Page 55 of 160 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Update 10/16/14: Halloween Event!

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    EBJW, They have fixed the gate alignment issue.... go ahead and set it up. They look fabulous!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    EBJW, They have fixed the gate alignment issue.... go ahead and set it up. They look fabulous!

Thanx for letting me know, me a bit happier now !
    I'll try later on when I have a bit more time!
    I am Zelda

Hello All. I have just over 1600 candy - the secret, having all four knowledge shards and time. As others have posted, if you keep on harvesting corn and a good supply of sugar, you will get loads of candy very quickly. I am working from home at the moment so I can harvest regularly. I have 7 Alicorns but have only used one. With the knowledge shard you get 1/3 energy back from both harvesting and slaying the skunkupines that come up from harvesting. So from harvesting you get candy, from slaying you get candy and from cooking you get more candy and it really only "costs" you 2/3 of your energy.

Anyway this works for me. Just have fun with it and even the lower level players will get the community prizes. I also play DS and they always seem slow at the beginning but in the end all community prizes are achieved - so stay positive and have fun!

Executive Chef
    I really love the spooky walls and gate set! Am not doing too great at collecting candy but will keep at it whenever I check in. My daughter's game got a cute spooky scarecrow from the adventure, that was a nice bonus.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by stuffedmounts View Post
    I've got 1341 right now. I'm level 50 with the max # of plots (60), 2 fully upgraded wizard schools, 1 pink alicorn, 5 alicorns. So far I've only used 1 regular alicorn. Basically I've just been good about collecting from houses (Ivy, Sabina, Old Thomas, Thurston) when they're ready. Collecting from the HH, and also the Jack o Lantern I bought. I try to get in 2 quests per day but that doesn't always line up. At least 1 per day. My main focus has been growing corn and making candy corn. I grow sugar over night and another full 60 sugar in the morning. I also collect from my (deep) mines for silver. So far I've still got a few days worth on those tiaras so I'm good there.

Aside of just focusing on stuff necessary to make/get candy corns, being good about collecting when stuff is ready, and playing the game several times a day is probably the best advice I can offer. I'm hoping I can earn the cauldron... We'll see.

Also, alicorns regenerate in 7 days so make sure you do use them to get the most bang for your buck! If you use each one at least twice, that's an extra 400 energy towards your goal!
    Same here. I have 1561 candies. 1 Alicorn, 1 pink Alicorn, Wizzard school at level 3. Had something like 51 sugars made before this started. Corn, corn and more corn !!! Cook and cook some more! And have all the shards. Try to do 3 adventures/day, maybe spend a very few gems at the end of day to restart adventure. Did get a pumpkin, too cool. I only click on things that will give me candy or needed supplies, except also on glimmergate (sister, sister!)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ghjvcucjb View Post
    How in the world have people gotten over 1330??? I have 5 alicorns, 1 pink alicorn, 2 fully upgraded wizard schools and only focus on this event's need stuff and I'm no where near 1330. Please give us all tips! I don't have enough energy to do any more than I'm already doing.
    I only have 1 Pink Allicorn (it has only dropped 4 energy a time during the event), no normal Allicorns. I do have 2 fully upgrades Wizard schools and all shards from the tabernaum. I bought 1 Jack o'Lantern and have 1434 Candy Corn at this moment. I am lvl 47, and on goal Faerie-bridge, and Sister, Sister.

I seem to be doing the same as you, but I play every two hours or more, so I rarely let energie go to waste. Furtermore, I do set an alarm for important things, like the adventure, and my husband is playing alone with me on my account, he wakes up a lot earlier than me, so he can put that energy to good use too. I think that's the trick: timing and playing atleast every 1-2 hours.

I collect from quite a range of buildings and animals, but only those that (could) benefit to the quest, like the harvest pergola, dragons (got 4 of them) and Sir Pigglesworth or the Troll vault. Got the third upgrade of the Haunted Hall just this moment, with only one bat left.

Am getting short on silver tho... That's my bottle neck. I even sent out a jewelers trade today... No shortage on glimmerdust or jewels...

Ps, I realy love that the Haunted Hall is already this nice on lvl 3 ! That way also pleople that can't upgrade it above 3 won't have an ugly buildingplace in their kingdoms, but something nice to look at!

Rhino Keeper
    Is there a list of Community Prize breakpoints?
    Like this-

Originally Posted by shipower
    Prize 1 (100) : Halloween Banner x 1
    Prize 2 (600) : Spooky Wall x 30, Spooky Tower x 2, Spooky Gate x 1
    Prize 3 (1250) : Fancy Beam x 4, Fancy Block x 4, Fancy Chandelier x 1, Energy x 40
    Prize 4 (2300) : Cownt Dracula x 1 (size 1x1, 1Hr Collection Time)
    Prize 5 (3100) : Witch's Cauldron x 1 (size 2x2, 4Hr Collection Time)

And does anyone know what Dracula and the Cauldron Drop?

thx
    <-Add me - dubbleyooteeyef - on Dragon Story or Castle Story. I don't visit or chat much as I already spend too much time on my own clicks - but I'm on often to send and return items and ingredients.

Dragon Story World Event and Arena Tips in my Profile (Visitor Comments Page) ................. Next Tournaments - ** not sure TL messed up the routine** - with Minis on Weekends in between.

Quote Originally Posted by ghjvcucjb View Post
    How in the world have people gotten over 1330??? I have 5 alicorns, 1 pink alicorn, 2 fully upgraded wizard schools and only focus on this event's need stuff and I'm no where near 1330. Please give us all tips! I don't have enough energy to do any more than I'm already doing.
    I'm at 1493 this morning with candy corn cooking in both kitchens. I hit level 40 this weekend, so extra energy there. I also was able to use the Exchange for three energy trades. While I have no alicorns or wizard schools, I do have all four knowledge shards, which is a huge advantage. So far, I've spent eight gems, all to speed up Trick or Treat adventures before bedtime so I can get three done each day. My Haunted Hall is two bats short of level three, I'm fretting it won't get finished, but I couldn't go through with buying the Jack O' Lantern. I'm gem frugal.
    I work from home, and homeschool my kids, and more than half my work I do on my iPad. Therefore, it's always right there. That makes harvesting and collecting really easy for me. Plus, I was sick all weekend, so I did nothing away from home.
    TL:dr - barely level 40, but doing okay. Secret weapon, iPad fused to my hand.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by goldielambo View Post

Also seen posts on here when people state they have been crafting 6 hats/masks/tiaras a day - why? unless you are very sad, then the most adventures you can do is 3 a day - and even then you have to gem the final one before bed!
    Because I want to make sure I have enough to adventure throughout the entire event, and I don't want a half completed Haunted Hall. So I want to get enough bats and ghosts. I don't gem the final one before bed. 7am, 3pm, 11pm. Done.

Rhino Keeper
    Hi all. I'm new here ... have only been playing CS for 3 months (only on level 29), but am totally hooked and love it!
    Anyone else having a problem with wool shortage for the witch hats? Never seemed to be a problem for me before, but now I haven't gotten any wool the last 3 collection times from my stable So I just bought another sheep ....