Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: You Matter as A Boutique Owner

Rhino Keeper
    That's the maximum amount of free slots. I agree that it should be a multiple of 4, though.

Rhino Keeper
    Yes ty Isis!hope our voices get heard.I was thinking last night without us little people nothing in this world works.we are what make the cogs turn.the people who drive truck cabs busses waitresses waiters cooks cashiers mothers dads the fisherman mechanics and so on and so on.I think the upper crust or ones that have so much control forget we make the difference and we count.I was told by a very strict boss who yelled all the time BTW the customers pay your pay check and don't you forget it!well I never forgot that and he was correct.we understand the company's points and point of view but do they really play their own games?to see what its like to play and invest years of time and money to enjoy these wonderful games.when you really enjoy one you become attached to it.you protect it.you nourish it while it grows.and when its disrupted for whatever reason you or I become annoyed or upset.so yes I think our opinions views thoughts ideas should indeed count.

Rhino Keeper

Suggested changes

I have a few comments, ideas:
    *Give us incentives:
    1. A FREE DISPLAY or mannequin forXMAS every year. We play, spending time, coins, some buy gems. Give us something bk.
    2. A REWARD FOR BENCHMARK LVLS. A FREE display/item for lvls 25, 50, 75 & 100. The lvl indicates dedication to playing, make it worth the goal of reaching it!
    3. Give newbies immediate access to all catalogs. As SR players (like myself) get bored or play less, it's newbies that keep the game going. Keep them interested.

*Give us some GOOD BASIC ITEMS:
    1. We REALLY NEED a dressy up-do hairstyle. Finally gave us one but it's a redhead w a crown? A simple updo-bun w a side part available in all hair colors plz!!
    2. Basic T's for the closet: Navy, Red, Blue, Pink, Black, Orange, Plum, etc. They don't have to be a part of a catalog, but would be a simple addition!
    3. More 2x2 displays. Although the 3x3 are great, they do take up a lot of space. We need space for clothes to collect likes, AND space to decorate.
    4. More scenic backgrounds, be it a room, or landscape. They add volume to the look of any boutique.

*Make previous seasonal items available during THAT season
    1. During Halloween, Thxgiving, Xmas, and Valentines, bring bk old catalogs for at least that month only. It's in your database. What's the harm?

As times change and the attitudes of the gaming audiences change, so must the game creators. These are just a few ideas I've had over the years. If I've posted them in the wrong place, plz have room mod transfer post to the proper thread.
    Last edited by gotalotaluv; 07-28-15 at 10:53 AM. Reason: typing errors

Rhino Keeper
    I haven't posted for a while, I've kind of become a bit disheartened with the game, but I'm still playing every day.

I became annoyed when we keep getting old displays recycled every week and no new LTOs for so long now. I've been playing a couple of years and so already have all these LTOs.

For me the game could be back to what it once was when I was spending gems every week by

* bring back LTOs

* expansions! Give us more room for those of us already fully expanded.

* bring back optional goals for the players that like to earn displays this way

* have a suggestion thread that is actually listened to, have us players submit ideas and designs

New fresh ideas are what the game needs, new LTOs displays and themes, not just churning out the same old items we already have. It's so disappointing. It would be so good to go back to the good old days of 2012/2013 when this game was brilliant to play.

cakebaby75
    Last edited by cakebaby75; 07-28-15 at 04:40 PM.

New Resident
    Cakebaby, Well said! I agree 100%!!!!! New LTO items are what make long time players, like myself excited!! Tempt us with new LTOs and goals and we WILL can buy more gems. Getting tired of seeing recycled LTOs week after week. That defeats the purpose of being "limited time offers"....just sayin'

Rhino Keeper
    Isis, I would really love it if you could convince the devs of FS to not make tapping on the extra inventory slot that you can buy for gems automatic. Any other time you spend gems, it's a two step process, except for that. That leads to accidentally buying an extra slot for gems.

And I TOTALLY agree with adding goals. We have monthly goals in the BS and RS, and even RS 2 has periodic goals (the cruise ships), so why not in FS?
    Last edited by spydre1; 08-16-15 at 05:55 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuteTali View Post
    I don't know about goals in Fashion Story... I know a lot of people want them, but I remember back when we used to have goals, it was soo stressful, even more so if you own several boutiques.

It's already hard enough to try and master catalogues, not like the other games where you can master recipes faster. In this game, mastering items is very very slow, you order items individually (instead of like, say groups of 10's) and with only 22 slots and 4 new items added weekly, it's practically impossible to stay on top of things (something that's easier to do in bakery and restaurant). It usually takes me a whole week just to get all 4 items to level 2. Then I try to work on what catalogue I'm currently on to master to full.

Goals - you usually have to order items that you aren't currently trying to master and it interfers with my own schedule for ordering clothes to where they're ready when I can access the game. On the other hand, not doing goals or skipping them completely is not an option, because then I'd miss out on great items that I wouldn't be able to get any other way.

We already have timed goals in other games, I personally don't want to make things stressful in this game too.
    That doesn't really bother me - unless it's like 22 hour items. When you have goals in the other games, you have to sacrifice appliance slots to meet those goals. But I think I do things different than you. Have set items that I order on a schedule (you know, when this completes, order this), and keep it that way until I master that catalog.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sally_brown View Post
    Thank you for explaining this! I never understand it when people act like you have to do goals. This totally makes sense, but it would never occur to me, because I never use the decor items you unlock and in BS and RS only sometimes continue to use the appliances.
    I almost never use the decorations unlocked, but I sometimes continue to use the appliances (especially when I've mastered others, other than the grill, the oven and stove) for stock, and to master those, on my former accounts.

EDIT: I should say I almost never use the large decoration pieces you get as a reward. The small things, and sometimes the tables and chairs, or the wallpaper and tiles, I use.
    Last edited by spydre1; 08-16-15 at 06:18 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by KatFish68 View Post
    I'm relatively new to FS & hope I'm doing this correctly. I am curious as to why I haven't received any other catalogue slots (I'm holding steady at 22) after completing many, many levels. I don't have enough slots to accommodate the size of my boutique & customer flow even though I play around the clock. Since outfit sets generally consist of 4 items on average, the number of slots should be divisible by 4 as well. Then, as we level up, we should earn slots according to our level so we can purchase more to accommodate our larger boutique size/customer flow. Charging 49 gems for just 1 slot is insanely expensive since we hardly ever have challenges or other ways to earn gems, especially compared to other Storm8 games like Restaurant Story. I love FS & hope the powers that be understand these concerns. Ty for your time!
    KatFish68
    Twenty two slots is the max, unless you buy more slots with gems. I did for the express reason that if you buy two more slots, you can have six complete outfits processing at a time.

I agree with these suggestions. Very nicely worded, cakebaby!

Quote Originally Posted by cakebaby75 View Post
    I haven't posted for a while, I've kind of become a bit disheartened with the game, but I'm still playing every day.

I became annoyed when we keep getting old displays recycled every week and no new LTOs for so long now. I've been playing a couple of years and so already have all these LTOs.

For me the game could be back to what it once was when I was spending gems every week by

* bring back LTOs

* expansions! Give us more room for those of us already fully expanded.

* bring back optional goals for the players that like to earn displays this way

* have a suggestion thread that is actually listened to, have us players submit ideas and designs

New fresh ideas are what the game needs, new LTOs displays and themes, not just churning out the same old items we already have. It's so disappointing. It would be so good to go back to the good old days of 2012/2013 when this game was brilliant to play.

cakebaby75

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123