Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cooked food

Sorry for posting twice, can't edit for whatever reason.

EDIT to add links:

Ok here is a layout you DON'T want to do right now, to sell food the FASTEST--
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....ght=efficiency

A note on door blocking and instant or quick sales as I mentioned above--some get lucky and it never happens--

Quote Originally Posted by DaojinWildfire View Post
    The game will usually quick-sell all of your inventory if you block the door to your store. When you block the door, you may not see the customers coming in, but our system will still recognize them walking in and buying your items. When you open your door again, the consumption that took place while your door was blocked catches up, which is why it looks like you instantly lost all of your items.
    If you want to avoid the quick-sell, don't block your door.

Trying to find a pic of the "right" way to do it. But really pretty self explanatory, just have 1 to 3 chairs and tables the customers can "reach". You can still leave out your other tables and chairs for decoration and or tipping purposes. Heck, if you have loads of neighbors, use the whole space for tables so you don't have to clear so often! Just make sure customers are blocked from getting to them.
    Gift parts daily, tip when I can, I do not post on walls just to say I tipped and gifted, that's what the news feed is for!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PoisonThorne View Post
    I have heard sometimes when you un-block your door your food can "instant" sell. Meaning yes you still make the money for your food, but it kind of backfires if you are looking to stockpile and keep from selling out. What the players above are saying is that it is better to completely block off most of your restaurant and have 1 or 2 tables and chairs that the customers can still get to and eat. Yes your rating will go down from angry customers who cant find a seat. But the rating really doesn't have much to do with anything or matter much. As soon as you have enough food to reopen, your smiley will go back to 100 in a matter of minutes. I would put 2 to 3 tables + the host podium at most. WAY too many efficiency layouts with around 8 chairs to sell FASTER out there lol! I'll try to locate the threads if no one beats me to it!

I have had that "instant" selling happen to me when the door was never blocked at all. This is not us being reprimanded by the game, it's just a glitch. Would be most welcomed in my restaurant right now, toooooo much food, I want more floor space for Christmas stuff lol

Quote Originally Posted by dll137 View Post
    I have had that "instant" selling happen to me when the door was never blocked at all. This is not us being reprimanded by the game, it's just a glitch. Would be most welcomed in my restaurant right now, toooooo much food, I want more floor space for Christmas stuff lol
    Wow, I wish I had this problem in RS. Happens all of the time in BS but I'm always running out of food in RS. Maybe try that efficiency layout? I find it a bit ugly but I have used it in BS and it does work but takes a week or two(depending on how much food you have) and I'm too impatient!
    Gift parts daily, tip when I can, I do not post on walls just to say I tipped and gifted, that's what the news feed is for!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PoisonThorne View Post
    Wow, I wish I had this problem in RS. Happens all of the time in BS but I'm always running out of food in RS. Maybe try that efficiency layout? I find it a bit ugly but I have used it in BS and it does work but takes a week or two(depending on how much food you have) and I'm too impatient!
    I was just reading about the efficiently lay out! Weird! Lol I'm going to be boggled all night at how to implement it in my restaurant without completely redoing everything which I JUST did less then a week ago haha but am quitting smoking so I need lots of good distractions anyway! thanks for the tip!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12