Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Restaurant Story - Christmas Goals - Dec 10, 2014

New Resident
    Wow thanks so much

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by VanaCatu View Post
    huh! tables! if to count all the stuff we sd buy due to quest, any goal is completely disadvantageous trick!

of course it can be done with required ovens only: one of 1st item and two of 2nd (1 of which is free).
    nothing to talk about this cd be for kids on vacation, at least during short-time recipes sticky to tablett, lol )))

but even if so, look at this:

items qtty . price . cost rewards
    wallpapers 10 x -$4 500 = -$45 000
    tiles 15 x -$2 500 = -$37 500 $2 620
    1st oven 1 x -$25 000 = -$25 000 $2 660
    garlands 4 x -$9 000 = -$36 000 $2 700
    counters 4 x -$15 000 = -$60 000
    pay for snacks 1 x -$10 000 = -$10 000 $2 775
    2nd oven 1 x -$50 000 = -$50 000 $2 880
    reindeer 1 x -$60 000 = -$60 000 $3 000
    tables 4 x -$25 000 = -$100 000
    chairs 4 x -$4 500 = -$18 000 $3 300
    north pole sign 1 x -$6 500 = -$6 500 $3 470
    master 83 srv x 3 recipes 1st oven . . . . . $180 016
    master 83 srv x 3 recipes 2nd oven . . . . (approx/max) $268 000
    total -$448 000 $471 421
    profit $23 421

see? it already shows that profit converges to zero even having only 3 ovens in total.
    buying anything (especially ovens) on top of required - leads to minus.

so our profits are only from basic appliances, and we are doing goals just for fun (-:

(i mean untill we have wht to master in our restaurants. when everyth's done, we can of course cook more to turn back some money spent in quests)

(btw, little trick "any wallpapers go" that seems to be helpful, doesn't really work after certain time playing: we have only 1 type x$25, 2 types x$100, 1 type x$600, and 9 types x$1k..2k. all others are more than $2k.
    and we r limited by our walls, literally)))
    This is crazy. Thank you for the time and effort. This is why I lost a massive amount of money by buying 10 of the first and 8 of the second. So fully agree. The goals are meant for players who have mastered everything and have tons of reserve funds.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by neurotika View Post
    This is crazy. Thank you for the time and effort. This is why I lost a massive amount of money by buying 10 of the first and 8 of the second. So fully agree. The goals are meant for players who have mastered everything and have tons of reserve funds.
    Lower level players can do these goals, but you have to save up for chairs, tables, appliances, wallpaper, tiles, etc. in advance or restrain yourself from decorating with non goal items for a while. It helps to have an efficient layout to make more coins.I did my first goals in October with 2 of 1st appliance & 3 of 2nd appliance and finished about ten days before goals ended. In November I used 2 of 1st appliance & got impatient and got 4 of 2nd
    appliance while on last recipe. This time I used 3 of 1st appliance and have 4 of 2nd appliance and am on my second recipe. It's tempting to buy another appliance as my great neighbors have sent me enough parts, but I'll still finish in 3-4 days. In my experience, it's better to buy a lot more of the 2nd appiance as cooking times are longer & more dishes must be served, and that's when you feel you'll never finish. Buy as few of the 1st appliance as possible (2 or3) since cooking times are shorter and dishes served are fewer. The 2 hour recipes can be completed quickly if you can do them on a day off from work.

fully agree with PrairieGrass!

i'm 99lvl, i didn't yet mastered everything, but i'm not really tight in funds.
    when i started, i didn't buy any single item of decor on top of requested by goals (incl. basic "educative" goals).
    only after half a year i started to expand, decorate etc...
    not so long time ago i decided not to buy too many quests appliances, better saving for various decor which i buy as many as i wish.

anyhow i guess the main point is permanent cooking, whether u mastering or already did it... especially in view of how crazy the foodflow in RS is, lol ))
    maybe it's the reasonable balance for goals expensiveness (-:
    Last edited by VanaCatu; 12-15-14 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sayolyn View Post
    Wow thanks so much
    you are welcome (-:

i've tried to put everyth abt the christmas goals here, untill Sehana will be back to update the main post. so u can check and count yr time/expences.

gd luck (-:

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieGrass View Post
    I did my first goals in October with 2 of 1st appliance & 3 of 2nd appliance and finished about ten days before goals ended. In November I used 2 of 1st appliance & got impatient and got 4 of 2nd
    appliance while on last recipe. This time I used 3 of 1st appliance and have 4 of 2nd appliance and am on my second recipe.
    I ALWAYS only buy 3 of each goal appliance & have never had a problem finishing on time. By the time I got the Thanksgiving goals in Bakery (android)... there were only 10 days left & with 3 of each appliance, I still finished on time.

If the cooking times are very short, I only buy 2 appliances, but that only happened twice that I can remember.

New Resident
    The news feed isn't always correct.....

New Resident
    Does anyone know...if I already HAVE some of these items that are required to buy, will it show up as, for example, 2/4 instead of 0/4? I already have the required tables and chairs, and 2 of the sleigh counters. If the ones previously purchased count, I want to start buying all of the items I'm going to need as I get enough money. I just don't want to be screwed when I actually get there and have to buy 4 MORE plus what I already have...kwim?
    Last edited by km56422; 12-20-14 at 10:59 PM.

sorry, but u sd never buy anything during goals time.
    nothing bought before u get resp. goal will count.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by VanaCatu View Post
    sorry, but u sd never buy anything during goals time.
    nothing bought before u get resp. goal will count.
    I was afraid of that. Thank you. I'll know better for next time...I took a hiatus from RS after finishing the new-chef goals and this is my first time participating in this type of goal series.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast