Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manticore Whiskers

Manticore Whiskers

Is the Manticore the only way to get manticore whiskers?

I've been searching the threads for well over an hour but haven't found an answer that I like. Lol. My eyes are starting to cross so I'm checking here to see if anything has changed with this that I haven't been able to find. ( If not, then Maybe TL would consider adding this as an option for requesting from neighbours or adding it as a 'once in a while' drop from something??? )

I was getting them every drop from the manticore until I got to the quest where I needed them. Now I've used most of what I had stored and pretty much every drop is now fur pelts with a whisker every once in a great while. I remembered too late that someone had said never to let your storage get below 20 for any given item or the drop rate decreases dramatically. <slaps forehead> So am now working on getting it back up to 20 before I can continue with the quests in this goal....and hoping there is another way to speed the process up.

Nightclub Owner
    In Short:

manticore whiskers comes from manticore only

Drop rate does not change in regards to your inventory stock.

I have 6 manticores, but rarely pet them. I am full of all I need (craft all I can with it), except pelts that drop per truck load from all the other sources.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Executive Chef
    Strangely I'm maxed on whiskers and had enough to do the relevant task when it came along, I'm now tapping Manti in the hope he drops Mysterious Venom. It'll probably seem like he'll drop more once you don't need it but I'm sure it's all in the head, like monsters attacking every 5 minutes for 2 days then 2 days you don't see any of them just when you have a task to beat a few up. Just keep collecting 3 times a day and you'll get there. I'm sure I progress slower than others but manage to be enough stocked when the relevant task comes along, for example, I've stopped Glimmergate quest to get my dragon, so I have the scales when I need the so I'm not frustrated at not progressing.

Ok, thanks to both of you.

I had enough whiskers to go quite a ways but now am halted at upgrading the garden maze (I have 4 of the 5 needed mythic essences so I need 10 whiskers to make one more) and once I do that, I'll need 30 more whiskers to make the 3 essences needed for the blythwood sapling. I hope that's it for a little while. I didn't even know the manticore dropped pelts until the last few days. I always got whiskers from it. Oh well. You're right, I'll get there eventually. I'm not really that impatient but I thought I would check to see if there were ways of getting more that I didn't know about.

Oh, so the inventory stock info received before wasn't accurate. That's good to know. I'll be using the whiskers as they come in then instead of trying to build up to 20 for a base line. Ya, I just have the one manticore so it's taking me a bit longer.

Thanks again for the help.

Executive Chef
    Oh goodie, a future use for whiskers. I haven't got the maze yet. Yippee!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleScorpion76 View Post
    Oh goodie, a future use for whiskers. I haven't got the maze yet. Yippee!
    Lol. Yes....stock up on those whiskers. or if you have access to brewing mythic essence, stocking up on a few of those would help you. I was maxed out on whiskers before I started with that goal. Lol

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonThruTime View Post
    Lol. Yes....stock up on those whiskers. or if you have access to brewing mythic essence, stocking up on a few of those would help you. I was maxed out on whiskers before I started with that goal. Lol
    No access to mythic essence yet, but as with the magic cement I will start making as soon as is possible. I hate seeing the maxed out box. So will relish collecting from Manti without it

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleScorpion76 View Post
    No access to mythic essence yet, but as with the magic cement I will start making as soon as is possible. I hate seeing the maxed out box. So will relish collecting from Manti without it
    Good plan.

I know what you mean. Especially when you come to a quest when you could really use all the extras that went by the wayside while being maxed. I'm going...noooooooo, come back lol Good luck when you reach that goal. Enjoy!

Executive Chef
    Will do!

Nightclub Owner
    Mystic Essence is a good way to get ride of the all those whiskers, but I am maxed out on mysric essence as well. My manticore are only good to drop furs right now.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast