fantasy for the voting since I more often redecorate with non-bakery themes
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Def Bakey since this is supposed to be our own little Bakery.
    I play BS and RS and have 3 active accts, SWEETPEA6645....PARIS66 and MS6645 feel free to add me but I remove ppl that don't answer requests and are inactive players.

Rhino Keeper
    Bakery & holiday

Rhino Keeper
    I like a mixture of both bakery and fantasy. I love fantasy related things like the fairy grotto and the gnome home. I would like to see more items that.

The recent updates seem to be more bakery related which is awesome. Ty TL/S8 for listening. I love that we got a lot of must have items in the recent goal.

My vote right now would be for fantasy.

Definitely bakery updates.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345