Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sale for gems

It's funny because I seem to be in an unlimited sale since September. If it goes away, the next day it is back. I purchased gems earlier in September when I was in the hospital to help increase my game and give me something to do during treatment, and after a gem trap I decided never to buy again, as I find it unethical and a terrible mindset for a company to have, so will only play for free and enjoy the game without giving them anything in return, a stance I know several players have taken. Since then it seems the sale is just always there which I find ironic.

But just today I lost 100 gems, and I try to be so careful (serves me right for trying to save up to buy something nice I guess as I really wanted the fortune teller tent so decided to go for it and save) and nothing I can do about it, and those were 100 gems earned through the game and took a long time, so feeling really bummed right now about it. A simple confirmation button is all we are asking for and I know so many players would be willing to buy gems again.
    Proud Owner: Dolphin Palace
    Play often, help w/ requests & gifts. Looking for 1-2 40+ to exchange wisps I have great neighbors I gift but they?re often full. I gift back in order so it would be 1-2 days

Love the game & aesthetics, want it to look real/fun & true! During quests sadly aesthetics put aside for collections, but happy when over. Have expansions to improve as well!
    Still part of the confirmation button club!

Life is more fun if you play games" - Roald Dahl 

Rhino Keeper
    I play on IOS (iPhone 5 and iPhone 6) and I do get gems for installing and playing games. My goals do not show a reward, but when I get to the level mentioned, I get a gem reward. Usually 15 gems to install and play the first 2-3 goals then 30 gems to get to the last goal level.

That is how I discovered this game and been hooked ever since....

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    To clarify guys, there is not a "no sale List". Gems sales do go out randomly and even though you have not gotten one in a while does not mean that you will never get another one.
    Kooky, I've been playing since early March with no gem sale. That's a VERY long time to be denied the benefit that most players receive. Whether it's a no-sale "list" or no-sale "group", the wording is mere semantics.

Quote Originally Posted by janddolphins View Post
    It's funny because I seem to be in an unlimited sale since September. If it goes away, the next day it is back. I purchased gems earlier in September when I was in the hospital to help increase my game and give me something to do during treatment, and after a gem trap I decided never to buy again, as I find it unethical and a terrible mindset for a company to have, so will only play for free and enjoy the game without giving them anything in return, a stance I know several players have taken. Since then it seems the sale is just always there which I find ironic.

But just today I lost 100 gems, and I try to be so careful (serves me right for trying to save up to buy something nice I guess as I really wanted the fortune teller tent so decided to go for it and save) and nothing I can do about it, and those were 100 gems earned through the game and took a long time, so feeling really bummed right now about it. A simple confirmation button is all we are asking for and I know so many players would be willing to buy gems again.
    I hope the hospital treated u well and ur feeling better! xoxo

100! That's brutal. Takes so long to save up 100 and then get robbed in second. So sorry to hear that. At least in RL u would be able to call the police and report the crooks ...
    Happy about new neighbors, just say you?re from the forum. I recently went from 275 down to 77. I get that ppl give up on CS.

CharmOfLea is an ancient gamer?s account, holla if you stormed me on GOW.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bookadey View Post
    I play on IOS (iPhone 5 and iPhone 6) and I do get gems for installing and playing games. My goals do not show a reward, but when I get to the level mentioned, I get a gem reward. Usually 15 gems to install and play the first 2-3 goals then 30 gems to get to the last goal level.

That is how I discovered this game and been hooked ever since....
    I think the point is they are quests given by the baron, I think there is a legalality that it's done this way.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by CharmOfLea View Post

100! That's brutal. Takes so long to save up 100 and then get robbed in second. So sorry to hear that. At least in RL u would be able to call the police and report the crooks ...
    But it is RL.

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOfLea View Post

Thanks, yeah unfortunately I am in the hosptial and doing treatments a lot which is where games like this can come in handy to pass time when I am not up for homework from my grad program. But yep lesson learned, although I agree with others here it is real life since on several occasions I have put real money into a game. But I have tried this battle and learned that TL is just a small part of a much larger parent company and this is pocket change to them which is why they could care less if I get upset feel it is unfair and lose me as a paying costumer. Not the right way to practice business if you ask me, but then again how many companies out for money are fair or loyal to their customers? TL is just another greedy company and for me the way I see it now I will just enjoy the gsme for free and not give anything back to show my appreciation, which is something I would have gladly done on a regular basis if not for their poor ethics.

As for the sale just another aspect that seems unfair. I have one that won't go away and won't use it for months whereas other players who, although personally I don't know why, are willing to give money to TL for gems with their trap, don't get the chance for at least regular sales.
    Proud Owner: Dolphin Palace
    Play often, help w/ requests & gifts. Looking for 1-2 40+ to exchange wisps I have great neighbors I gift but they?re often full. I gift back in order so it would be 1-2 days

Love the game & aesthetics, want it to look real/fun & true! During quests sadly aesthetics put aside for collections, but happy when over. Have expansions to improve as well!
    Still part of the confirmation button club!

Life is more fun if you play games" - Roald Dahl 

Rhino Keeper
    I was this close (fingers slightly apart) to buying some gems when I got hit with 3 gem traps (almost 60 gems) today!!! Definitely not spending any money on this game even tho I absolutely love it. TL needs to fix this. Don't they know they could actually 'make' money if they made it fair. I'd be willing to spend a few bucks if I were guaranteed I wouldn't lose them to clicking too quick.

Fashion Designer
    people people! Hear ye, for a possible "fix" for gem traps!!!
    as soon as you fall into the TRAP, instantly close your game and turn your wifi/data OFF. Wait maybe a few minutes and restart the game!
    There's a LAG in the game "syncing" to the online version so if you cut it off instantly from wifi and open it up again the gem trap most likely will have not been "logged" !!
    just trying to help!
    as far as gem sales, I get them fairly often... It would be cool if once in a great while the'd go on like 1/2 off sale!!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jbfps116 View Post
    people people! Hear ye, for a possible "fix" for gem traps!!!
    as soon as you fall into the TRAP, instantly close your game and turn your wifi/data OFF. Wait maybe a few minutes and restart the game!
    There's a LAG in the game "syncing" to the online version so if you cut it off instantly from wifi and open it up again the gem trap most likely will have not been "logged" !!
    just trying to help!
    as far as gem sales, I get them fairly often... It would be cool if once in a great while the'd go on like 1/2 off sale!!
    Thanks!!!! Will definitely try that next time! ��

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12