Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pride in your kingdom

Question Pride in your kingdom

One of the things I love about Castle Story is the element of role playing. I like to imagine that I am the ruler of this little kingdom, and I carefully plan how it is laid out. I think about which building goes where and whether it is a good fit where it is placed, and how it looks. And I like to think about the little people that would live there and whether they have enough roads, or things like if they would really want a mine in the center of town, etc.

When I visit other kingdoms it seems like some people are just accumulating buildings and just clump them all together and don't care how it looks. I'm not trying to insult anyone here, but I don't get this style of gameplay. It doesn't look like a kingdom at all, just a bunch of stuff smashed together or dropped wherever it fits.

Does anyone else feel this way?
    Last edited by robotparade; 12-17-14 at 12:11 PM.

Executive Chef
    Had to come and visit .. I take lots of pride, and try to figure out where every thing should go and have it map out like a little village ,,,

Thanks for visiting! I like your kingdom; especially the castle area with all the mythical creatures.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm like you; I like to have paths and arrange things by town/country, with a troll forest and witchy corner. I just pull buildings out as I need them - hence the current presence of three taverns! I figure it's like putting plates away in the cupboard in between meals, only I'm putting away buildings and decorations.

Farm Supplier
    I probably spend way more time thinking of where things should go then I should lol. I can't stand the thought of my subjects or animals being overcrowded, though that becomes harder to accomplish the more stuff you get over time. I have separate areas for the castle and other royal things, farm, Greselda's dark stuff, crafting/resource, residential, shopping, etc. I try to think of things like who wants to live next to a noisy pub or mine? I visited yours, it's very nice

Thanks Myania!

I'm glad to hear from other like-minded people. Rockylania I do thhe same thing - put away stuff I don't need right away.

Fashion Designer
    I like this thread!

I am constantly reworking my kingdom, making it a place that I would like to live in if I could. It gets sloppy if I need to pull out a bunch of buildings for a quest, but as soon as I can I try to make it home like. My kingdom is a reflection of my personality, unlike any of the other games I play. If I had to stop playing all but one game, I would keep this one and my kingdom where I would live if I could

Farm Supplier
    Robotparade, I am your neighbour already on both my accounts, I think you Kingdom is gorgeous, and as you progress through the game you will have so much reorganising your kingdom as new buildings and expansions become available. The hardest thing for my level 25 account is that I don't have the space to really organise my board how I would like, I don't have the resources to build all the building I want etc. What I am doing now though, is gathering all the resources I need before I place a new building, so I don't have a construction site.

Now I have to ask, how can you visit a specific kingdom, that isn't your neighbour??? I know you can do a friendship request and then visit but is there another way???

Nightclub Owner
    On this account layout is as simple as it can get. All decorations and unused buildings are stored. Reason: I use an iPad 1, so no chance of having whatsoever out to make it look nice. On my main account the story is different.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Rhino Keeper
    So one day I had the time to REAaLY take a looks at all my neighbors places....and saw that they usually decorate or have their game board arranged in a particular way that falls into only a few different categories.

1. Super beautiful...winding paths that lead to areas, graphically laid out trees, buildings and suitable decor just so.these kingdoms are very likely to only have the proper seasonal decorations out and always have something Fabulous sitting right at the area a visitor drops in to visit.

2. Utilitarian....only what's needed in an area and everything else pushed back, clumped or stored. Never minimalistic, but very obviously working on a particular quest.

3. Drop time clumps....all 6 hour buildings together, all 1 hour items together, etc. I only noticed when becoming really familiar with exact drop times.

4. Random......everything's out and has no rhyme or reason. My experence is that they don't play very often, or unsure what is needed. Who's to say they don't like it that way?

5. Super unique......they really push the limits of every boundary. If XP is their priority they go crazy with whatever item they fancy. Amphys, mantys, windmills...whatever. Crazy abundant use of 1 item, such as walls, alicorns, Valentine's trees, cows, flowers etc. you know they spend a lot of time and gems to express creativity, and their kingdoms are unforgettable.

6. Comfy....as stated above, easy to get around kingdoms and a pleasure to the eye.a lot of flexibility to complete goals and easy to change when expanding.

The graphics of CS is really great and what we do w it to express ourselves is awesome.
    Mary of The Reliquary, collector ov ancient electronic relics.
    ⚔ TEOTU Thuakie Coyote, Sword #24 ⚔

🌞🌹🌻from "that" part of CA Bay Area full of year round sunshine, surf, ancient redwoods and strawberries🌻🌹🌞

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast