Thread: Gift

New Resident

Gift

How do I ask friends for gifts

Fashion Designer
    Gifts and requests for buildable appliances are two different things, just in case that's what you meant. For gifts, only way is to post a message on their wall asking them to send you a specific gift each day. There's no guarantee that they will send you that item, but for those neighbors that actually pay attention to that type of thing, you may receive it.

For requested parts, if you purchase an appliance with the hammer icon on it, there will be a cardboard box with parts in it instead of the actual oven. Just double tap on that box and it will prompt a message telling you which parts you need and how many you have versus how many you already have. There should be a button to top that says something like Request parts from neighbors. This will open up your neighbor list and you can request that particular part from any neighbor that you check off from that list. Then you can do the same for the next part(s).

Take note, each neighbor can only receive one request for help per day, so you can't request two or more parts from the same neighbor in the same day. Also, you can only receive up to 20 requests per day, so if you send requests for more than 20, it will start up a queue and just give 20 requests that day and then the rest along the next day or more (depending on how many requests you made). So, try to only work on one box at a time so you don't take up all of your appliance slots waiting for them to be built. Even if you get the required parts for the machine, you will still get the additional requests put into your gift inventory, which you can check by going to My Gifts in the main menu.

Hope that answers your question
    I am no longer accepting new neighbor requests at this time, I have more than enough for now. Thanks!