Thread: Does gems worth it?

Banned

Exclamation Are gems worth it?

Gems (these green crystals) are used for a lot of stuff in-game. But remember a few things! :
    1) You don't need to buy them with real money!
    Just wait to see a new game, which can be DOWNLOADED from Google Play. This action will
    give you up to 4 gems, which can get useful sometimes.
    2) You have to be careful, when a new ad pops up on your screen! Sometimes, you can
    accidentally press "Add" or "Buy Gems" and if you're not disabled "in-app purchases" you can say goodbye
    to your precious money! Be careful guys!
    And the other tip is - You are not supposed to play with gems, they are not nessecery at all.
    You can spend them on cooking food (which is a BIG mistake I had made a lot of times, before I became
    a good Restaurant Story player) and this will finnish the process immediately.
    You can spend them on decorations, chairs, tables, counters, floor tiles, chests and whatever man! But it doesn't worth it!
    1st, because when you buy something with gems, it's VERY VERY cheap, when you sell it later and
    2nd, because most things can be bought with coins (with gems too, but they are too expensive though)
    Gems can be spent on stoves, ovens, grills (e.g. "Sonic Grill" ; "Forever Stove" etc.) BUT ,once again it doesn't worth it! But after all, it's your choice and taste! Good luck with Restaurant Story.
    Last edited by SunnyDay45; 11-13-14 at 08:25 AM.

I started downloading all of the new games over the summer, and the gems really add up that way. I am also hooked on Fashion Story now because of that. Lol

Executive Chef
    THE ONLY TIME I BUY GEMS IS WHEN THEY, TL, HAS THE 40% OFF SALE. Beyond that I rely on earning them by maxing the new recipes on the new appliances we get during challenges. We usually get 2 appliances per challenge w 3 recipes per appliance so that's 12 gems per challenge. I really don't like most of the items that cost gems so I don't need a whole lot.
    Currently NOT ADDING NBRS SO PLZ DO NOT SEND INVITE
    Thanks,
    Elainecarrel

Executive Chef
    I'm sure some people appreciate the advice, sunnyday, but you're not entirely accurate. on point 1, not everyone plays on android, which gets the "download other games" goals a good deal more frequently than ios, to my understanding (i'm also android). and, also to the best of my knowledge, those goals tend to be worth 4-8 gems, not up to 4. on your second point, yes, everyone should be very careful tapping--i don't think there's a player out there who hasn't accidentally spent gems at some point, but you also seem to be telling people not to spend gems on tiles/wallpaper/tables/chairs etc, which is an entirely personal decision.

also, if there's any way to change the title of the thread, it should be "are gems worth it" not "does gems worth it."