Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Limited gifts

Quote Originally Posted by birdlady1950 View Post
    I just want to state to the TL team that 3 gifts a day are just not enough, I have over 400 nbrs, true well over half of them are not active, but still, say 100 are active, how do I gift with only 3 a day. U need to increase this, I have noticed the wall posting agree with me, help us to help our nbrs by increasing the amount even if it is only by 2
    I agree 100%. Why did CS encourage me to reach out and get neighbors and then not let me gift them???

Rhino Keeper
    3 is just ridiculous. utterly utterly ridiculous. Connecting neighbours is encouraged by goals as part of the game. I am better off just keeping my 3 best ones then. At least that way we can gift each other every day.

I legitimately am sad when I gift to my neighbors, because I have to pick only 3 out of my many neighbors! It's absurd. It should be changed so that you can gift every neighbor once a day, like every other storm8 game out there. In complete and total honesty, it makes me question whether I should invite others to this game, because if I share it with my friends, I'll feel bad that I can send them gifts to help them out.

Is there anyone that is a part of TeamLava or Storm8 or whatever it's actually called (the network of.. well... workers) that can provide any word of whether there will be change or not? (Sorry if someone already has, I went straight to commenting before reading.)

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    I will pass on the comments in this thread to the Community Managers (TL staff). this suggestion has been made a lot of times before though. thanks all!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    I will pass on the comments in this thread to the Community Managers (TL staff). this suggestion has been made a lot of times before though. thanks all!
    Thanks SW. 3/day is really meager... 5/day would not be outrageous by any standards. Is that really so much to ask for? I think not. Thanks again.
    Thuakie Sword #22

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleScorpion76 View Post
    I had 27 last week, 40 today. I have 2 in CS. I've stopped looking in both for different reasons. In CS 1 is too late to complete before the next potential update. Needs too much of 3 resources. The other could take a month to complete so I'm just trying to work on that to keep it going while I keep my other resources topped up. In DS well got a tip to use 2 dragons of 4 elements to keep getting a variety. I tend to build one habitat or clear one expansion a day. I'm no longer running to quests there. I might get bored after a while but who knows.
    Lol Now I am up to 48 in DS.
    my Goal book is invisible until today's update in CS.
    DS I feel relies almost totally on luck,
    I got many kinds of Dragons ( following the Goal's explanations) except the ones needed to achieve the goals !
    I had to sell Ultra Rare eggs bcz I don't have the money to buy the habitat!
    It is really annoying how one combination ( 2 or 3 colors) gives multiple kinds of dragons, except the one you need lol!
    That's why I am not really interested in playing it anymore, My luck is just awful lol.
    I traded so much gems and got the Topaz Dragon lol that could give an idea of how recurrent the same dragons are appearing.
    💎💎Gem confirmation button please!💎💎

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LavaRain8 View Post
    I'm sure some people will still find it enjoyable enough, just like with DS, but the entire package (of both) just seems a bit more off-putting to me over the other Story games I do play. CS seems to require a LOT more logins to be efficient than other games. You need a lot of the 15 min. stone blocks and wood beams, so best to always keep going back and making more in your two workshops, not sure if that changes later. Then you need to use said items to make the Fancy ones. Not only to build new buildings, but to upgrade.

All the while juggling your energy usage, that you must use to keep up your wood/rock supplies, and collect from buildings, and 1 for each farm plot, etc. Once you get all that you can get, which isn't everything sometimes, you have to just wait until it recharges to go back and do the rest. By that time, other things could have refreshed and you're stuck with the energy management issue again. Whereas some games I can just do a few longer actions and still make decent progress, I feel like this one needs you to use up the energy or it's just being wasted at full, as you can't acquire more than the max. Along with waiting for rare drops as you're accomplishing said tasks.

So, I dunno. I like the theme of it and the location has potential to fix up to make it look interesting the further along you get. It's just the getting there part that has me apprehensive. Not entirely done with it yet, so still giving it a chance for now since I do see some potential in it.
    It is always hard to achieve goals at first in every game.
    However, I agree that CS needs more logins, energy management is key, a defined and flexible strategy , of what you want to achieve first, depending on what you have in your goalbook, and how many to juggle at a given time.
    That is what I like about CS story and hooked me from the get go.
    DS on the other hand is repetive, at least for me,
    e.g. hatch dragons, expand, clear your expansions for gazillions of coins, buy habitats etc.

CS story is a very interesting game if you have patience, time and don't get frustrated easily
    And believe me once you're hooked, you might get addicted to it
    Good luck in whatever you decide though
    Last edited by Liloze; 11-21-14 at 09:49 AM.
    💎💎Gem confirmation button please!💎💎

New Resident
    I didn't realize that gifting takes items from my inventory. Also, how do I request items?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mzbuns View Post
    I didn't realize that gifting takes items from my inventory. Also, how do I request items?
    Gifting doesn't take items form inventory, gifted items will be put in the inventory.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Mzbuns View Post
    There really aren't any efficient ways to request items. You can post on your wall that you need an item. You can send gifts of what you need to neighbors and hope they return one of the same. (A post on their wall might help here.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12