Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving, predictions and preparations from experienced players

Quote Originally Posted by ciarjen View Post
    There were some quests last year for Thanksgiving/Christmas which caught people out who didn't have large resources in stock. The timings were not good also and what with random drops from quests and "holiday" items which stopped dropping after Thanksgiving which confused people like me in the UK who thought "holiday" applied to Christmas. There were lots of unfinished Pergolas and Kingdom Inns. The Christmas trees, some you bought with coins, some with gems but you were supposed to buy them to chop them down before Christmas. It was very odd .....there were lots of complaints during this time but I think TL learned a lot and subsequent events have been reasonable to achieve.

Since then a lot of people have become hoarders of resources. I don't think you can plan because we don't know what they will have in store for us this year but it makes sense to keep your resources as close to maximum as possible.

I would suggest only doing trades in the exchange when you are close to maxing out unless it is the eggs and milk which are very quick to replenish if you need them. I would also suggest keeping all your crops close to 99. If an update began with "give 75 carrots" there will be many players who will do it instantly. If you have to grow those carrots, you may end up a couple of days behind. Silver and fur are very often required and not easy to obtain if you need them quick. It is always a good idea to have plenty of inks of different colours and also max stocks on all your petals and some stocks of your basics like beams, blocks, glues. Keep your saps stock high too just in case you need to make some more. In fact it may be easy just to check every item you have in your inventory which is low and aim to get it higher if you can, lol.

As far as food is concerned aim for stocks of the basics sugar, flours and chocolates in case of new recipes which need them and have a few feasts for each of the adventures we currently have, just in case you need to send then knights out on them.

And don't forget we have been given opportunities to get and make faerie blocks, beams and pastes. Do not be surprised to see if we need them soon.
    Now I understand why ppl go "Restock! Restock! Restock!", ehehehe. I also went thru an old Thanksgiving thread, obviously there was a disaster concerning the eligibility for certain quests of non-US-resident players (and even Americans in selected States were not spared).... Anyway, I've decided to check the forum first before I load even 1 carrot into any type of anything during the coming Holidays.
    *Going back to my kingdom to inquire on the carrot numbers!

Executive Chef
    Regarding thanksgiving can you te me did the event last one or two weeks and when did it start last year?

Rhino Keeper
    Unfortunately I do not remember the exact timing, but (in relation to your other thread which I responded to) it was near American thanksgiving, not Canadian thanksgiving.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ciarjen View Post
    And don't forget we have been given opportunities to get and make faerie blocks, beams and pastes. Do not be surprised to see if we need them soon.
    I'm really hoping there won't be any timed quests requiring faerie building materials ever. The adventure, trade and workshops require such a huge resource commitment to produce any significant quantity of them. My faerie workshop sits idle most of the time and I'm just waiting on the faerie bridge to drop enough items to build the second workshop. The only reason I'd like to have 2 in any event is for that very scenario that I'm loathe to encounter, having a time limited faerie quest.

I'm wildly speculating but forcing any limited time holiday quests to use faerie building materials will eliminate a lot of players that have not reached that stage of the game which is going to decrease TL's revenue since most people aren't going to spend gems to buy every single piece of a quest.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mnjcafe View Post
    Unfortunately I do not remember the exact timing, but (in relation to your other thread which I responded to) it was near American thanksgiving, not Canadian thanksgiving.
    I can't find my original post now. Will have to have a better search.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by vednir View Post

I'm wildly speculating but forcing any limited time holiday quests to use faerie building materials will eliminate a lot of players that have not reached that stage of the game which is going to decrease TL's revenue since most people aren't going to spend gems to buy every single piece of a quest.
    I think you're completely right, I wound be incredibly surprised if TL did a holiday event for the higher level players I'm level 44 now and nowhere near faerie buildings I'm just about to hatch my dragon and just making the silver bars for Glimmergate quest line.

Fashion Designer
    I'm really hoping there won't be any timed quests requiring faerie building materials ever. The adventure, trade and workshops require such a huge resource commitment to produce any significant quantity of them. My faerie workshop sits idle most of the time and I'm just waiting on the faerie bridge to drop enough items to build the second workshop. The only reason I'd like to have 2 in any event is for that very scenario that I'm loathe to encounter, having a time limited faerie quest.

If you are in such constraints, why build a second workshop just for it too to be idle? better off saving the supplies

Executive Chef

I don't think they will be used either for an event. I just would not be surprised to see an update happen at any time which required these materials and it could be that there are more Faerie buildings to build. I'll save whatever supplies I am getting just in case. I too only have one workshop which sits idle most of the time due to the low drop rate on Fey crystals and I am reluctant to use up what supply I have of essence, just in case.....
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Rhino Keeper
    i plant a bunch of trees, usually a mix of sap and others, and water them up to be ready for chopping in case heavy amounts of wood/sap are required for the event. stockpile coins also in case of needing to buy rockpiles.

a definite +1 to stockpile all crops. if any quest requires you to harvest instead of have, you can just whip up kitchen items with that crop within the harvest time of any of them except corn.

stockpile dyes is almost a must. every event i remember requires them, and most timed quests i remember also. go heavy on yellow and red for fall. light on blue till you want to prep for xmas. thankfully this new cauldron item from the last event makes it so i never have to craft dyes again.

living wood and silver are things to stockpile. they are very hard for me to get lately. and energy granting items. i always make sure i have a magic fruit trade ready, 99 on each item for meat delivery, and up to 4 (maybe 5) faerie elixir ready to make if possible. ive never been able to make more than two of those per event but this time i think i can reach the 4 max. if its anything these past couple events have taught us its that there is no end to how much energy CS can suck out of us. i dinged from 42-43 this last event. started the event at the very tail end of 41, dinged after a couple harvests, and dinged again before the end of the event. these things need TONS of energy.

Stockpile adventures. mainly the higher level ones that have higher chances of giving more energy as rewards. so desert sands and dark caves are good ones to stockpile. i never adventure unless required by a quest or during events so i have a month and a half worth of adventures piled up (including those i could send from barracks).

Rhino Keeper
    After making the turkey animals, I remember Christmas had something to do with hot chocolate and gingerbread men.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast