Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Collecting Gold from Treasure Dragons

Executive Chef
    I'm new to this treasure dragon thing.. I just bought Treasure, Goldleaf and Goldwing thank goodness for the sale! Anyway, I plan to place those 3 in their own habitats, so if I understood it correctly, I must collect every 24 hours in order to obtain 5 gold (in epic form)? And is the 24 hour timer based on the last time I collected gold from the habitat? I've read somewhere to add a few mins to your personal timer after every collection to be sure that you won't lose gold by the minute... does it apply to 1 dragon per habitat too? I'm still lost at what the best strategy to this thing is.. xD

Executive Chef
    If you will have 3 habitats with only 1 dragon, yeah, collect every 24hrs, but leave a couple minutes so you collect 5 gold and not 4, I already collect exactly 24hrs after, and got 4 gold instead of 5 xD

Another thing, you can only have 3 Treasure Terrace per island, you can have 6 gold dragons, and if you want to now a perfect time, now, to collect when haveing 2 epic gold dragons in one habitat, just choose to collect every 10hrs, or every 12hrs, it's almost the same you're the one who choose

Good luck with your Gold Dragons!

Nightclub Owner
    Just on a side note; wanted to let everyone know if you didn't already that you do not get bombs for evolving Gold Dragons I just took two off the nest and have 0 bombs. So I guess I'm going to have to evaluate the situation between collecting bombs for mining vs. evolving my new Golds as soon as possible.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Executive Chef
    I just collect gold whenever I see the gold icon above the habitats.

I still get plenty of gold from my 2 dragons and it is far less stressful than playing to a timetable.
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    Just on a side note; wanted to let everyone know if you didn't already that you do not get bombs for evolving Gold Dragons I just took two off the nest and have 0 bombs. So I guess I'm going to have to evaluate the situation between collecting bombs for mining vs. evolving my new Golds as soon as possible.
    I receive bombs from gold dragons, on my second account, whenever I take a dragon from the evolution temple, it doesn't appear the message that I've received a certain number of bombs, but when I go to the mine, I have more bombs than I had before.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by cocauina View Post
    I receive bombs from gold dragons, on my second account, whenever I take a dragon from the evolution temple, it doesn't appear the message that I've received a certain number of bombs, but when I go to the mine, I have more bombs than I had before.
    Strange because I also don't get the little bomb pop ups anymore either, but I specifically went to the mine and didn't see any bombs. I'll try to force close/reinstall; maybe it's a bug on my end.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    Strange because I also don't get the little bomb pop ups anymore either, but I specifically went to the mine and didn't see any bombs. I'll try to force close/reinstall; maybe it's a bug on my end.
    Your original message said that you didn't get bombs from taking two dragons off the nest--but the bombs come from the evolution temple.

Speaking of evolution, beware that if you keep two dragons in one habitat, the gold timer resets every time you take a dragon out of the evolution temple and put it back in the habitat. So use a separate habitat for the evolving dragons if you can, and if you can't, wait until you've just collected gold to take a dragon out of the temple, feed it immediately, and put it back in the temple for the next round.
    Last edited by rosewaterlily; 12-02-14 at 10:29 AM.

Nightclub Owner
    Whoops, guess the bug was in my brain!

Thanks for the advice about taking Gold Dragons in and out of the habitat. Will definitely keep that in mind.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cocauina View Post
    If you will have 3 habitats with only 1 dragon, yeah, collect every 24hrs, but leave a couple minutes so you collect 5 gold and not 4, I already collect exactly 24hrs after, and got 4 gold instead of 5 xD
    Thanks for the tip! I will remember to do that as soon as I get my 3 babies to epic. Rushing to evolve them now. XD

Quote Originally Posted by rosewaterlily View Post
    Speaking of evolution, beware that if you keep two dragons in one habitat, the gold timer resets every time you take a dragon out of the evolution temple and put it back in the habitat. So use a separate habitat for the evolving dragons if you can, and if you can't, wait until you've just collected gold to take a dragon out of the temple, feed it immediately, and put it back in the temple for the next round.
    Hmmm so the 24-hour timer of the gold dragons depend on the moment they were fished out of the evolution temple? So does that mean, on their last stage of evolution, if I want to be able to collect from my 3 dragons in 3 separate habitats all at the same time, I must take them out of the temple at the exact same moment?

What if I forgot to collect at the 24 hour mark... say, I collect after 30 hours they would still have 5 gold each habitat right (assuming that they are now epic)? But what will happen to the next 24-hour cycle? Will it restart after I collect at the 30th hour or...? Sorry for all the questions!

Quote Originally Posted by ciarjen View Post
    I just collect gold whenever I see the gold icon above the habitats.

I still get plenty of gold from my 2 dragons and it is far less stressful than playing to a timetable.
    Maybe when I break-even then I can be more relaxed when it comes to collecting gold.. but for now I must play on a schedule if I want to quickly get back all the gold I spent on them lol

Fashion Designer
    So is the easiest way to get 5 gold is to have one epic dragon in one habitat? I only have 3 treasure Dragons right now...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12