Thread: Versions of the game

Rhino Keeper

Question Versions of the game

I don't understand how versions of the game work.

I started with BS Honey and then read on here about a new Thanksgiving game, so I downloaded it from the Playstore, but as far as I can see the games are the same. I found the same thing with the Candy game.

What am I missing here? Do I need to download the other games to avoid missing out on something?

Sorry if this is such a basic question.

There really isn't much difference besides looks. They come out with new versions to keep it fresh and offer new ways to earn gems....for instance a screen will pop up saying you will be rewarded 6 gems for downloading the new version. Another thing is when it is holiday season, you will have goals, when you complete them you earn and unlock items that you cannot normally buy and this thanksgiving people who play on android devices did not receive the goals unless they downloaded the thanksgiving version. you do not have to play any specific version but for goals sometimes you will need to if you want the new goals etc..and fyi, you don't have to keep both versions if you download a different one you can delete the other, you wont lose anything since they are all the same and tied together by your storm id. Hope this helped you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyB111 View Post
    I don't understand how versions of the game work.

I started with BS Honey and then read on here about a new Thanksgiving game, so I downloaded it from the Playstore, but as far as I can see the games are the same. I found the same thing with the Candy game.

What am I missing here? Do I need to download the other games to avoid missing out on something?

Sorry if this is such a basic question.
    Dngdong

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks that does help, but the bit I don't understand is that I play using an Android tablet and did get Thanksgiving goals to play. I'd already started cooking using my Turkey cookers & got my pilgrim planters. Maybe though this explains why some of us moaned about buying Thanksgiving items only to find those same items were part of later goals.

I really only downloaded the Thanksgiving version in case I was missing out on something!

Reading this board regularly seems like a good idea to avoid the pitfalls. I'm just not very patient!

PS I am all for earning gems!

The Honorable Panda
    It is always important to try and play the most current version of the game. New versions not only will have new items, they may also include some back-in bug fixes for the game.
    The most current version has the highest version number. If the version numbers are the same, then you can play any of those versions.

I always suggest downloading any new version to see if there are any new items. If everything new is also in other version then you can go back to that one.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request