Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Change in Breeding Rules or Bug?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonMoon006 View Post
    hi knj00

Just wanted to let u know that I random bred Lightspeed x Kabuki (59 outcomes according to calculator ... lol I must be crazy.... Fyi I'm NOT trying for diamond.) got 12 hrs and turns out to be Pixie (PinkPurple) (love it) which is not listed in the breeding calculator.

I also realise that none of the Pink hybrids are listed for this combo either.

Is it a bug cos last 2 days were crazy with popups in TL games.
    You didn't had Pixie with Lightspeed and Kabuki.

Pixie has the pink type and the combo that you use, doesn't have the pink type. You only have purple, red, blue, white and yellow.

I don't think it was a bug, TL would never allow that we could have other types without having them in the breeding den, in the maximum the bug they would allowed was for us, not have had outcome the types that we should had, like the Leo should give when splited.
    Last edited by cocauina; 12-27-14 at 04:16 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    A bit off topic but I want to ask a question: When I use calculator for breeding Leo + Emerald, there are some results as gemstone dragons which I always though that it isn't breedable, such as Jade, Tiger's Eye, Onyx.

Are these results right or wrong?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by renbuxing View Post
    A bit off topic but I want to ask a question: When I use calculator for breeding Leo + Emerald, there are some results as gemstone dragons which I always though that it isn't breedable, such as Jade, Tiger's Eye, Onyx.

Are these results right or wrong?
    Right.

The gemstone dragons are breedable, but they can be crafted also by the IOS users, the only gemstone dragon that you cannot breed but only craft, is the Amethyst Dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by cocauina View Post
    You didn't had Pixie with Lightspeed and Kabuki.

Pixie has the pink type and the combo that you use, doesn't have the pink type. You only have purple, red, blue, white and yellow.

I don't think it was a bug, TL would never allow that we could have other types without having them in the breeding den, in the maximum the bug they would allowed was for us, not have had outcome the types that we should had, like the Leo should give when splited.

Hi cocauina...I have hatch the pink egg (see previous screenshot ) and it is the Pixie...bred with Lightspeed and Kabuki during the popups glitch!!! As with others combos ...couldnt the white and red of Kabuki merged to form Pink just like normal breeding?? I have had numerous breeding that come from ONLY 1 side of the den..If you said it wont work then tell me how do you breed Pinks then??

TL criteria of breeding is that u throw in ANY of the required colours REGARDLESS of whether the colours came from Both sides or 1 sided of the den AS long as u hv the required colours to get the possible outcome u wanted.

My newly hatched Pixie :-

Last edited by DragonMoon006; 12-28-14 at 09:38 AM.

Executive Chef
    hi knj00

Just wanted to let u know that I random bred Lightspeed x Kabuki (59 outcomes according to calculator ... lol I must be crazy.... Fyi I'm NOT trying for diamond.) got 12 hrs and turns out to be Pixie (PinkPurple) (love it) which is not listed in the breeding calculator.

I also realise that none of the Pink hybrids are listed for this combo either.

Is it a bug cos last 2 days were crazy with popups in TL games.

Tried same combo and this time got 14 hrs....wonder what it'll be ?? I loveeeeeee surprises !!
    If your getting Pink types from this combo (Lightspeed/Kabuki) it is most definitely a bug. The breeding has NEVER worked like that. Yes, those dragons have the types needed to make Pink but it shouldn't create the Pink type then create a Pink hybrid in the same breeding. In order to get a minor type hybrid (Pink in your case) you have always needed one of the breeding parents to have the minor type.

So, it could be only 3 things: 1) You were mistaken on what you bred to get Pixie 2)TL has changed the breeding rules 3)This is another bug....

No matter which one of these it is I can guarantee that going by the normal breeding rules TL has for the Pink type (since Dec. 2012) getting a Pink type hybrid from your pair should not be possible.

Hi cocauina...I have hatch the pink egg (see previous screenshot ) and it is the Pixie...bred with Lightspeed and Kabuki during the popups glitch!!! As with others combos ...couldnt the white and red of Kabuki merged to form Pink just like normal breeding?? I have had numerous breeding that come from ONLY 1 side of the den..If you said it wont work then tell me how do you breed Pinks then??

TL criteria of breeding is that u throw in ANY of the required colours REGARDLESS of whether the colours came from Both sides or 1 sided of the den AS long as u hv the required colours to get the possible outcome u wanted.
    There are many times when you can get offspring with types from only one of the breeding parents but creating a minor type is different.

All minor types (Purple too even though it's not a minor type) require one of the types to come from one parent and the other type to come from the other parent. It has been this way for a long time... So, for example, if your trying to breed a Nightstalker Dragon (purple/blue) you could breed Diamond with Aether to avoid getting a Night Dragon fail since both the purple and blue would be on the same side. If you breed Water and Magic to get the Nightstalker you have the possibility to get all purple/blue hybrids and a Night Dragon since one of the required types for black would come from each breeding parent.
    Last edited by knj00; 12-30-14 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by knj00 View Post
    If your getting Pink types from this combo (Lightspeed/Kabuki) it is most definitely a bug. The breeding has NEVER worked like that. Yes, those dragons have the types needed to make Pink but it shouldn't create the Pink type then create a Pink hybrid in the same breeding. In order to get a minor type hybrid (Pink in your case) you have always needed one of the breeding parents to have the minor type.

So, it could be only 3 things: 1) You were mistaken on what you bred to get Pixie 2)TL has changed the breeding rules 3)This is another bug....

No matter which one of these it is I can guarantee that going by the normal breeding rules TL has for the Pink type (since Dec. 2012) getting a Pink type hybrid from your pair should not be possible.

There are many times when you can get offspring with types from only one of the breeding parents but creating a minor type is different.

All minor types (Purple too even though it's not a minor type) require one of the types to come from one parent and the other type to come from the other parent. It has been this way for a long time... So, for example, if your trying to breed a Nightstalker Dragon (purple/blue) you could breed Diamond with Aether to avoid getting a Night Dragon fail since both the purple and blue would be on the same side. If you breed Water and Magic to get the Nightstalker you have the possibility to get all purple/blue hybrids and a Night Dragon since one of the required types for black would come from each breeding parent.

Thx for the explanation...

The breeding pair and the resulting egg are exactly as Ive written. I record every combo and the hrs so I can look it up from the calculator.

Anyway Im very happy getting the Pixie. Love this bug.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12