Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: What to buy with gems?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    All info is in the Barons Tent thread in the Hub. (Or click link below)
    Thanks, found it! So basically, start with the 3 cabbages you get automatically and don't use them at all. Then collect from the hut every day without using any of those cabbages, until you have 25 cabbages stored, then you can use them when you see an item you like.

I didn't know about the not using them trick. I bet a lot of users that don't use the forums would never even imagine to do this.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Yep! That's exactly how it works. As for the last bit, hmm, not sure. I guess that's where we play our part in helping those who don't come here.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Yep! That's exactly how it works. As for the last bit, hmm, not sure. I guess that's where we play our part in helping those who don't come here.
    I know this is off topic (sorry!!) but would there be any way for the devs to put a link to the forums in the faq's? would help get the word out a little more! (unless it's already there and I'm just being blind and not seeing it in which case please delete this!)

Rhino Keeper
    How long will the "limited" golden mine be in the market? 530 gems is a huge purchase. Looking for player feedback please. Thanks

Rhino Keeper
    Hmm not sure what to buy next. Level 50 with 551 gems (all freebies) and done all goals up to newest update 8/18. Got it down to 3 items.
    The Cabbage Hut 450
    Golden Mine 520
    Beastbane Display 530
    -------------------------------------------------Signature ----------------------------------------------------------

WILL NEVER BUY GEMS UNTIL THE PURPLE ALICORN GETS THE 40 ENERGY BACK THAT WAS ADVERTISED

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bald1e View Post
    Hmm not sure what to buy next. Level 50 with 551 gems (all freebies) and done all goals up to newest update 8/18. Got it down to 3 items.
    The Cabbage Hut 450
    Golden Mine 520
    Beastbane Display 530
    I would say Golden Mine, especially since I think it's limited.

Rhino Keeper
    Took the plunge and bought the Golden Mine and I've been pleased so far.
    3x Golden Apple.
    3x Golden Nugget.
    1x Golden Egg. (always got more of these naturally so glad of the low drop rate so far)
    -------------------------------------------------Signature ----------------------------------------------------------

WILL NEVER BUY GEMS UNTIL THE PURPLE ALICORN GETS THE 40 ENERGY BACK THAT WAS ADVERTISED

Fashion Designer

Where do you use your gems for?

Hi all,

Gems are very hard to get and very useful for everything. That's why I want to use them only for the most useful things.
    Ofcourse I use them sometimes for speeding up something or to buy a missing thing to complete a timed quest during events. I don't use them for the other quests. I'm level 33, so if I miss something, I simply work on another quest until I have enough to complete it.

But I want to know what your best (or worst) longtime investments are, if you spend it in the market.
    I bought 4 things so far;
    -sheep
    -red trillium
    -maple tree
    -moon rock
    and I'm happy with their useful drops.
    On top of my wishlist now is an apple tree (still hoping to get 1 from an adventure...)

Is their something that gives gems as drops?
    What is the best energy giver?
    And last but not least, what can give you the ultrarare drops we need a lot during the game?

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Jackiesq I merged your thread with this existing one about gem purchasing. The Informatin Nugget about gems in the Hub also has info about gem drops. Links below. The new sales thread also has recent and good discussion about gem purchase items as does the help me thread.

The best energy giver - the most are alicorns and wizard school, occasionally Sir Pigglesworth.
    Ultra rare drops - very subjective.... The rarest items may now be useful for the Elven Outpost. The Inventory Guide has a list of all drops. What's rare for you may not be rare to me because 1. I've played longer; 2. My luck may be better; 3. I spend a lot of time collecting vs someone who is only in their game to use their energy once a day etc.

Interesting question though

Rhino Keeper
    any advice for a lvl22??? I have gotten 1xapple tree, 1xOrange tree, 1x lemon tree...

I really do not know what to use gems for atm I have around 90+

should I just save them up for later?? or just get another set of the 3x trees?

I really like the cabbage hut but I heard it can be gotten with coins