Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I buy an Ipad or a Kindle Fire to play Bakery Story

Should I buy an Ipad or a Kindle Fire to play Bakery Story

I need to replace my Kindle Fire and need advice ..... what is the best tablet to play Bakery Story. Which one is more Bakery Story friendly ? Thank you for your help.

Executive Chef
    I play on both iOS and Android and there are pros and cons to both. But I would choose iPad over Kindle or any other Android devic but it's only personal preference. My husband's Galaxy tablet is soo slow and the screen is not as sensitive as my iPhone and iPad so gameplay is not as pleasant for me. It's also easier to decorate on iOS due to the double tap function for adding the same wallpaper and tiles.

Executive Chef
    I agree w filochick1982.
    Currently NOT ADDING NBRS SO PLZ DO NOT SEND INVITE
    Thanks,
    Elainecarrel

Quote Originally Posted by filochick1982 View Post
    I play on both iOS and Android and there are pros and cons to both. But I would choose iPad over Kindle or any other Android devic but it's only personal preference. My husband's Galaxy tablet is soo slow and the screen is not as sensitive as my iPhone and iPad so gameplay is not as pleasant for me. It's also easier to decorate on iOS due to the double tap function for adding the same wallpaper and tiles.
    I'm curious - what are some of the differences between iOs and Android?

Executive Chef
    But not the iPad mini, it doesn't have the RAM for these memory intense games. Go with regular iPad!
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

Rhino Keeper
    Personally, I'd buy an iPaD but it's up to you...

Executive Chef
    You get access to older content on Android if you have all the previous versions and this content is no longer available on iOS. There are regular download prompts for new games or new game versions to try and the rewards are usually 6 gems. There is no gem reward for doing the same on iOS.

There is no double tap function for adding more wallpaper and tiles on Android so basically if you want to decorate and you didn't buy enough of the same wallpaper or tile to cover the area you want, that's too bad if that partitcular tile or wallpaper is no longer available to buy. On iOS, you only need to buy one tile or wallpaper and you use the double tap function to buy more even though it's no longer available on the market.

You also can't drag the item from storage on Android - you have to tap on it and place it on an empty space which I find so annoying.

On Android, when you accept requests from neighbours, an annoying pop up window appears to tell you their request been sent. You also can't block players on Android.

From a gameplay perspective, it's much more pleasant on iOS. I buy all the older content I want on Android, then decorate and play on iOS. I also take advantage of the gem rewards I mentioned above on Android. I pretty much have the best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by pardimate View Post
    I'm curious - what are some of the differences between iOs and Android?
    Last edited by filochick1982; 12-22-14 at 06:25 PM.

Executive Chef
    Additional to what @filochick1982 said if you play certain other games than BS on Android you don't have access to content as iOS.

Also kindle doesn't have the login feature, so if you want to change device it's done through support & that takes a while.

I say go for an iOS device. As an android the excessive tapping is what I dislike the most, 2 taps to place each wallpaper & 3 taps for each tile.
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

Farm Supplier
    I play all my games on an iPad mini. I found the regular iPad to big and heavy to hold for any length of time.

I think Android and iPad are the best but sadly we will not be having a Christmas so you're very lucky to either purchase either one the fire or the iPad me and my disabled daughter will not be having a Christmas this year because I got into a car accident and we don't have any money because we are in a limited income but if anybody wants to supply us with a Christmas will take it but either an iPad or the fire I think the iPad would be about the bed we are really sitting here crying because we probably won't have a Christmas so yeah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast