Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving, predictions and preparations from experienced players

Fashion Designer

Red face Thanksgiving, predictions and preparations from experienced players

For those of you playing last year, wHat happened for Thanksgiving last year?

How are you preparing for this year? Best guesses appreciated...

Oh, and how did you all earn those Christmas trees?

Executive Chef
    The Christmas trees were for sale, for gems. They give you items when you cut them down. Some people just saved them. I don't remember if we got any for a quest or anything like that. I don't remember doing anything for Thanksgiving either, just a big event at Christmas...but just because I don't remember, doesn't mean nothing happened!
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jim23cash View Post
    The Christmas trees were for sale, for gems. They give you items when you cut them down. Some people just saved them. I don't remember if we got any for a quest or anything like that. I don't remember doing anything for Thanksgiving either, just a big event at Christmas...but just because I don't remember, doesn't mean nothing happened!
    Was it the Kingdom Inn for Thanksgiving?

Rhino Keeper
    There were several time limited quests over the holidays which produced a lot of angst amongst people. You'd do well to stock up on everything. One suggestion would be to save at least 1 of each feast to have it ready and waiting in case you need to send out an adventure as that will reduce the amount of prep time you'll need to do once any time limited quests go live.

The christmas trees last year were an utter and complete disappointment. They were choppable (who the heck chops a Christmas tree down before Christmas if you put one up?). They should have been decorations that you could collect from like the jack o lantern from halloween. Perhaps TL has learned something this year. The trees were only briefly storable as storing them allowed you to abuse an exploit and therefore any of us who have them in storage will need to decide this year whether to pull them out at all since once they're on the map they're never going to be able to be stored again which means they'll occupy space for the entire year unless you chop them down.

Rhino Keeper
    I may be getting my years confused (I can't remember if I have been playing for 1 year or 2), but some things that have happened for thanksgiving were the event where we had to dress all our animals up in turkey costumes -- which led to identity crisis in some of my animals, who now hang out at the hatchery with the chickens -- and of course the infamous harvest pergola. For the harvest pergola, you had to collect fall leaves from red or yellow acer trees and then there were several other steps to get it fully upgraded. All of the items you needed for upgrades were only available during the event so there are many of us who have incomplete pergolas sitting in our inventory instead of out in our kingdoms. The pergola drops food items and feasts.

My pergola has never dropped a feast. It seems it has usually been bread and water, and not necessarily together.

Farm Supplier
    I think my Pergola has dropped a couple feasts. Plus it's so pretty; it's one of my favorite buildings. But yeah, last year for Thanksgiving we had the Pergola. Plus, the chicken, cow, and sheep that we dressed as turkeys. Then Christians was the Kingdom Inn and the Reindeer Stable. I didn't finish the stable, so it sits unfinished in my inventory. Also, we went on adventures to Polaris, which is a beautiful winter wonderland where our knights brought back building supplies.

Executive Chef
    Oh yes!! Last thanksgiving we had multiple quests for turkey animals! Now I remember! There was a lot going on then!
    That's where I got my free turkey cow, turkey sheep, turkey pig and turkey chicken!! We had to use a lot of Dyes, and probably wool and furs. The leaves you can't obtain in advance.
    I can't believe I forgot my Tur-animal herd! Lol!
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

Executive Chef
    There were some quests last year for Thanksgiving/Christmas which caught people out who didn't have large resources in stock. The timings were not good also and what with random drops from quests and "holiday" items which stopped dropping after Thanksgiving which confused people like me in the UK who thought "holiday" applied to Christmas. There were lots of unfinished Pergolas and Kingdom Inns. The Christmas trees, some you bought with coins, some with gems but you were supposed to buy them to chop them down before Christmas. It was very odd .....there were lots of complaints during this time but I think TL learned a lot and subsequent events have been reasonable to achieve.

Since then a lot of people have become hoarders of resources. I don't think you can plan because we don't know what they will have in store for us this year but it makes sense to keep your resources as close to maximum as possible.

I would suggest only doing trades in the exchange when you are close to maxing out unless it is the eggs and milk which are very quick to replenish if you need them. I would also suggest keeping all your crops close to 99. If an update began with "give 75 carrots" there will be many players who will do it instantly. If you have to grow those carrots, you may end up a couple of days behind. Silver and fur are very often required and not easy to obtain if you need them quick. It is always a good idea to have plenty of inks of different colours and also max stocks on all your petals and some stocks of your basics like beams, blocks, glues. Keep your saps stock high too just in case you need to make some more. In fact it may be easy just to check every item you have in your inventory which is low and aim to get it higher if you can, lol.

As far as food is concerned aim for stocks of the basics sugar, flours and chocolates in case of new recipes which need them and have a few feasts for each of the adventures we currently have, just in case you need to send then knights out on them.

And don't forget we have been given opportunities to get and make faerie blocks, beams and pastes. Do not be surprised to see if we need them soon.
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Fashion Designer
    i have stopped questing at the moment to stockpile feasts

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast