Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant Update 10/8/14

Executive Chef
    not hugely fond of the wallpaper (don't really want large crosses in my place), but otherwise i like it! especially the food, which looks really cute. and the vampire waiter.
    I go by varying numbers of utensils in BS, and cafe lula, welcome cafe, and zephyr cafe in RS (just so you know it's me--you can't add me by those).
    I always love to visit well-designed or creative bakeries & restaurants!

Farm Supplier
    I love it...i hope it's part of the new goal, i'd hate to have to wait for it to come to my android, or have to search the google store for the update to download

Executive Chef
    Yuck at the wallpaper. If we have to buy it for the goals, I plan to sell those immediately afterwards.

Love these and BS goals love the the new food and decor! It is after all almost Halloween!

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar

OMG... a TREE! With falling red leaves! I wish it were standalone, but I'm really happy it's there! Although, the mailbox to the side confuses me a bit. I think the piece would go well next to the haunted house LTO, so it would look like it's the mailbox for that house... Hmm... does this mean TL is planning on re-releasing it for Halloween?

The house in question:

Love that some of the recipes look like they could transition into autumn, too - especially the little stuffed pumpkins! And do my eyes deceive me or is that new dishware? Can it be?? The end of the infamous classic blue plates???

The only thing I don't like very much is the wallpaper (I would have preferred a plain starry night, with nothing in the foreground), but it's a small drop of discontent in an ocean of amazement. This new goal set looks fantastic! Thank you TL

Quote Originally Posted by Sb1957 View Post
    I am still expecting for android players the announcement "new for android: Restaurant story outdoors".........and now this goal.....maybe we don't deserve the free gems????
    I think we had to wait almost two weeks for the last one. We should hopefully still get the goals without needing to update, though.

Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    not hugely fond of the wallpaper (don't really want large crosses in my place), but otherwise i like it! especially the food, which looks really cute. and the vampire waiter.
    Me too about the wallpaper, for the same reasons. The vampire looks great! Now if only he had a fellow vampire in the restaurant and a bar from which to serve drinks to the customers. How convenient that the Vampire Bartender from the Spooky Chest happens to meet both criteria The drink he's pouring even looks like the drink being served!

Seriously TL, please bring this back! Bonus points if it's opened at the time of reintroduction so players can choose what they want So many cute spooky things...

Quote Originally Posted by rosewaterlily View Post
    Yuck at the wallpaper. If we have to buy it for the goals, I plan to sell those immediately afterwards.
    I think most goals allow players to buy different wallpapers. Might test this with these upcoming goals...
    Last edited by pixiegamer; 10-07-14 at 10:44 PM.
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Executive Chef
    Wow, this is beyond bad. So dark and gloomy and depressing. I really don't like anything in here at all. Also what's with all the crosses on the walls? Don't they know there that not everyone believes in crosses and that this is highly offensive to all the other religions in the world that not only don't celebrate Halloween, but also get offended by crosses? If they took down Fashion Story's airport updates for being offensive (which wasn't half as bad as this), then this should never even hit the game. I am for one am very very disappointed with this update and I know I'm speaking for many other people who can't access the forums. Please take it down.
    Last edited by CuteTali; 10-07-14 at 10:39 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by pipipooh1977 View Post
    Garbage, garbage, garbage.....yuck!!!!!! Time for me and other players to take a few weeks off from the games! Nasty holiday!
    Quote Originally Posted by sbratprincess View Post
    I'll be passing on goals this month.
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    not hugely fond of the wallpaper (don't really want large crosses in my place)
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewaterlily View Post
    Yuck at the wallpaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post
    The only thing I don't like very much is the wallpaper (I would have preferred a plain starry night, with nothing in the foreground).
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post
    Me too about the wallpaper, for the same reasons.
    The wallpaper needs to go. It's majorly offensive.

Fashion Designer
    very nice update! those trick or treat kids are so cute!!
    The majority of updates have nothing to do at all with any type of holiday.... if you don't like it, just don't do it, or buy anything from it. Like I did with most of last weeks stuff. We have to ALL respect everyones holiday's and likes and dislikes. It's not as if you are being forced to participate. Cemetaries are full of crosses.... I certainly do not find them offensive any more than I would anything anyone chose to put in there to honour their loved ones life. Long and short...if you don't like it, don't do it. No one is forcing anyone to do anything here.

Gotta agree

I absolutely love this update, it is exactly what most players have been asking for. It's a shame that the wallpaper has created some controversy, I have recently found out that Halloween is a tradition with Celtic origins which was forced into change by Christian missionaries (hence the Christian influence). On All Hallows' Eve (Halloween), Christians in some parts of the world visit graveyards to pray and place flowers and candles on the graves of their loved ones.

To my knowledge other religions don't recognise Halloween, so having crosses on the wallpaper seems a rather accurate representation of this day.

Restaurant Story is designed and created in the U.S. so it is reasonable to assume that themes in the game will be designed around U.S. recognised holidays, such as Valentines Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Some of which have religious origins. The games content has had updates this year including Chinese New Year, Italian themed items, French update, Ancient Egypt goals (with Pyramids and Sarcophagus having some religious origins).

This update is just the same, aiming for accuracy for the theme. I feel that team lava are on the right track at least by introducing skin colour by way of the Chef in the Pizza Toss - this is a step forward in my opinion.

Well done TeamLava! Great new update.
    Last edited by dejoul123; 10-08-14 at 04:53 AM. Reason: correction for accuracy

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast