Thread: Broken Hearts

Host(ess)

Question Broken Hearts

All my customers always had pink hearts above thier heads, then all I did was change my wallpaper and decorations to get ready for halloween, and now some are leaving with broken hearts. I did't move any of the tables or racks and no decorations are blocking their way, so why do some have broken hearts?

Executive Chef
    Can you post a picture of your shop?
    Sometimes, you just gotta shake your head, so you won't pop off at the mouth.

#sometimesifeellikeanupdatelesschild

Not adding neighbors at this time. All requests will be declined.
    ❤️Love ya, IsisGarden (Fashion Story Moderator)
    Ft Support Help: Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com

Host(ess)
    Here are 3 screen-shots, I circled the broken hearts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FS1.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	103.5 KB 
ID:	16135

Name:	FS2.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	16136

Name:	FS3.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	16137

Executive Chef
    Perhaps, your dressing rooms are so far away that the customers have to take a long time to get to them and they get upset, this the broken hearts. Maybe try moving the dressing rooms around and placing them around the shop more.
    Sometimes, you just gotta shake your head, so you won't pop off at the mouth.

#sometimesifeellikeanupdatelesschild

Not adding neighbors at this time. All requests will be declined.
    ❤️Love ya, IsisGarden (Fashion Story Moderator)
    Ft Support Help: Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com

This is a bit of a long shot, but try removing that pumpkin seat in the top corner of your store. I have an issue in my Meiji store where decoration sitting over the fourth row started causing a lot of broken hearts. Had to store it to fix the issue.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    This is a bit of a long shot, but try removing that pumpkin seat in the top corner of your store. I have an issue in my Meiji store where decoration sitting over the fourth row started causing a lot of broken hearts. Had to store it to fix the issue.
    I agree to try this. I too sometimes have issues with this square. Try moving the pumpkin seat and see if that helps.

I did some more testing around this, and can't really figure out exactly which square is the problem (using a 1x1 decoration). I remember reading it as being the 4th row, but now I think it's the 7th row up against the wall. I managed to solve the problem in my store by pushing the 3x3 display out from the wall by one square. It's path finding problem so maybe it's a combination of items.

I'd say try clearing that top corner one item at a time to see which item seems to be the problem one.

Host(ess)
    I tried storing the pumpkin seat, but nothing changed. I did add 2 more registers and that seemed to help, but I do still have a couple of broken hearts here and there.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandyLeeMix View Post
    I tried storing the pumpkin seat, but nothing changed. I did add 2 more registers and that seemed to help, but I do still have a couple of broken hearts here and there.
    It isn't just that square, it is a combination of that square and register location.
    I notice that if I block that square and my register is more than 4 or 5 squares away from it, I get a ton of broken hearts. If I unblock it, I can SOMETIMES keep my register faraway. If I move the register closer, I can keep that square blocked and suddenly everyone is happy. I only ever have one register, mind you.

The issue seems to be pathing to a register, because what causes the broken hearts is that sometimes only one customer at a time can use any given register. If you get your register location correct, however, all the customers in your store can queue up for that single register. Assuming you have enough mirrors and dressing rooms, of course.

Just keep moving your register and testing. Sometimes racks or dressing rooms directly adjacent to or behind a register can mess it up, sometimes moving your register a single square can fix all the broken hearts. Just keep trying and playing with the location. Even after 1-1/2 years of playing, every time I do a major redecorate and decide to move my register, it can take me a lot of trial and error to make it work.

Feel free to send me an invite and come check out my single register store, see what I mean about location.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandyLeeMix View Post
    Here are 3 screen-shots, I circled the broken hearts.

Name:	FS1.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	103.5 KB 
ID:	16135

Name:	FS2.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	16136

Name:	FS3.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	16137
    Your dressing rooms are too far away from the racks. Place them right next to each rack. Also, you don't have enough dressing rooms for the amount of racks you have. When a customer decides to look at a rack, they have already 'reserved' which dressing room they plan to go into. Now if another customer walks in and also chooses to look at a rack, and the dressing room they pre-choose happens to have another customer already in it, they will continue to look at the rack but leave with a broken heart. Try to allocate a dressing room for every two clothing racks you have.

Ditto for your mirrors. Again, the same concept. If a mirror has been pre-chosen by a customer, another customer can't use it, and therefore will leave with a broken heart. Try to allocate one mirror per every 2 counters.

If you want to make money faster:
    1)have lots of counters and racks full. Believe it or not, customers prefer the shop to be full of counters and racks, and none should be empty. The more you have, the more customers will come in and the more money you will make. I only found this out by noticing that the fewer racks and counters I had, the less money I made. I didn't want to add more because I was so focused on trying to sell off the stuff I already had for sale. Little did I know that yes while they were selling faster, I wasn't making much money because I didn't have much to sell.

2)place your registers right next to the doors or as close as possible to the doors.

3) place your racks and counters, and therefore mirros and dressing rooms as close to the registers and doors as possible. The reason for this is the customers don't have to walk as far to the counters and racks upon walking into the store. The less steps they take, the faster they leave and the faster you can have new customers enter your shop

You are welcome to check out my store if you want. I rarely have broken hearts and I make money fast.
    I play Bakery Story & Fashion Story.
    I have too many neighbours now so
    ALL NEIGHBOUR REQUESTS FROM NOW ON WILL BE DECLINED.
    I DO NOT TIP so please DON'T tip me if you expect a tip back.