Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fashion Story Update 11-25-2014

Executive Chef
    I have no idea why people are complaining. We practically begged for racial diversity and here it is on a silver platter!!! And it's all beautiful! Granted that it could have waited until Chinese New Year but we already had a Thanksgiving update so I am thankful for this. Also, there is nothing about the Chinese that is similar to the Japanese. Sure, they're both Asian Orientals but both countries each have their own culture and rich history. I would never pair both this update and the Japanese items together. It would seem very disrespectful.

It's a lovely update, TL, thank you. Although it is, once again, very pricey, I still really like this update.
    Last edited by Ic3e; 11-25-14 at 09:28 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ic3e View Post
    I have no idea why people are complaining. We practically begged for racial diversity and here it is on a silver platter!!! And it's all beautiful! Granted that it could have waited until Chinese New Year but we already had a Thanksgiving update so I am thankful for this. Also, there is nothing about the Chinese that is similar to the Japanese. Sure, they're both Asian Orientals but both countries each have their own culture and rich history. I would never pair both this update and the Japanese items together. It would seem very disrespectful.

It's a lovely update, TL, thank you. Although it is, once again, very pricey, I still really like this update.
    Everyone likes the LTO, I don't think the complaints are about that. I personally think the colors are great for this time of year as well.
    There isn't much to work with, however, so I feel forced to put the Japanese and few coin Chinese items together. For one thing, the lantern dividers could easily be Japanese (the Japanese lanterns IN THE GAME look similar already). The cabinet actually looks more like something a modern Geisha might use to get ready, although it has a stool, and neither culture sits at a vanity with a stool, both would historically sit on the floor.

This update has very little that says China to me, which is sad as it a beautiful culture with beautiful clothes. The catalogue is certainly correct, but I wish the Cheongsam from the catalogue had some embroidery or other decoration on it if they were going to make it beige.

Anyway, overall I like the update, it's just minor complaints, and the fact that 66 gems is just CRAZY TALK!
    Last edited by jewelfang; 11-26-14 at 12:45 AM.

I don't think anyone's confusing chinese with japanese, but as jewelfang said we're all trying to be creative and fresh with a limited palette from TL Compared to other cultures the jump between the two for some items is smaller. My okiya is also Meiji era so it's got a mix of some antiques from the west, bicycles, and so on.

Others have stated it would be unfair to other cultures to have another Japanese update... so for the last few months I've been secretly wishing for a Chinese update as the closest next best thing... Go TeleKinesis!

I'm a Chinese, so was kinda surprised when I saw we got a Asian theme. So thank you TL! I agreed with most that the LTO is gorgeous and well detailed. But the 66 gems price tag is a mood ****er! Same goes to the Craft Stand which is just 1x1 and looks so tiny but cost 26 gems. =.=" Though I do like the mirror table, chaise lounge and the lantern divider is simply lovely! As for the catalog, the Cheongsam is nice but look kinda dull. It will be so much better if the color is brighter instead. Bring on the BFS, I'm so ready to re-decorate my shop! I'm actually counting down to the day we get the sales. Lol XD

Lets see what we get for BFS before I decide if I should get the LTO or not. 66 gems is a tough decision! Hmmm~
    ★ MiNiDeMoN ★
    ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ Always expect the unexpected to happen in TeamLavaLand.✿◕ ‿ ◕✿
    Proud member of the 0 Star Club!
    ❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡
    > Sorry, no longer accept neighbor currently. All invitation will be declined. < Thank you!

Rhino Keeper
    Just look at all the colors on those gowns in the LTO!

Scarlet Red!
    Bright Gold!
    Emerald Green!
    Black Purple & Gold!
    Sapphire Blue!

I thought for sure we would finally get a colorful catalog! But what color is the catalog? Beige?? For the third week in a row?

I give up.

Executive Chef
    I mentioned the high prices of the LTOs on the moderator's forum. Here's what I posted and the response.

Originally Posted by IsisGarden
    There is a lot of concern about the increase in the price of the LTOs in Fashion Story lately.
    Recently, there have been LTOs that I didn't buy because they were too pricey even for me (and I always buy the LTOs). At one time, the prices ranged from 35-50 Gems. Now, they range from 45-65 Gems. The players are very frustrated by this and are very concerned about it.

Is there a reason for this price increase? Will the new price range (45-60 Gems) continue? Will the price of the LTOs get any higher? Any information regarding this matter will be helpful. Thanks.

Thank you! I have shared this with our team for future consideration and they appreciate the feedback that you passed on for us.
    Sometimes, you just gotta shake your head, so you won't pop off at the mouth.

#sometimesifeellikeanupdatelesschild

Not adding neighbors at this time. All requests will be declined.
    ❤️Love ya, IsisGarden (Fashion Story Moderator)
    Ft Support Help: Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com

With the 40% off GEM sale and my lack of intrest/need for the BF content I went ahead and got one of the LTO. It's a beautiful display. I'm happy for the GEM sale and opportunity before it expired.

Yeah, the disappointing bf sales just made my life much easier. So LTO here I come! XD

Or should I wait for next year for this LTO to get discounted? Hmmm~ And the though of re-decorating my shop give me nightmares! =/
    ★ MiNiDeMoN ★
    ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ Always expect the unexpected to happen in TeamLavaLand.✿◕ ‿ ◕✿
    Proud member of the 0 Star Club!
    ❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡
    > Sorry, no longer accept neighbor currently. All invitation will be declined. < Thank you!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by minidemon88 View Post
    Yeah, the disappointing bf sales just made my life much easier. So LTO here I come! XD

Or should I wait for next year for this LTO to get discounted? Hmmm~ And the though of re-decorating my shop give me nightmares! =/
    It's too pretty to pass up and next year can be a wash. No guarantee they will give us something so amazing again. Im deciding which racks go with this so I can figure out a design element around it. Stupid mistake made me unable to afford this on my 2nd account and I'm too tired from trying to complete the bakery goals to order short timed clothing to get the last 10 gems needed.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopeanut View Post
    With the 40% off GEM sale and my lack of intrest/need for the BF content I went ahead and got one of the LTO. It's a beautiful display. I'm happy for the GEM sale and opportunity before it expired.
    snap

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast