Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remember when?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by freshfunin2008 View Post
    I remember when you could actually play the game with out falling in to gold traps due to lag / latency issues on the server side. When you tap on collect farms you should not have a new screen come up and find out you have just selected to buy something using gold. I didn't tap on buy or go to market because that screen was not the current screen when I tapped twice or three times.
    I've stepped into a gold-trap 3-4 times since I started playing, lost +/- 50 gold that way (I'm playing for almost 2 years now). It's never been due to server-side lag, always because I was trying to be too quick. The times it's laggy, it's usually due to my own connection, or to my clogged memory: a reboot for the iPad or modem and router usually helps.

Quote Originally Posted by eboats View Post
    And how much total have you sunk into this game to have a virtual collection you can't do anything with?
    Don't be so negative. It's not nice to others. Actually, you should be glad that people spent money on the game, because without them, TL would be forced to search for other means of making money, or the game would ceased to exist.

I?ve spent +/- 60 euro on this game, in 2 years. I don't have all the dragons, but I do have 277 unique dragons, and no shortage on habitats yet (96 out of 130).

I'm impressed to see people spend this much money on this game. Would never do it myself, because to me it's also a kick to get dragons without buying. A bought dragon to me is less worth than a dragon I got through dedication and hard work. That's why I despice the Spin-the-Wheel: it's just total luck.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaboe View Post
    I've stepped into a gold-trap 3-4 times since I started playing, lost +/- 50 gold that way (I'm playing for almost 2 years now). It's never been due to server-side lag, always because I was trying to be too quick. The times it's laggy, it's usually due to my own connection, or to my clogged memory: a reboot for the iPad or modem and router usually helps.

Don't be so negative. It's not nice to others. Actually, you should be glad that people spent money on the game, because without them, TL would be forced to search for other means of making money, or the game would ceased to exist.

I?ve spent +/- 60 euro on this game, in 2 years. I don't have all the dragons, but I do have 277 unique dragons, and no shortage on habitats yet (96 out of 130).

I'm impressed to see people spend this much money on this game. Would never do it myself, because to me it's also a kick to get dragons without buying. A bought dragon to me is less worth than a dragon I got through dedication and hard work. That's why I despice the Spin-the-Wheel: it's just total luck.
    Breeding is total luck as well. It's no different from the wheel. I am just wondering how people justify the money investment for those that have spent hundreds/thousands. In most other games you are able to do things with in game purchases. In this game you simply assemble an in game collection. Collectors like to complete their collections. It is not possible to complete the collection in this game without buying better habitats, speeding up event stuff, and speed breeding. Pretty much every aspect of this game requires cash if you want a complete collection. All dragons can't even currently be housed, and you can't really design an island anymore because space is so limited. The islands with tons of dragons are just habitats jammed together, and lack any sort of unique layout. It's also frustrating that you quickly reach a point where the coins your dragons generate become meaningless. There was a time long ago where coins mattered.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12